[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will you finally admit how good it was?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4
File: MistsofPandaria.jpg (145 KB, 1536x960) Image search: [Google]
MistsofPandaria.jpg
145 KB, 1536x960
Will you finally admit how good it was?
>>
No.
It was less shitty than WoD but still a steaming pile of shit nonetheless.
>>
>>339836125
aside from
>KUNG FU PANDA LMAO
can you give actual reasons?
>>
>>339837009
LFR stayed and quickly made other content worthless while rewarding trash players
Dungeons were crap and too easy
Scenarios were a waste of time in a game where healers and tanks exist
>>
>>339835159
Threadly reminder, MoP had the only increase in subs not from a start of expansion burst since the end of BC.
>>
only expansion worse than it was WoD so congratulations for that I guess
>>
>>339835159
It was decent, but it came after Cata so I wouldn't play it even if they made MoP legacy servers.
>>
>>339838745
you forgot BC
>>
>>339838523
>LFR stayed and quickly made other content worthless while rewarding trash players
rewarding trash players with what? welfare epics? So what?
>Dungeons were crap and too easy
wow just like every expansion ever
>Scenarios were a waste of time in a game where healers and tanks exist
now this I can actually agree with, scenarios were stupid.
>>
>>339835159
it was lukewarm to say the least. I like how the made the specs feel more different but i hated how it costed the talent trees which was my favorite part of character building. Some of the zones were aesthetically pleasing to a degree but aside from that it was and feels like a "filler" expansion.
>>
>>339839613
>welfare epics
it gave reputation towards raid equivilent gear and a legendary. Furthermore those "welfare" epics were usually better than higher difficulty pieces that werent of the same name
>like every expansion
except for Cata and TBC, Even WoD had better dungeons than mists. Mists dungeons were the worst we have ever had dungeons
>>
>>339835159
It was the good filler to the shit sandwich that was Cata and WoD. Good raids, good zones and good new lore (though the lore for pre-existing characters was pretty fucked, especially Jaina).

The bad parts was the over-reliance on dailies at the beginning of MoP and the massively dry period after 5.4.

5.2 is one of the best WoW patches hands down.
>>
>>339840353
Dailies were completely fine. Infact a mix of dailies and dungeons should have been what nonraiders spent their time doing

instead if was just LFR LFR LFR
>>
Depends on how low your standards are. I mean, was it better than the rancid turd that was WoD? Sure. But it was worse than Cataclysm, as there was still a lingering population during CATA.

WoW expansions have only gotten worse over time, WotLK was the peak.
>>
>>339840529
>ad populum
you must be a sony fan
>>
>>339840529
>Wrath was the peak
yea rehash a whole tier, dungeon finder, welfare tier

100% great totally
>>
>>339840685
>dungeon finder
>bad
not this meme again holy shit
>>
File: moremoremore.jpg (2 MB, 3351x2154) Image search: [Google]
moremoremore.jpg
2 MB, 3351x2154
>>339835159

The theme was good, the music was good, many of the new additions were good.

The fast leveling, LFR, Dungeon Finder and the lack of dynamic end game content made it awful.
>>
>>339840529
>Population is what matters most to an expacs quality

That's a small factor at best. Cata had the second highest average playerbase after WotLK and everyone agrees that it was a complete shitshow.
>>
BC > Wrath > Vanilla > MoP > Cata > WoD

The end.
>>
>>339840819

Dungeon Finder was the beginning of the end.

>>339840953

It's mainly because people remembered the past and thought to join.

>>339841083

Agreed 100%
>>
>>339841083
BC>Wrath>Vanilla=MoP>>>Cata>>>>>WoD

MoP was the better game than Vanilla but lacked the community feel of Vanilla due to it's shortcomings so they are roughly equal
>>
I liked the zones, but the shitstorm that was Cata didn't set it up for much more than scorn from the playerbase.
>>
>Mists
>good

Boy I sure do love running SoO for a fucking year straight!
>>
>>339841267

MoP severely lacked a solid progression game.

