[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>8000 player peak at release >4000 player peak after Sapienza
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5
File: DALE.jpg (86 KB, 671x960) Image search: [Google]
DALE.jpg
86 KB, 671x960
>8000 player peak at release
>4000 player peak after Sapienza release
>3000 player peak after Marrakesh
How low will it go for the next episodeā„¢?
Were you even aware of Marrakesh?
Is this going to be the last Hitman game?
>>
>the game is actually good

I'm having fun.
>>
>release model isn't hurting level design
>only $5 extra if you only buy the intro pack and build off that
>cardboard Soviet Base from Intro is worth replays
>Sapienza was even better than Paris
>arguably becoming better than Blood Money

The only things wrong about Hitman 6 is the lack of a Subtitle and the online BS, so I look forward each month to the next level release.
>>
I refuse to buy episodic games before everything is out.
>>
Missed both elusive targets since I had to work those weekends. Pretty much made me give up on the game. Havent touched it since the first elusive target.
>>
>>339853657
Problem with hitman with a subscription is the game isn't even fully fleshed out or written yet because they are waiting to see how successful it is
>>
>>339853657
Not buying until game is complete.
>>
>>339854397
This. Episodic system might even play in their favor, since they focus more on releasing good levels, because if they won't, they'll be eaten alive.

They can also add more DLC maps in the future, so the game might get some sales and life after.
>>
Many people will probably buy the game on complete launch next year.

They do not seem particularly unhappy with their sales either; they're even talking about a second season.

Also, the game is good.
>>
Anybody else got the invite for the "player panel"?
Basically you get surveys and even skype or telephone interviews where they ask you about your opinion.
It's free QA for them, but hell, I'll do it as long as it yields improvements.
>>
File: 1438532829746.png (558 KB, 503x653) Image search: [Google]
1438532829746.png
558 KB, 503x653
>>339853892
It's not bad, the story line is sort-of intriguing. I haven't done Marrakesh. I am curious how many episodes there are supposed to be though?
>>
>>339855354
There'll be 3 more sand-box maps (Thailand, USA, and Japan) and a mysterious 7th level about which they said nothing (my guess is that they have no idea what'll be in it yet).
>>
Is there a good way to suit only accident kill Claus without waiting around forever? Everyone else I've been able to either bait them over to where I am or set a trap for them to fall into without me there, but from what I can see unless I'm lucky I have to wait a few minutes for him to lean over a railing.
>>
>>339853657
I'm gonna buy the game when it's actually finished but I get this disturbing Absolution vibe when I watch gameplay videos, meaning the levels look like they're designed around those shitty pseudo cinematic setpieces.
>>
File: marakesh.jpg (238 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
marakesh.jpg
238 KB, 1920x1080
there's like 110-120 guards and the rest are civvies

i know because i made a couple runs killing just the guards
>>
game is doing great on consoles so once again pcucks ignore a good game in favor of mobas.
>>
>>339854525
>>339854754
same, I want to binge the game until I finish it, I'm not going to keep interested for almost a year.
I'll probably replay each level a few times before moving on to the next one just like with Blood Money, but I will not wait over a month between levels.
>>339854579
the elusive targets sound like a retarded gimmick the devs only added to the game to make people who decided to wait feel like their missing something
>>
>>339856674
>game is doing great on consoles
[citation needed]
>>
>>339856674
>game is doing great on consoles
can you name one source that even implies this is true?
>>
>>339853657
I honestly don't see how the franchise ever survived. It's always been trial and error gameplay. Edgy teens just eat up the fact that you can strangle people though.
>>
>>339857543
>Codename 47 is dogshite
>Silent Assassin is even worse
>Contracts is slightly OK
>Blood Money is great but shite AI
>Absolution isn't even a HITMAN game

It's amazing how it got this far
>>
>>339857543
>It's always been trial and error gameplay
Some people like that. It's like solving a puzzle.
>>
>>339857543

an action game that requires a little bit of strategy and tactic
>>
I've been enjoying the game, but not sure if I like Marrakesh over the previous two maps, the abandoned school just feels really tedious.

While on that subject, anyone know where all the children's paintings are, and if I have to collect them before murdering the general dressed as the headmaster for that one achievement?
>>
File: 1437595386128.png (280 KB, 513x525) Image search: [Google]
1437595386128.png
280 KB, 513x525
>>339857543
I feel like this one is shaping up to be the best of the franchise famalam.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VysWXsuGPHQ
>>
Does the game even have a plot or something?
>>
>>339858437

yes, new cinematics every episode, blood money style, hits are all kinda related i think
>>
>>339853657
This is why they should have just completed the game and released it as a full game. Some of their sales were missed solely because of disregard after hearing it would be episodic.
>>
File: costanza.gif (2 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
costanza.gif
2 MB, 320x180
>people complaining about the fact trial and error is a key part to Hitman

Sorry not every game is "run through corridor then press X to win", consolebabies
>>
>>339858539
Thanks you for the reply.
Have a good weekend.
>>
>>339858297
Jimbo really does make some good stuff some times.
>>
>>339855763
Anyone have any idea? Seems there's less creative ways to kill in general this episode, even with a disguise.
>>
>>339856674
I see a comment like this every Hitman thread. yet there is literally nothing that indicates this is true
>>
>>339859419
Electrify the railing.
>>
>>339858164
I got a feat for them, but I thought you just had to look at them.
>>
>>339860497
Wow, can't believe I missed that. Thanks anon.
>>
>>339861793
You're welcome. I needed some time to notice it. I just thought "why is that thing there, nobody would ever touch it", until it dawned on me that it touches the metal railing. And since you can get there unseen, thanks to the guard always standing in front of the door and never moving, that was my way to go for my SASO-run.
>>
Currently my fav game.
Nothing has been more fun than setting up multiple explosives around the fashion show, taking out most of the guards, then mow down the crowds with machine guns and blow up the ones trying to escape.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.