[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello \v\, I got memed into buying Dark Souls. While it is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 205
Thread images: 33
File: My abuser.jpg (279 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
My abuser.jpg
279 KB, 1920x1080
Hello \v\,

I got memed into buying Dark Souls. While it is fun and killing a boss is really rewarding, I don't think I'm good enough to beat the game.

I struggled with the Crystal Sage, (something like 20 deaths) but eventually slew him.

I am now at the Abyss Watchers and they are literally taking turns buttfucking my corpse.

Anyways, my question is, if I do git gud enough to take down these fucks, how hard is the rest of the game in comparison? Should I just give up now and go back to playing WoW?

I'm literally in tears atm
>>
>>339816042
The rest of the bosses are harder. Just give up.
>>
Summon a phantom, dorkmo.
>>
File: walk away.png (192 KB, 501x445) Image search: [Google]
walk away.png
192 KB, 501x445
>>339816245

I'd rather not basically use cheat codes to win, I'd rather lose on my own then be carried, dorkmosaurus
>>
>>339816042
Tryhard 2: Try Harder
>>
File: 1458926536808.jpg (70 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
1458926536808.jpg
70 KB, 720x960
>>339816245
Don't listen to this fag. You'll never get good at video games if you do this. Dark Souls isn't even a hard game, but if you give in to the casual trap you'll never be able to play games of greater difficulty.
>>
>>339816323
>cheat codes
Phantoms are a feature of the game for a reason. Dont let people meme you into forcing to play the game by yourself.
>>
>>339816432
>>339816323
Don't listen to this sucker. Phantoms trivialize the whole game, making it pointless.

Good on you OP for not giving up and trying to get good and overcome the challenges.

The game will get a bit harder later with a few bosses but it's not a gigantic step up, I believe in you.
>>
>>339816042
What fighting style, strategies, weaponry, armor, spells, and stats are you using?
>>
>>339816323
Your memeing again. The bosses get buffed when you summon someone, and you're obviously too shit to do it yourself
>>
>\v\
Stopped there. Too obvious.
>>
Guess this is the dark souls thread then.

Any advice other than git gud for a dex build? At the high wall of Lothric bonfire atm. Have the Estes ring and soul ring with the uchigatana.
>>
>>339816654
U so smart
>>
File: 1463193914293.jpg (114 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
1463193914293.jpg
114 KB, 500x750
>>339816573

I'm playing a knight, using Irithyll Straight Sword, mostly strength and vigor (just enough dex to be able to use the sword appropriately).

Spells are for faggots so I don't use them
>>
>>339816585
>Meager health increase per extra phantom
>The boss can only focus one player whilst every other player is cockslapping him in the jaw, negating that health increase entirely
>>
>>339816695
Estus* fucking english
>>
Summoning is fine if you just want to get through the game, but it's stripping you of the chance to "git gud". That's why so many people are against the type that refuse to succeed solo after failing, and just run to summons. I know a few people that have never finished the game doing every, or even half, the bosses solo, and they're still bad.
Either accept that you're going to fail a lot, and keep pushing through, or just stop playing until you really want to go back. Or you could always replay the early part, a segment you're familiar with, until you feel more comfortable with progressing.
>>
I beat das2 today. If I can, anyone can.
>>
>>339816042
You won't get good at the game by not practicing. If you've never played a game in the style of Souls before focus on training yourself to spot the weaknesses in bosses and knowing when to exploit them. You'll die a lot but that's half the fucking point. PvP is similar; most people will use dark sword/katana run spam and you can learn how to counter this.
>>
>>339816735
Have you tried attacking them? You stun them out of the attack animation most the time. You just can't mash the attack button like some dork sword retard cos they'll poise throught the 3rd or so attack
>>
>>339816695
Dex builds using pretty much anything other than a whip or a dagger have it easy. What in particular are you struggling with?
>>
>>339816042
They were the most difficult for me, even had a little trouble with Crystal Sage, I suspect you just have low health.
Top 5 difficult bosses for me (I've done every boss)
1. Abyss Watchers
2. Soul of Cinder
3. Champion Gundyr
4. Nameless King
5. Aldrich
>>
>>339817227
Longevity. I can kill most things but I run out of flasks before I can make it to the next bonfire. Haven't even found it yet.
>>
>>339816735
I would advise against the Irithyll Straight Sword. Pretty much every other straight sword is better early on. You should have enough for a +3 weapon at that point, and a raw gem. You should also be able to buy, or already have, up to 5 lightning bundles to buff your weapon. I'd suggest using them during this fight.

