[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
OY VEY
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: paradox.png (20 KB, 647x157) Image search: [Google]
paradox.png
20 KB, 647x157
OY VEY
>>
>>339830485
nice
>>
Does he even have to legally comply?

I can't imagine the devs have copyright over statistical info of who is playing the game
>>
>>339831025
Valve doesn't release this information. Valve could take SteamSpy down if they wanted but they choose not to. When the guy tried to make people pay for certain types of information Valve quickly shut him down and said that he can only keep it up if all information is available to anyone.

So yea, if a developer requests it they should be able to have it removed otherwise Valve will probably attempt to shut him down for good.
>>
>>339830790

why is it nice? pray tell
>>
>>339831404
because this guesstimate website is hurting developers
>>
Bat Rats was removed too ages ago. I really wanted to know how much it had sold.
>>
off the steamspy list
on the pirate list
>>
>>339830485
why would they request that?
>>
>>339831687
They are seeking to raise venture capital and this might get in the way of them bullshitting potential investors.
>>
so they basically admitted they are a shit company that is unable to stand on its own then?
>>
>>339831517

how?
>>
>>339831561
I remember it having 500,000 copies sold before they made it private an year ago
>>
>>339831895

they are Swedish, as in Sweden.

that should tell you everything if the amount of DLCs don't.
>>
Steam Spy only guesstimates, anyway. The computer algorithm can't look at games owned by Users who have Private profiles. It can be manipulated by certain events, like when games do Free Play weekends, and it sets the numbers completely whack.

I imagine some businesses would want to clamp down on it. Data = Money. The fact Steam Spy guy was trying to sell it in the first place should've had Valve just shut him the fuck down right then.
>but i deserve to make money stealing people's information and selling it -t. Zuckerberg
>>
>>339832770

let's be honest.

very few people put their Steam profile on private.

and those are just celebrities or paranoid fucktards.
>>
Better hiding the fact Overwatch and GOG are driving away players from Steam.
>>
>>339832770
He wasn't paywalling the data. He was offering extra tools for a subscription.
>>
>>339833118
>GOG
>doing shit
>>
>>339833375
Classic "winning without doing anything".
>>
>>339831216

Actually no. He doesn't HAVE to take anything down because he is sharing information readily available for anyone, he just compiles the numbers for a easy read.

He complies due to respect and the fact that if he denied that, he could then have some troubles.

The numbers are still on steam, just not on steam spy.
>>
>>339830485
Can someone explain what this means? Steam Spy tracks user amounts for games, right? So if Paradox Games is removed from Steam Spy, Paradox is hiding something? But what tho
>>
File: Paradox.png (4 KB, 639x64) Image search: [Google]
Paradox.png
4 KB, 639x64
>>339835856
>>339831817
>>
What's the difference between Steam Spy and Steam Charts?
>>
>>339836450
Steam Spy shows projected owned copies of games through user profile scanning.
>>
They tried to develop two games at a time and one of them, being Stellaris - while moderately successful for a Paradox game - got mediocre reviews as it was an unfinished and badly designed mess, leading to disappointed customers who are more cautious when buying anything from theim in the future.
Meanwhile they burned through a lot of financial resources, bought White Wolf, a company that doesn't operatate within their main business sector and doesn't complement their portfolio either, have an IPO in hopes to generate some cash in their financially starved PC gaming industry and as reaction to his probably pulled sales estimates to easier lie to investors. Modern Paradox also resorts to all the shady business practices like review embargoes, supplying press copies to paid amateur shills (aka. youtubers/streamers), pre-order DLC and geoblocking.

They once were the underdog studio making interesting games for history nerds and now try to play it tough and act like they're in the big leagues. I presume that is not going to work out for them but I said the same about their awful DLC practices and now they are universally accepted and an industry standard, thanks to dumb consumers who buy every shit instead of voting with their wallet.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.