[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Hard Reset good? The definitive edition is 85% off if you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3
File: header[1].jpg (31 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header[1].jpg
31 KB, 460x215
Is Hard Reset good?

The definitive edition is 85% off if you own the original or Shadow warrior
>>
>>339820671
Redux is just original + new features ported over from Shadow Warrior
They added Cyberkatana that works like the katana from Shadow Warrior, sprint and dodge from Shadow Warrior, new enemy type specially made for getting more enjoyment out of the katana, flashlight and manual saving.

That's all it improves upon the original Hard Reset.
Graphics are completely untouched.
>>
>>339820671
Do you like Serious Sam? Answer to this question will be an answer to your question.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOHNo2sa9-Y
No.
>>
>>339822542
Why would they downgrade it to the point that a good PC gets 400fps on presumably max settings?
>>
>>339822856
>Why would they downgrade it
Going to go with the usual answer: Consoles
>>
>>339820671
yes
looks good, feels good, runs good.
if you like to blow stuff up then the game is for you. there isn't much depth to it but 8 hour so hours for 2 bucks is good value
>>
>>339820671
Im that guy that never finishes video games.

I played Hard Reset up to maybe 60% through the story and I really enjoyed it, it's not your simple shooter, I actually died quite a lot of times
>>
Quite a hard game if you upgrade the wrong stuff.
It's action packed with explosive stuff to blow so it's fun, however the running mechanic is horrendous.

If you play it on Hard or above, expect to die a lot, and there are checkpoints only, so beware.
>>
>>339820671
Yes
Its a modern version of Quake 2
>>
>>339822856
>>339822542
Jesus, it's an entire mip-map level down on the original, is there a fix coming? I want to cyber-katanize humanoid enemies in a cyberpunk dystopia, but this looks stripped out.
Considering it's probably for consoles, all the 'streamlining', have some concerns over the balancing for the new shit, looks like it might be too easy.
>>
>>339820671
Why does it specify 'nudity' in the ESRB rating?
Don't recall any in the original.
Unless it's the poster art in the environment, but there was no actual nudity.
>>
File: difficulty.jpg (16 KB, 636x118) Image search: [Google]
difficulty.jpg
16 KB, 636x118
>>339826228
Welp
>>
>>339820671
It's a bit of a mixed bag.

On one hand the game looks great, and I really like the idea of guns having 5 firing modes each.

On the other, the shooting doesn't feel great, enemies are huge bullet sponges and you move slower than you'd like in a game like this.

I'd say it's a decent 6/10. Not amazing, but you could do worse.

Also the discount was pretty generous of them, unlike SOME OTHER ASSHOLES cough*Deathinitive Edition*cough
>>
File: 2015-08-17_00003.jpg (291 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2015-08-17_00003.jpg
291 KB, 1920x1080
>>339827512
This maybe?
>>
>>339820984
>sprint and dodge from Shadow Warrior
Fuckin' dropped. That jerky movement made me want to vomit and it's all I ever used to move in SW since the movement speed was sluggish even after all the speed upgrades.
>>
>>339823762
pretty much this
>>
>single button for dash and sprint
>can't start running without dashing first
Wow, it's a gamepad trash.
>>
>>339827847
Oh no, a naked robot.
I see no nips or genitalia.
>>
>>339828520
Hey man that's not funny
I knew a friend once that saw robot nipples and then got his dick stuck in a vacuum cleaner.
Robot nudity kills people!
>>
>>339820984
Graphics are a texture downgrade, physics particles nearly removed completely, many post proc effects are removed, 'completely untouched' is wholly incorrect.
>>339828481
>>339827980
Must be a wholly new character, the original guy was an alcoholic old soldier that struggled to shuffle at a decent rate. Will be waiting for a fix/patch/update on all this shit.
Captcha is fixating on store fronts, are we supplying the AI with locations of human supply chains?
>>
>>339828896
>are we supplying the AI with locations of human supply chains
No you're giving Google detailed information they shouldn't own about someone's business and/or home that they will now use for financial gain without actually getting anyone's consent. Fuck Google.
>>
>>339829039
Yeah, I preferred thinking it was Skynet or something. The reality is more boring, depressing and shitty. Google are supposed to be the "good guys".
Sarcasm. Lowest for of wit. But seriously, they're approaching the absolute power threshold, and what does that result in?
>>
>>339820671
>Is Hard Reset good?
It's average. I did not find it satisfying to play.
>>
Graphics are a significant downgrade. So keep that in mind.
>>
>Shadow Warrior 2 got canceled for this
>>
>>339829850
Source?
Bethesda didn't buy them out, so I doubt it.
>>
>>339829850
Nice bait nigger.
>>
I hat how you can't avoid ranged enemies attack. They should shoot something that you can dodge because game turns into cover shoter whenever you fight them.
>>
Katana is useless shit. The entire game was about shooting enemies before they can reach and hurt you. They do too much damage in meelee and some of them explode on death. It's just a shitty excuse to sell you a 4 year old game for the second time, not something you will be actually using.
>>
>>339829850
Isn't sw2 going to be procedurally generated shit?
>>
Speaking of redux versions which versions of the Metro games are better?
>>
>>339830258
>you can't avoid ranged enemies attack

Welcome to modern FPS games.

The only ones that avoid this are the new Doom and I guess Serious Sam 3 to an extent.
>>
>>339830394
This, they should've redone the rangeed combat instead of adding shadow warrior melee and called it a day.
>>
>>339830702
If it was marketed as a modern FPS I wouldn't even buy it. As far as I remember HR was supposed to be a classic run'n'gun game, so having enemies with almost undodgable ranged attack is a weird decision.
>>
>>339830580
LL Redux is better, but it doesn't differ much from the original release. If you already played the original, skip redux.
2033 is a tough one. Some changes from redux are better, some are worse. Stealth was revamped to match LL, and is piss-easy in redux. Some of the characters and lighting in some places look better in the original. I'd stick with redux too.
>>
>>339829850

I wish
>>
I liked it but I'm not willing to spent $2 on it again
>>
As someone who loves serious sam, and the new shadow warrior...no. I hated it. I really regret trying it for longer than two hours so that I couldn't refund it. I don't even really have any particular reasoning either, it just isn't fun and doesn't feel good to me.
>>
>>339822542
>>339827686
the fuck is wrong with them
I mean really, game seems worse.
Shadow Warrior was ok, but focusing on fucking idiotic coop and generated maps on 2nd is complete bullshit
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.