In the first phase, stunlock him with two to three hits, then time dodges while getting full stamina. At that point, repeat the stunlock. When the second one appears, just focus on dodging. The third will distract one, usually the main Watcher. This is usually a good time to backstab him, or just to repeat the earlier technique. The second stage is all about baiting. Keep a distance, and he'll launch at you with his blade in the ground, sending fire along one side. Roll backwards (the way he goes), and to the side opposite the fire. You'll have a chance to get a couple of hits in to repeat that.
>>
Whack the very first one freely, he gets staggered from everything.
When the second one comes, start avoiding them and dodging. Wait for the third one.
The third one appears and instantly starts attacking his mates. Now is your chance to aggro the main one again.
>>
About to replay das1, should I go pyro or miracles this time? Last time was strength, das2 was dex
>>
File: 1464685146303.png (680 KB, 700x788) Image search: [Google]
1464685146303.png
680 KB, 700x788
>>339816323
This nigger right here. Good on you man.
>>
>>339816042
Notice that the third second watcher fights alongside you. It's possible to finish the first part of the fight just running away.

Also, if you really need an easy mode, equip a small shield and learn to parry them.

>how hard is the rest of the game in comparison?
There are like two or three bosses harder than them, but it really depends on the player. I killed the Princes on my first try, but Sully, Dancer and Nameless rekt me hard.
>>
>>339817856
>third second
I meant the third who is the second to appear. Both 2 and 3 respawn by the way.
>>
>>339816323
Meh, if a videogame gets to where you cry or flip out and take it too serious, you have to stop and remind its just a game. You get literally NOTHING for doing it solo. This speech, is also really nicely adjustable for the Souls Fanbase: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b56N17d4WnM
>>
Fighting the abyss watchers is just like fighting another player, they flinch just like players do.

Hell you might even start to think they don't have poise enabled on them either, but the second form of the fight this is definitely not the case.

You need to watch attack patterns and always get a couple hits in when there's an opening, but make sure you've got at least a tiny bit of stamina left so you can roll away.
>>
File: u afreid casul.png (444 KB, 492x634) Image search: [Google]
u afreid casul.png
444 KB, 492x634
Dark souls 3 was my first souls gameI ever bought and I've since made it to NG+2 without severe difficulty issues (the most I died to a boss was Pontiff Sulyvahn, 7 times). I don't think that you should give up and while I'm not really in the position to offer you any game advice I can tell you that Watchers are the mid point. Dark Souls begins to get very very hard from here on out as it expects you have a fair enough grasp of the mechanics.
The some of the hardest bosses and areas in the game are coming (excluding Wolnir and Yhorm), and if you are being raped by the watchers I can guarantee Sulyvahn is going to wipe the fucking floor with you, as is Champion G.
I know it's a meme response and it will take some time, but with enough ass raping you will git gud.
You know what was the first reply I got, when I posted in a DaS3 thread asking if I should buy the game?
>"You'll die 1000 times and then you'll quit or git good, It's entirely up to you what you do then"
You can do it bud.
>>
>>339817484
Make sure you swap the blue flask for a normal healing one with the blacksmith at Firelink Shrine if you haven't already. The second bonfire is fairly close to the first. Down the stairs closest to the bonfire you're at, target the enemy with the lamp coming up the stairs at the far end, and kill it before it screams, down the ladder in that room, through the pathway to the right by the staircase with the drake atop, past the lothric knight, in to the only open doorway there, to the right on the first floor, up the staircase.
Just make sure to explore when you get the chance, and take any estus shards you find to the blacksmith to increase your overall flask uses.
>>
Have you upgraded your estus and the number of estus you can carry?
Have you upgraded your weapon?
Have you properly leveled up?

If all done above then it shouldn't be hard, I noticed that some new players aren't aware some of these things and that's why they suck
Also you can use an NPC summon there which is not that much of a cheat, Black Hand Gotthard and Sirris too I think

As for Abyss Watchers, try to reduce their numbers to 1 (its not hard) then just try baiting backstabs

Good luck!
>>
>>339817998
As somebody that dislikes speedrunning, and finds it boring, I disagree. He's just self-loathing.
>>
>>339816042

I needed 2 days (around 20 deaths) for that armor asshole because it seems like he can delay his moves. just git gudder and enjoy while that shit lasts, if you do so it will last a lot longer than you may expect and that is a rare occurence in the todays society.
>>
>>339816042

Sage and Watchers are literally the two easiest in the game (which you fight straight up without gimmicks).

