[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does no one take Reaper seriously? Wouldn't you be afraid
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6
File: 350px-Reaper-portrait.png (139 KB, 350x336) Image search: [Google]
350px-Reaper-portrait.png
139 KB, 350x336
Why does no one take Reaper seriously? Wouldn't you be afraid of someone dressed like that?
>>
its nothing personnel kid...
>>
He would be well loved if he was released in the late 90s. But modern players label anything cool as 'edgy' and distance themselves from it
>>
>>339833053
>OVERTIME
>...
>DIE DIE DIE
>>
I would probably be afraid of anyone pointing two shotguns in my direction,
>>
File: how do I counter a stove lul.webm (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
how do I counter a stove lul.webm
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>339833053
Robots cannot be afraid
>>
>>339833053
>>339833368
its a cliche "le i am killer edgelord with a skull mask and all black outfit and 2 gunz"

you have to be an edgelord yourself or younger to find his aesthetic appealing, that being said he's decently designed and good in-game
>>
>>339833570
>Only edgelords like villain characters!!!

Case and point. I bet you think Darth Vader and Doctor Doom are cringy edgelords too
>>
>>339833647
Vader and Doom don't have skull masks that look inspired by Scream, and he is an edgelord mostly because of the things he says.

Look, I don't even dislike Reaper. He's so unapologetically far down the edgelord tunnel it's actually sort of charming. But you're absolutely retarded to deny he's edgy. The term may be overused but it's not here.
>>
>>339833647
Reaper is literally an edgelord, you cunt.

>Can never truly die or some bullshit because of nanomachines
>Forever in pain
>Skeleton mask
>All black outfit
>Goes all over the world killing his former comrades and generally being edgy
>Leads a group of killers who go from "le so dark and deep" to "killing people, lel"
>DIE DIE DIE
>Names himself reaper

Nigga, c'mon.
>>
>>339833053
A man who's always angry and has a cow skull taped to his face. Sorry, I just can't take them seriously.
>>
>>339833053
I for one hope they keep up the Omnic - anti-Omnic SJW v Edgelord thing they have going on, would be cool with more omnics and edgey banter in-game
>>
>>339833053
It's because dark and edgy is seen as a child or young teen's idea of mature.
>>
If you woke up from being dead one day in a constant state of decay and regeneration with ghost powers and a hunger souls, you'd turn a little bit edgy too.
>>
>>339833053
Would someone who's not a joke have an idea finite amount of shotguns to throw on the ground? He doesn't even try to reload them with the 4 ammo belts that he is wearing. He drops his guns right on the ground with his creepy claws and whips out more from an impossible space in his matrix-style trenchcoat.

>Gee Reaper, Blackwatch let you have TWO shotguns?

>DIE DIE DIE
>>
>>339833875
>>339833964
Thats for proving my point, its a double standard modern kiddos enforce for the sake of upholding a sense of """""maturity""""". he is literally, LITERALLY an avengers-like comic book villain and you're whining because he's a villain.
>>
Reaper is tolerable because nobody takes him seriously
>>
>>339833875
>He's so unapologetically far down the edgelord tunnel it's actually sort of charming.
This here anon gets the point.

For a edgy character to even try to be serious it has to be in a setting that takes the characters's edge seriously. Reaper on the other hand is super edgy stereotype, in silly pulp world with robot monks and scientist apes.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (433 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
433 KB, 1920x1080
>>339833053

pssh... no es intimo...cholo... *salsas behind you* AY!YAI!YAI!... *starts dancing around sombrero* heh...es no problemo... *shakes maracas into the sunset on el burro*
>>
>>339834460

I kek'ed at mcree's dialog making fun of him for that
>>
>>339833368
Considering how everyone in the game doesn't take him seriously either, the devs think the same.
>>
REPLY REPLY REPLY
>>
>>339834480
What the actual fuck are you even on about? He's not meant to be taken seriously. There's tons of dialog in the game that takes the piss out of him.
>>
>>339833491
nice filename
>>
File: Optimus Prime Sighs.png (217 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
Optimus Prime Sighs.png
217 KB, 480x360
>>339834781
>takes the piss out of him.

The fuck does that even mean?
>>
*teleports behind you*
Pssh, nuthin personal..kid....
*cuts you in half with energy katana*
btw....I ate ur Cheerios, Cmdr Shepard
*fades away into the shadows while laughing deviously*
>>
>>339834961
https://encrypted.google.com/search?hl=en&q=takes%20the%20piss%20out%20of%20him
Hope that helped kid!
>>
>>339835083
>First link is urban dictionary
>Calls other people kid while using millennial slang

Sure man, whatever.
>>
>>339835203
>Can only look at the first link
>Doesn't understand common phrases
>Not a kid
That's pretty embarrassing. Are you from the third world at least, or do you have no excuse?
>>
>>339835364
>Literally never in my life heard 'take the piss' before
>"Common phrase"

Do you live in some shitty third world country or something?
>>
>>339833053
he's a sattire on edgelords
>*teleports behind you*
>spooky wraith form
>uses enemy souls as medkits
>dual wield shotguns with the word repent on them
>throws them away when they're out of ammo and materializes new ones
>edgey dialogue and voice
>"""tragic""" backstory
>black and red
there is no way you can take him seriously without being an edgey kid or an offended soccer mom.
>>
>>339835519
If it's common enough to be in dictionaries, and you haven't ever heard of it, it probably says more about your environment than the environment it is common in.
>>
Why does everyone bully the edgy characters.
They're my favourites.
>>
Mccree and Soldier 76 take him seriously
>>
>>339833053
Well IRL I'd be terrified of a wierdo dual wielding shotguns regardless of what he's wearing
>>
File: latest[1].png (2 MB, 1121x1216) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
2 MB, 1121x1216
Why is he so based /v/ros?
>>
>>339833053
Is he cosplaying as death from Darksiders 2?
>>
Because he is supposed to be edgy.
Few characters in the game take him seriously, the others openly mock him
>>
>>339833053
Impossible to take him seriously.
Unless you're talking from a gameplay perspective. I've been trashed on by flanking reapers more than i'd like to admit.
>>
File: 1391819775756.jpg (113 KB, 1152x864) Image search: [Google]
1391819775756.jpg
113 KB, 1152x864
>>339835631
How badly do you get bullied, Anon?
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.