[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wonder Boy 3 remake
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: WonderBoyTheDragonsTrap-03.jpg (425 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
WonderBoyTheDragonsTrap-03.jpg
425 KB, 1920x1080
How does /v/ feel about the remake?

http://www.engadget.com/2016/06/03/sega-classic-wonder-boy-iii-remake-is-decidedly-modern/
>>
Easily the sexiest original art style I've seen in a long time. That waterpaint on paper texture is making me cum buckets
>>
>>339863323

I'm pumped for it. I want to see more remakes like this.

Wish someone would remake Rampage.
>>
I'm gonna get this if it costs like 15 bucks...

I already beat it as a kid.
>>
>mobile tier graphics
>furfag shit
It looks like fucking shit.
>developed by the french
Of course.
>>
>>339864519
>furfag shit
what?
>>
>>339863323
Cuphead looks better
>>
Thread theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2YbwIuhv0E
>>
>>339864519
trying too hard
>>
File: 1453342625976.jpg (61 KB, 485x480) Image search: [Google]
1453342625976.jpg
61 KB, 485x480
>>339865237
>SMS Version
superior version coming through

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SdGgpG8AQ0
>>
Remake? What about the Monster Boy game now?
Its also being handled by mobile French devs trying to get out of mobiles. They've got their hands on the Japanese creator of game too.

https://youtu.be/Mjg1s6A6VJ8
>>
>>339863323

Looks typical modern indie graphics to me.
>>
>>339863041

Looks like Shantae, but better.
>>
>>339865174
I don't know, the chromatic aberration filter fucks everything up and the Steamboat Willie-style animation was never especially pleasant to look at. It's true to its source material, but that doesn't automatically mean it looks good.

Plus the gameplay seems to be a boss rush full of bullet sponge and with no juicy impacts at all. No thanks.
>>
>>339866486
> Steamboat Willie-style animation was never especially pleasant to look at
What.
>>
I'm pretty surprised wonder boy iii getting recognition, yet alone a master system game (besides phantasy star)
>>
>>339866949
>phantasy star
>recognition
Phantasy Star and Phantasy Star Online are completely different things.
>>
>>339866949
>phantasy star
I hate how they let it die and turned it into mmorgp shit
>>
>>339867323

I can argue online is what destroyed any proper phantasy star squeal, Online is good but just rekts any proper game though

Kinda like how RE4 while a good game turned the series completely shit
>>
>>339866486
Not him but you can turn the filter off and it won't only be a boss rush there will be platforming levels too
>>
I love the hand drawn artstyle. I Literally want to eat it it's so cute
>>
>>339867569
>She does say that after 4, there was some talk about a story for 5, with concepts involving questions like "are there gods in the PS universe?", "is the dark force really evil, and the light force really good?", and "What is the light force in the world that opposes Dark Force? Is it justice?".

this is all I could find I guess they just ran out of ideas or whatever
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.