So, you know what to do.
>>
>>339816323
Don't give up! This is the best way!
>>
>>339816735
When the second one shows up you can try just dodging for a bit until the 3rd is there. Once the 3rd one is there he will distract one of the two. Only one of the watchers actually actually counts for the health bar so try to focus any attacks on that one and dodge the others.
>>
>>339816042
>Struggling with the crystal sage
Anon, that's literally the easiest boss in the game

Just give up
>>
>>339816042
Easiest boss, just return the game already.
>>
Just get 25 in vig and 40/40 str/dex, rush reinforcing claymore and win ez mode

you dont even have to git gud for this build u just have to not be an idiot
>>
>>339816042
Have you picked up ANY estus shards or undead bone shards?
>>
Keep going skeleton

This boss is a huge difficulty spike for most people, but after that it goes back to being lacklustre then back to difficult ( pontiff, dancer, the CHAMP , twins and the soul of cinder. )
Just wack the first one as much as you can then wait till a third one spawns in, then go for back stabs
>>
>>339816042
Dark Souls 3 might not be the best game to start with as it's difficulty is aimed at players who played the predecessors.

That said, you'll eventually get better at it but if you don't have any fun doing so, what's the point?

And don't listen to people who say you suck and the games are easy.
Those people are either tryhards grasping for e-cred or players who've been playing these games for hundreds of hours.

Pro-tip: These games weren't designed for people who play them 24/7 and religeously study guides and wikis.

They aren't the holy grail of difficulty by any means but they are harder than most modern games and of course they feel trivial when you devote your whole life to them.
>>
>>339820146
I have 7 estus charges, have undead bones but never used, what do they do lol
>>
File: 1461051025872.jpg (36 KB, 624x84) Image search: [Google]
1461051025872.jpg
36 KB, 624x84
>>339816042
>struggled with the Crystal Sage, (something like 20 deaths)

Just crack open the bleach now.
>>
>>339820797
They make your Estus heal more. Burn them in the Firelink Shrine bonfire to upgrade the Estus Flasks.
>>
>>339820981
Cyrstal Sage can be pretty annoying if you're not some faggot using fast weapons. You can stunlock him to death easily with quick weapons but good luck doing that with a greataxe
>>
>>339820981
O..okay....
>>
>>339816042
These niggers are harder than people say. The only reason anyone would think they're easy is because they leveled up way more than they needed. It's a tough fight if you're only SL 20-30.
>>
>>339821925
I think im 32lol
>>
>>339822421
The 2nd phase has a pattern where you need to stay in close enough for him to start doing his big combo. You then have to roll enough to not get slammed by this final jump and then go in for a coupe heavy swings.

Depending on your weap you can stagger him, but usually I'd only go for 1-2 swings. I also never used a shield.
>>
It takes a while to learn timing your rolls but once you get it you'll be breezing through the game, just keep at it
>>
>>339816042
There's no being "good enough" at this piece of shit series. You just have to stop acting like a complete retard and stop button mashing.
>>
>>339816042

I'm gonna be honest with you

Abyss Watchers are like barely mid tier when it comes to DaS 3 bosses in terms of difficulty

theres at least like 5 bosses after them that are way harder
>>
>>339821925
No it's not
>>
>>339821203
I disagree, I'm using an autistic build of literally pure health and strength and no shield, only great axe, and I raped his ass so hard the pink sock wrapped around my nuts
>>
1st phase: dude he fights himself lmao. At the start of the fight, dodge the initial charge and get a few hits in, try a backstab. Once the second watcher joins the fight, keep them both on your screen and just kite them around until the edgy one arrives and draws their attention. Fish for backstabs and cheap shots while they're fighting each other.

2nd phase: keep your distance and bait his charges. If he does the attack where he drags the sword in a straight line, roll towards him on his off-hand side so you don't get caught into the delayed flames and whack him, then gtfo. If he sweeps the sword in an arc, you'll have to dodge two more hits. The last one is a jump, roll towards him so you end up behind him and punish then gtfo. Repeat until ded.

