[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>EU passes law requiring all handheld devices to use the standardized
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1
File: fb-3ds-400x400[1].jpg (36 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
fb-3ds-400x400[1].jpg
36 KB, 400x400
>EU passes law requiring all handheld devices to use the standardized mini-USB port instead of proprietary chargers.
>Nintendo chooses to remove charger from 3DS sold in Europe to get around the law, charges $14 dollars for the cable, does not lower the price of the 3DS, and then removes the cables from Asian and American markets as well to cut costs
>Five redesigns and Nintendo continues to use their bullshit proprietary charger instead of using the mini-USB standard

Why do people like this Jewish company?
>>
>>339865662
>Waaah, my shitty authoritarian government passed a stupid law, why does it have consequences?
>>
>>339865662
micro, not mini.
>>
>>339867196

how the fuck is it a stupid law
>>
Because you'll buy it anyway
See- amiibos
>>
>>339865662
Fuck you OP. Actually this is a really good law. One good thing the EU is doing out of a million shitty things.

ITT OP a huge cock sucking faggot
>>
>>339867751
It makes me sad you yuropeons are actually against the free market.
>>
>>339865662
They dont even sell AC chargers for the wii u in stores. Ones your gamepad AC charger breaks you are fucked and cant use the consoles more.
>>
>>339867196
>law designed to protect consumers is a bad law
Oh, you silly children!
>>
>>339867196
Corporations would literally own you if governments didn't do their best to stop it

You know why Nintendo doesn't suddenly lock every 3DS and demand $500/month to unlock and keep using it? It's not because they can't. It's because it's illegal.
>>
>>339867196

> Trying to insert shitty politics rant into a good law

Go back to /pol/
>>
Mini is shit anyways. Too prone to breaking both ports and connectors. Make the law USB-C.
>>
>>339868336
Are you kidding me? Its anti-consumer as fuck. How the fuck is only ONE option more consumer friendly than MANY options? Is this the yuropeon education system at work?
>>
>>339868213
THIS SO MUCH! FUCK YOU, OP!
NINTENDOMINATION! GET HOOYPE!
>>
>>339867751
The government shouldn't decide what standards an industry uses you faggot.
>>
Is this why the Vita got a shitty USB port change?
Fuck mini-USB chargers. They're flimsy as fuck and have a life expectancy of a newt.

God dammit, I fucking hate Europe.
>>
>>339868491
Pretty sure many manufacturers are around producing USB cables.
>>
>>339868242
2 0 0 8
>>
>>339868764
>yuropeon reading comprehension
Goddamn you fucks deserve Sharia.
>>
>>339868854
Just like you deserve your niggers.
Did you mean the connection ports?
>>
>>339865662
EU is full of bullshit that everyone can see it is being authoritarian.
EU is probably what the East Asia Co-Prosperity Sphere would be if the Japanese won the war.

That said US is no better with their TPP bullshit as well.
>>
>>339868759
at least the included micro USB cable doesn't disintegrate like the old vita cable and can be replaced without buying a knock-off from china
>>
But that's a shitty law.
You only think it's good because it comes to the consumer's convenience. But if you statically standardise to one form of the technology, you're effectively gridlocking any competition for newer better forms of it and just allows shitty flimsy, easily breakable versions of the tech to be released constantly. So what was once viewed as convenience turned into a new traditional of buying a new charger every other month.

It's fucking dumb. Tell the EU to go fuck itself with such stupidity.
>>
>>339868491

Many options of what you idiot? Do you know what proprietary means? Do you also defend the Vita memory cards?
>>
>>339869319
>One form of technology

It's just the geometry of a charging unit connector.
>>
Cucktendrones will defend literally everything that shitty company does
>>339868445
I'm sure if they did drones would defend it.
>>
>>339870795
>It's only $500 per month! I make that much in a week. And for that you can play all these games that the other consoles don't hve
>>
>>339868445
I could see Nintendo doing this too sadly.
>>
>>339865662
Because you're a faggot.
>>
>>339868445
The thing about that is that government influence can be bought. And guess who the highest bidders are? The already-rich and powerful. They are in bed together.

So what actually happens is that companies who are already entrenched and wealthy, just lobby for legislature to fuck their competitors. And it's spun and marketed in a way to look pro-consumer, despite doing the exact opposite, and afterwards, people are too stupid to realize it did the exact opposite, so they clamor for even more legislation. This is the cycle we call "regulatory capture" where consumers get pissed, rich and corrupt companies go "oh, no, please, not legislature! I like my hoard of money!", and then they buy influence to pass legislature in their favor.

If you think the rich and powerful (corporations) aren't just going to use the rich and powerful (the government) to buy legislature that only benefits them using by the giant, buyable fist of the state, you have another thing coming.

Evil being in charge of managing evil only results in evil doing favors for evil, and then using sophistry to make you all all blame and hate each-other, and suck the life-force out of the people/companies in society that actually *are* productive.
>>
>>339867751
Because it's a slippery slope. This law you like because it makes your life slightly more convenient possibly. What if the next law is that all cereal has to be strawberry flavor and square in design? That's a bit of an exaggeration obviously but government shouldn't be getting involved and businesses should be able to sell their products the way they want and build them the way they want.
>>
>>339865662
>everyone has multiple chargers lying around alraedy
>nintendo didn't want to include another one due to environmental waste
>if you need one you just need to pay a little money to get one

Compare that to Sony where you need a mandatory $100 memory card just to play the Vita speaks volumes on Sony's greed compared to Nintendo's generosity and kind heartedness towards the environment and thinking about gamers.
>>
>>339873162
Cue the following: "But if it wasn't for government, there would be absolute chaos. So government and laws are a necessary evil. Something something Somalia."
>>
>>339865662
What fucking law is that? Explain iPhone then.
>>
>>339873423
Holy shitlmao
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.