[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are they the most prevalent hackers/cheaters in multiplayer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: russian-flag-background.jpg (246 KB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
russian-flag-background.jpg
246 KB, 2560x1600
Why are they the most prevalent hackers/cheaters in multiplayer games? Why are they also the worst offenders in Steam account hijacking?

Can any Russians attest to why this is the case?
>>
>>339851234
Because russians are a people for whom cheating and disregarding the rules is the norm. Not just in games, but in fucking everything. There are no redeeming qualities to these scumbags.
>>
>>339851673
Why? From trying to "get ahead" in the post-Soviet economic Wild West?
>>
>>339851918
butthurt ex commie ignore him
>>
>>339852146
I'm not not saying the Soviet economy was exactly nice and peachy, either.
>>
>>339851673
While this is a mean way to say it, this dude is mostly correct. Some cultures have very little regard for "fair play", especially in semi-competitive things like online video games. It's a generalization, sure, but it's no secret that russia along with china are huge in regards to cheating, hacking, or otherwise disrupting online games for their benefit.
Outside of blatant hacks/cheats, many asian countries have a long history of being totally ok with account sharing and paying others to level/grind/achievements/etc on your account. It just doesn't carry the same taboo that it does for western gamers - for them it's completely normal.
Combine that with no real consequences, especially for russiabros. There is almost no downside for them cheating other than personal regret/shame, which is not in russian dna anyhow.
>>
File: 445038544.png (132 KB, 736x736) Image search: [Google]
445038544.png
132 KB, 736x736
Honor is imaginary thing invented by little bitches, it's not real thing
We play to win and cheat to win, stay asshurt honorfags
>>
slavs are human garbage, but the tradeoff is that they live in a wasteland where nobody is treated as an actual human being
>>
>>339853980
Get out of here Yoba.
>>
>>339853517
Boosting is fairly common in the west as well, only difference is that there is not an open market for it here while it is in the far east.
>>
>>339851234
>Even today, Russians quote the 19th-century satirist Mikhail Saltykov-Shchedrin’s aphorism that “the severity of Russian laws is alleviated by the lack of obligation to fulfil them”.
If something could be done without reprecussions, it will be done.
>>
>>339853980
So youre just bad at the game and need a boost cause youre a fag who cant win at anything?
>>
>>339854223
Russians are not Slavs, they are Finno-Ugric and a threat to every other humble Slav nation.
>>
>>339853980
>we cheat to win
Sorry, Vladdi. I git gud to win.
>>
>>339852969
It wasn't, that's why they collapsed under the weight of the arms race.
>>
in russia if you take things at face value / people at their word, a certain someone somewhere will make off with millions of dollars' worth of food aid

so..
>>
>>339854461
Butthurt belt please.
>>
How many Russian friends do you people have?
>>
A long history of blatant corruption made blatant corruption the norm.
>>
File: 1457421240430.jpg (65 KB, 400x240) Image search: [Google]
1457421240430.jpg
65 KB, 400x240
>>339851234
Ruskie here.
Less than average economic and cultural level, an inherent sense of superiority and desire to show them 'muricans - with some confirmation bias on top. That being said, I try to avoid my fellow comrades in every MMO I play, strongly preferring EU guilds (with US guildmates it's challenging to raid due to the timezone difference).

As with any similar subject, it is far too easy to draw conclusions based on unrepresentative sample, prejudice and internet. Back in the WoW BC everyone was amazed by my English, punctuation and general manners.

Not everyone here is a barbarian, blindly supports local government and ruins online gaming. But it is seemingly obvious I am in the minority.
>>
>>339857937
Хoхoл, пoчeмy eщё нe в кoтлe?
>>
>>339857937
>>339858072
case in point.
>>
>>339851234
is this really vidya related? keep /pol/ shit in /pol/.
>>
>>339851673
This desu. Russians were a nation living in relative freedom even serfs could say "fuck it", run away and become cossacks and shit for nearly a millenia, then a bunch of communist barbarians came and forced them to obey draconian laws, punishing the smallest disobeyance by death or prolonged incarceration.

If enough time had passed, they would break down and turn into North Koreans. But it's been only a few generations, so the only effect achieved was their nation starting to repel all rules and regulations at a subconscious level. Disdain for laws passed down from fathers to sons. A russki knows from his youngest age that it's okay to litter, lie and cheat, and if he gets caught, then it's okay to bribe and lie some more. That's how it works IRL, and that's how it works in internet too.
>>
>>339854756
And yet you lose. Either git gud enough to win even against cheaters or stop whining.
>>
File: KxBqqX8-1024x576.jpg (98 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
KxBqqX8-1024x576.jpg
98 KB, 1024x576
>>339851234
>Why are they the most prevalent hackers/cheaters in multiplayer games? Why are they also the worst offenders in Steam account hijacking?
Are they? Or maybe its just some russian kid just fucked you over in dota and now your butt hurts, so you need to accuse his entire origin and race in cheating and shit like a little cyka you are?
>>
>>339853980
it's impressive how this looks like a filthy slav
>>
>>339854429
>implying murriscum in general have a better skill than even low-ranked rusbros
>>
>>339851234
lowest tier slavs
>>
>>339851234
Japs>Russians>BR>Frenchs>everything else
>>
>>339851234
>cheaters

They can't even compete in sports without cheating. All russian athletes use doping or some drugs to enchance themselves.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.