Every boss has certain patterns and weak moments that allow you to get free hits. Learn to observe and just allow the boss to leave himself vulnerable. You're gonna need it because there are several bosses later in the game that shit all over this one.
>>
>>339823691
Speaking of, OP, I have some advice. Join the ranks of the barbarian. Two hand a greataxe, blow up your health, stamina, and strength. Learn your swing timing and when your super poise activates during attacks, and how to dodge. Then master-bait to all the cry fags who eat shit with their baby penis swords
>>
>>339824314
I have been putting points in strength and vigor, the best axe i have is the machete.

Feels too slow and not strong enough to justify the loss in speed.
>>
>>339816323
By using that logic, using any attack is considering cheating. Dodge mechanic is cheating, any walking or running is also cheating. If you can beat the boss via telepathy you might as well uninstall the game.
>>
>>339825993
Cheater sounds triggered lol :)
>>
>>339816042
you're having difficulty with two of the easiest bosses in the game.

learn how to dodge or parry.
>>
File: literally impossible.jpg (45 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
literally impossible.jpg
45 KB, 600x400
>>339816042

why is artificial difficulty still allowed to exist in this day and age? i taught that we're over this. it just psses me off that by making a boss impossibly hard you can call it good gameplay smfh
>>
>>339816042

protip : if any boss seems unreasonably difficult try changing your equipment
>>
>>339816042
Don't give up skeleton.
Different people struggle with different bosses.
Just make sure your weapon is +3 and your flask is maxed out.
Spam attack on the boss until your stamina is almost gone, then back off and let it recharge.
Also, Irith sword is shitty. Try Longsword.

You sound like you know what you're doing, mostly. You also sound invested enough into the game but want an excuse to quit.

It certainly does NOT get harder than this boss, because after this boss you get to advance your character much much more.
>>
>>339826768
>Summon two offline ghosts
>Beat him on my first try
lmao ez
>>
File: small_leather_shield.png (7 KB, 102x115) Image search: [Google]
small_leather_shield.png
7 KB, 102x115
>>339826768
>>
>>339826768
>wear loincloth
>use greataxe
>game becomes barbarian wood chopping simulator 2016
Pontiff was the easiest tree to fell
>>
>>339826768

beat him at level 60 git gud
>>
>>339816042
Play ds1 w/o humanity (online). That's what I did and that's how I got good. Now I just love the game for its multiplayer. They just need to fix the broken as fuck servers. The combat and play styles are what make ds. And ds3 really broadens those horizons.
>>
>>339816042
>dying to crystal sage
Dark souls 3 was my first souls game and I beat the crystal sage first try.
>>
>>339827891
Is that supposed to be low level for the area?
>>
File: 1463965031970.png (503 KB, 604x437) Image search: [Google]
1463965031970.png
503 KB, 604x437
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQbVNi6zeZo
>>
>>339816323
You can summon NPC ones who will not do much damage but get they get their ass kicked by the Boss which gives you some time to breath and heal.
>>
>>339816735
If you're using that sword, get a bit more Dex since it's more Dex based. Always try to be improving what your weapon scales with. Also with that sword, it works better with a shield that allows you to use its stance and also to keep your equip loaf under 70% for that quicker combat style. Don't be afraid to two hand often and get that extra damage. Rolling is key in this game.
Get a decent amount of vital and endurance, those are just given. Then put a lot into luck so you're really capping that frostbite.
>>
>>339826768
>>339826768
Pontiff is easy, the only hard bosses in the game is twin Princes and the Nameless king, both have decent mechanics to beat them.
>>
File: 1443889383891.jpg (250 KB, 883x341) Image search: [Google]
1443889383891.jpg
250 KB, 883x341
>>339828414
Oh look, its that guy.
>>
>>339828486
But it is true, I use the regular halberd and a shield, most bosses do very little damage to me.
Currently in NG+ and only a few hours I have beat deacons and abyss watchers.

