[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wait a minute that claw...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
File: Dragon_Claw_Door.jpg (212 KB, 1251x769) Image search: [Google]
Dragon_Claw_Door.jpg
212 KB, 1251x769
Wait a minute that claw...
>>
dont even bother, just switch each one twice and it is solved
how do i know this?
because ive restarted so many times to bugs/broken mods.
and im just about to restart again
>>
>>339854396

Nice cuckpost

However I dont recall you getting permission to open your fucking mouth faggot

Dont you EVER fucking post in any of my threads again unless you actually are going to make contributial content
>>
>>339853615
why did they think this puzzle was clever enough to reuse like seven times?
>>
You can really tell that Rivercosy is essentially Todd village.

You enter it, immediately scripted conversations kick off about stuff, you are immediately introduced to the blacksmith, to the village residents, a companion and a grill who wants your fat main character dick when you do the barrows quest.

Nowhere else in the game do you enter somewhere which feels so alive, nor does anyone else lust after you as hard as shopslut.

If all of Skyrim was like riverrun, it'd be pretty okay
>>
>>339854484
k k k kkkkk kkkkiiillll your self
>>
>>339854635

To be fair I didnt figure it out myself, then again there was no indication items could be turned around in your inventory
>>
>>339854484
i fuck your mom
>>
>>339854694
>You can really tell that Rivercosy is essentially Todd village.
small and jewish?
>>
File: 1464246092877.jpg (62 KB, 530x800) Image search: [Google]
1464246092877.jpg
62 KB, 530x800
>>339853615
I used tfc command to look at the claw when you try to insert it.
I had no idea you could rotate in the inventory.
>>
>>339854765
i figured it out way before i realized you could rotate items
biggest puzzle i had to deal with in the game was occasionally finding levers for doors
>>
>>339853615
I don't remember morrowind or oblivion having particularly difficult puzzles. The nightmare quest was just trial and error memory game
>>
>>339855483

Only difficulty in Morrowind is finding the actual place you need to go. I especially remember an instance in Ald Ruhn where I spent over an hour looking for the target before just looking it up on the internet.
>>
>>339854694
whiterun feels more alive to me. you can get like 5 sidequests before you even open the door to dragonsreach.
>>
>>339855939
The game decreases in quality the farther away you get from Whiterun. It's sad because in a decent game Whiterun would be an amazing city. Kinda like Crows Perch in TW3 but comfy
>>
>>339854635
To take advantage of MUH SPINNY INVENTORY I guess.
>>
>>339855483
There was a puzzle (i think it was for the temple) where you had to drown yourself to proceed

that was pretty cool
>>
File: 1446151267806.jpg (87 KB, 582x600) Image search: [Google]
1446151267806.jpg
87 KB, 582x600
>>339854484
>le cuck meme
>>
>>339855483
The main issue is that it's insulting to the player's intelligence.

It would have been better to just fuck the whole thing off and have things automatically open if you put the dragon claw in the door.
>>
>>339857120
There's one in skyrim where you have to jump off a cliff. Probably done by the same guy.
>>
>>339854635
It's hardly a puzzle. It's just a two-stage combination lock with a fancy key.

Given the slow speed of rotating those plates, having more on a stone disk would have been tedious. The 27 or so possible combinations are numerous enough for a video game, especially since the wrong combo would trigger (very inefficient) traps on most combination doors.

>>339857239
Claws were just a flag-raiser to some dungeons, usually requiring you to do a bit of preliminary quest setup stuff first. If you didn't have the claw for a particular dungeon, the local wherever probably has something to do with it.
>>
>>339855939
>>339854694
>go to a city in skyrim
>there are 5 houses
All the towns in Skyrim suck.
>>
>>339853615
I had a normie friend, who unironically asked me how to open this door.
>>
These puzzles are really stupid. They arn't puzzles at all like one anon mentioned they are just big annoying keys. I was done with the game before I knew how these puzzles were supposed to work, I just brute forced them and thought I was missing something in the temple. Usually the only punishment was getting splashed with some arrows or fire, thanks for the armor levels? Like they did such pitiful damage.

Literally why would I EVER inspect my key and spin it around and shit? So I can see it;s retardedly low detail model with poorly mapped textures?

Nothing else in the entire game works like this, and nothing indicates it besides one note dropped by a guy I instantly incinerated thats just like "I think this claw has something to do with the door"

No shit its a fucking key of course it has something to do with the door.
>>
>>339853615
Does anyone else remember how the PC version of this game was bugged for like an entire week at launch so that you couldn't actually rotate items unless you played with a controller?
>>
>>339854484
y-you too, anon...
>>
>>339853615
I just loved those fisher-price puzzles.
>>
File: Someday you'll be smart.jpg (74 KB, 637x627) Image search: [Google]
Someday you'll be smart.jpg
74 KB, 637x627
>>339853615
>tfw spent an hour analyzing the walls in the chamber to find some connection to the animals
>didn't bother analyzing the claw until the third dungeon which required one
>>
>>339858197
The dumb thing about the traps is because health regens at a decent rate and you have a healing spell off the bat (and mana regens quickly), you'll never actually have to worry about your health.

It's probably quicker to walk through the trap and wait for your health to regen than it is to work out the answer to the puzzle.
>>
>>339858197
Don't ever fucking post again unless you're contributing to the thread
>>
>>339854484
Never fucking reply to me again unless you're contributing to the thread.
>>
>>339854484

what the hell are you even going on about
>>
>>339854765
I didn't figure it out for myself because the solution was all over the place before the game even came out
>>
>>339853615

The doors arent meant to keep humans away, but to keep draugr away- That's why they are so simple.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.