LFR just ruined it and once you got to SoO, it was a big generic hallway which you raided so many times it got mind numbing.

They should have left heroic dungeons as they were in BC, never added LFR.
>>
File: Typical Workday For Gaben.jpg (29 KB, 608x352) Image search: [Google]
Typical Workday For Gaben.jpg
29 KB, 608x352
Can we take a moment to talk about Pandas. No not people who play Pandas but the actual lore Pandaren and how they are the single most unlikable race in any fantasy setting ever.

>Emperor gets a vision of how demons are going to invade the world. he sees all the races banding together to save Azeroth
>SO HE USES TIME MAGIC TO HIDE HIS PEOPLE FROM THE WORLD SO HIS PEOPLE DONT HAVE TO DO THEIR PART IN SAVING AZEROTH
>Which is fine I guess gotta do whats right for your followers yeah?
>But then
>MISTS OF PANDARIA
>Oh so you guys have had generations of war because you actually had the balls to take the fight to your enemies
>LEL DATS JUST PATHETIC RACE WAR ALL OF YOUR CONFLICTS ARE POINTLESS
>YOU WILL NEVER BE WISE AND UNDERSTAND LIKE THE PANDAREN MASTER RACE YOU ARE ALL CHILDREN
>Oh no Garrosh blew up our Sacred Vale because our race is full of sheltered pussies who never had to deal with conflict
>WE LOST A SINGLE VALE THAT IS 200 TIMES WORSE THAN CARINE BEING OFFED, THE HORDE BEING SPLIT IN HALF, AN ENTIRE TOWN GETTING NUKED OR HALF OF THE ALLIANCE CAPTIAL BEING BTFO
>NO PANDAREN HAVE SUFFERED THE MOST BECAUSE THEY LOST ONE FUCKING VALE

Literally, literally, LITERALLY the worst race.
>>
Why do people shit on Cata so much? Firelands was one of the greatest raids ever.
>>
MoP improved on the 'exploration' aspect of the game. The problem was the lore and story wasn't strong enough to keep up with it.
The panda lore and story was so half-baked. It was just appropriated 'Asian' culture.

Also by MoP the community had already gone to shit, and the community is arguably the most important part of an MMO.
I remember as an alliance on the Blackrock server, MoP was around the time we had a 99:1 ratio between horde and alliance. Phased battlegroups didn't really take effect until the tail end of the xpac, and even then it didn't solve all the problems. But Blizz were still charging $12 a pop to have a single character transferred, so they can go fuck themselves.
>>
>>339835159
Yes. Music, reps, visual design, monk and ToT were GOAT. 5.3 was pretty shit though

I miss it
>>
>>339839484
yeah and I also forgot this (You) for you, here you go friend
>>
>>339841670

Firelands was great, but that doesn't make up for the rest of the expac being total shit.

Heroics were great at first too, until all the forum crying made them get nerfed.
>>
>>339841670
Cata raped Shamans and forced me to re roll and its story made absolutely no sense. I hate every bit of it
>>
>>339841654
I seriously hate the pandas in wow, they're fat and dumpy looking and something about their texturing really upsets me, that shitty fur affect, I can just tell someone on the modeling team was a furfag and probably not even in the closet about it
>>
>>339841831
>if he doesnt follow my shit opinion he's trolling
oh look I can do that too here's your (you)
>>
>>339841970
OH MY GO'EL
OH
HE'S SO ANGRY
OH GO'EL
>>
File: 1401995287407.jpg (59 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1401995287407.jpg
59 KB, 640x480
>mfw Legion looks worse and worse
>Retards are buying into it again
>>
>>339841670
Stupid dungeon or raid or w/e where you kill Deathwing by killing slimes on his back and then watching a cutscene where Thrall is mary sue'd by a bunch of dragons who then kill Deathwing for you.
>>
>>339838745
And cata.

Cata was much worse.

WotLK > BC > MoP > Cata > WoD
>>
>>339841654
>>339842026

Panda's are the least of worries and issues with this game.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.