Shields are OP.
Though I will admit the Nameless king was luck and the lothric I died about 30 times.
>>
>>339827891
You're suppoesed to be lvl50 at Soul of Cinder lmao
>>
>>339826768
I'd hardly call Pontiff Sulyvahn impossibly difficult, most of his attacks are reasonably telegraphed and easy to dodge and you can also pretty clearly see when he's about to go in for the wombo combo. Also, when he summons the clone he's practically asking to get rekt while he stands there, and if all else fails fighting him on the stairs in his boss arena causes half of his attacks to completely miss.
>>
>read on here how much ass siegmeyer kicks against yhorm
>finally get to the fight last night
>he gets fucking rekt in the time it takes me to open my inventory to equip the sword
Did I get rused or did something weird happen
>>
>>339816042
They're the first really challenging boss
>>
>>339828737
You must have gotten unlucky, Sieg just casually shrekt Yhorm for me while I was fumbling around trying to equip and then figure out how the gimmick sword works.
>>
>>339828737
>>339828957
I was very disappointing with Yhorm, he looked cool in the trailers but Sieg rapes him and if you uses the same sword as sieg, the storm caller or something that is available to pick up in the room it does insane damage to him.
Sieg was doing 2k damage to him and Yhrom hits like those other giants in the game, you can just stay around his feet.
>>
>>339828737
You got really unlucky with Yhorm comboing Sieg right off the start.
In my game Sieg basically soloed the boss while I kept poking his knees for 40-100 damage each, I didn't even realize why he suddenly lost health chunks for 4k every once in a while until the fight was over.

Wish I never did his questline, completely trivialized the boss.
>>
File: 1453072568598.jpg (8 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1453072568598.jpg
8 KB, 225x225
>>339817475
>NAMELESS CUNT NOT AT 1
>>
>>339829174
Yeah, I'm mad about it too. He's really cool as a character, but one of the weakest fights in the game.
>>
Hardest bosses:
>Nameless King
>Champion Gundyr
>Abyss Watchers

rest was kinda easy. I cannot imagine how people could struggle with Aldritch or the Twin Princes for more than 5-6 tries.
>>
>>339829926
Champion Fundyr was a legitimately a great and surprising boss fight I enjoyed it
>>
>>339817475
>Champion Gundyr
I have never understood this and it is not the first time I have seen this.
I am shit at this game but I beat him twice on the first try.
>>
File: 20160601181911_1.jpg (222 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160601181911_1.jpg
222 KB, 1920x1080
>>339828414
>>339828486
it still amazes me how radically different people's opinions are when it comes to which boss is the hardest
i beat Princes and NK on my second tries on this run but Crystal Sage took me hours and Oceiros was the most difficult boss of the run
>>
>>339830190
It's a fucking great boss, family member. No gimmicks, no tricks, no clones, no gay magic, no bullshit, just 1v1 fite me fgt against a worthy opponent.
>>
File: 9.jpg (515 KB, 1599x896) Image search: [Google]
9.jpg
515 KB, 1599x896
I've been stuck on the prince for a while. My character is squishy because no armor and I'm capped at level 80. I feel like I'd be able to do it if I pump myself to 120 but I'm trying to avoid that
>>
>>339830383
>Oceiros
Really? He can't hit for shit.
>>
>>339830302
And here you learn in horror that different people have different problems with different bosses. I don't think I ever died to the Artorias Fanboy Legion, but Aldrich kept kicking my ass for 10 times straight until I somehow managed to beat him with a silver of my HP left.
>>
>>339829926
Im a bit puzzled how a caster fights aldrich because staying at range and getting a spell off does not seem likely, especially during phase 2
>>
>>339830443
ESPECIALLY WHEN HE GOES INTO THE SECOND MODE AND JUST FUCKING RAMS YOUR TIGHT LITTLE ASSHOLE
>>
>>339816042
Why don't you just get embers and summon people? Or grind some souls and level up more? Difficulty in dark souls is 100% optional
>>
>>339826768
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruEKE4aajgA
>>
>>339830540
Aldritch is tough though, his arrows are fucking painful and that ranged spell.
Fuck Aldritch.

Though yeah I understand people find differnt bosses hard. I know some people who struggled with some bosses in bloodborne like Gehrnam and Maria but any boss who can be parried in that game was a cake walk.
>>
>>339830302
I think it depends of your build. If you've built a somewhat squishy but high-damage character (dark knight halbeard etc.) all you have to do is dodge like mad and poke him every once in a while.

My character was a tank with shield and sword -fast but not so high single hit damage- so finding an opening to hit Gundyr was a nightmare since he almost never stops between one attack and the other and so it's impossible to block his attacks efficiently.
>>
>>339816042
Big mistake jumping into 3 first, Abyss watchers are mid tier and Sage is low tier when it comes to difficulty btw
>>
>>339830913
I was a heavily armed str halberd build. I blocked his attack, poked him and rolled away to heal.
>>
>>339830653
>embers
>summoning

Pfft, nigger please. I even kept my health pool small because I didn't like seeing that long as fuck red bar during my exploration
>>
>>339830528
He is also Turtle and Circlestrafe: The Boss. All of his attacks are telegraphed like mad, and they all carry him in one direction for miles, letting you hit his giant crystal ballsack for at least 3-4 hits. The only danger is his spin attack, which is easily blocked without losing too much stamina.

Pontiff is easily once you learn that his clone actually makes him far less aggressive, and Champion Gundyr can literally be parried to death (would have been far harder if they made him drop his weapon and go straight up MMA on our ashen asses). Hardest for me definitely goes to NK and Dancer.

Dancer has insane tracking on her slam moves, and the double-hits from sweeps when she pulls out her second sword always catches me off guard. I actually don't know why NK is hard, he should be the most basic of bosses, and can even be staggered in both forms just from R1s. I still got my ass kicked by him 10+ times.
>>
>>339830997
>str halbeard build
There you go. Try doing that "poke" strategy with a sword that deals 140 or something on first hit.
>>
>>339830383
My edgy "how are you dying to this, nigga lmaoing @ ur life" boss is Dancer. Idk, I just kept whacking her ass and dodging. When she actually hit, I would just roll away and casually take a sippy while she kept slashing at the air like a retard.

Sully raped my asshole a dozen times before I got him tho.
>>
>>339830528
it's hard for me to consistently not fuck up if the fight lasts for 15 minutes and i can't stagger him
same goes for the Sage
it's easy when i can kill him in 3-4 spawns
it's nerve-wracking when you have to run around and kill the clones again and again because your dps is so shit that you can't even make the real one despawn fast enough
>>
>>339831023
I only keep ember up so I can get invaded.
>>
>>339831023
Then don't complain about the game being too hard, retard
>>
File: 1459480395184.jpg (22 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1459480395184.jpg
22 KB, 480x360
>>339831023
>not having the hud set to sometimes visible
Get a load of this guy
>>
>>339816042
Just to make sure, you did find the bonfire that was really close to the Abyss Watches right?

What weapon are you using? What level/infusion is the weapon? Abyss Watchers can be easily stunlocked and many of their attacks rebound off of shields, interrupting their combos and stunning them. You can farm the Black Knight in Path of Sacrifices for his shield which is basically a hard counter to the Abyss Watchers.
>>
>>339831112
I found sage hard first time around because I had no ranged weapon but in ng+ I just huddled in a corner and took shots at his clones with a crossbow.
>>
File: hogan.jpg (46 KB, 620x350) Image search: [Google]
hogan.jpg
46 KB, 620x350
>>339816323
>>
>>339825993
What is it like to realize you're a dumb casual who never beat DaS the proper way?
>>
>>339816042
'Sup noob.
The Abysswatchers require you to think differently. I'd assume you have been circlestrafing and turtling behind your shield for most of the game.
The Abysswatchers are extremely aggressive and their movesets are made to get around shields.
You have to watch what they do and roll under and over their blades. Every one of their attacks can be ducked under or dodged.

Unlike most bosses, they can be parried, stunlocked, and backstabbed like a normal player, use that to your advantage. After a leap attack or a charge, they have a short window of recovery where you can backstab them.
Alternatively, if you have the stamina, they can be singled out and stunlocked, especially with a rapier or straight sword.

If you're feeling adventerous, try a weapon with bleed, like the bandit knife, and stunlock them into massive bleed combos.
>>
>>339831347
Sage caught me off-guard first time because I'm usually the kind to play defensively and observe boss patterns. Then I just charged straight up his face and spammed R1 and he turned out to be the easiest boss in the game.
>>
>>339831676
exaaactly
>>
>>339831676
I ignored his clones first time around because I was lazy.
>>
File: 1418448104766.png (218 KB, 536x546) Image search: [Google]
1418448104766.png
218 KB, 536x546
>>339816323
This is a refreshing attitude to see, good on you, anon
>>
>>339831061
>The only danger is his spin attack
what about that fucking no-tell charge that he does regardless of your position?
>>
>>339832230
>fucking no-tell charge
Literally one of the only moments in the game when I used a shield. The other being the swamp crabs. Those things are cancer.
>>
It's a bloodborne boss, play fucking aggressively. They stagger extremely easily.
>>
>>339829683
Nameless King was always a faceroll for me. Aldrich however kicks my arse all over the place constantly.
>>
>>339833703
The exact opposite for me. Nameless King was one of the hardest to beat, Aldritch you just run after him hitting his tail and flee when the arrows start coming.
>>
File: 1445358081699.png (109 KB, 198x224) Image search: [Google]
1445358081699.png
109 KB, 198x224
>>339833703
>it's an "Aldrich literally cannot stop spamming soul spears" episode
>>
>>339816323
I summoned for abyss watchers my first time. They just kept beating me and I just wanted to see the rest of the game. It was my fault they were so hard though because I hadn't leveled vigor at all and they were oneshotting me. I respecced after and solod the rest of the game.
>>
>>339816042
Never stop running with them. They can't hit what they can't catch. A few more will spawn and they'll constantly be fighting each other. You can do the first form without getting hit.

The second form just constantly run away until he does his dash move. He sets himself up for a backstab every fucking time
>>
The trick is finding a weapon with a moveset you like, and upgrade it. It works on all soul games.
>>
File: 1446297520651.jpg (102 KB, 950x713) Image search: [Google]
1446297520651.jpg
102 KB, 950x713
>tfw you've played all Souls games defeating every boss without summoning once
>Sieg quest
>he curbstomps the boss all by himself and you can't prevent it
>>
>>339834490
Yhorm is a piss easy curbstomp either way with the storm ruler, so I wouldn't feel bad. The entire profaned capital feels like an afterthought.
>>
File: 5156.jpg (42 KB, 581x720) Image search: [Google]
5156.jpg
42 KB, 581x720
>>339816323
what an honorable man, give me a son please
>>
>>339834576
>The entire profaned capital feels like an afterthought.
this, the area is so fucking cool looking with how you see it out the window of the fungeon but then you get there and its two separate five minute areas.
>>
>>339835314
I wished they just threw Ithryll Dungeon out of the game and gave me more Profaned Capital.
>>
>>339823597
Nice meme
>>
>>339828957
>>339829174
>>339829779
>uses the completely optional gimmick weapon
>complains it's easy
You guys are kidding right?
>>
>>339835841
He is still easy without sieg and the weapon because he has regular giant mechanics.
Plus how can you not help sieg, he is ultimate bro.
>>
File: 1405892281752.gif (236 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1405892281752.gif
236 KB, 480x270
>>339816042
just get through it. Even DSP beat this game so everyone can! GAMBATE ONI-CHAAAN!"
>>
File: 1459300441697.webm (305 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
1459300441697.webm
305 KB, 960x540
>>339835949
>GAMBATE
>>
>>339829926
>Abyss Watchers

Any boss that can be stunlocked is a joke, same for anyone who thinks Lady Maria is hard
>>
>>339833703
damn, builds really do affect this shit in crazy ways. did a glass cannon faithmage recently, 4shot aldritch, 2shot king of storms, but nameless just kept kicking my ass.
>>
>>339835841
Yhorm has a shitty slow moveset though, even Old Demon King is more interesting to fight.
He's just a very boring boss
>>
File: 20160529140805_1.jpg (371 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160529140805_1.jpg
371 KB, 1920x1080
>>339835841
he's still easy even without it
he has like 4 attacks
it just takes so much time that you're bound to fuck up at some point
>>
>>339836227
lady maria is not hard but probably the most fun and atmospheric (maybe because that bitch teached me how to dodge properly in like 40 tries)
>>
>>339830302
You need to have the proper stamina recovery for champion else hes a fucking nightmare.
>>
>>339835656
Dungeon should have been an optional area like Uh-Oh Oreo's Garden. And Profaned should have had an actual trek to it like road of sacrifices
>>
>>339835940
>>339836389
>>339836469
That sounds better. Tbh, I'm only as far as the ilthyll dungeon and I haven't gotten to play it any farther. I'm mostly in the game for the PvP though.
>>
>>339828154
Should I use the FUGs then?
>>
>>339832543
>crabs
>are cancer
ayyyyye
>>
File: I've made a huge mistake.jpg (88 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
I've made a huge mistake.jpg
88 KB, 600x600
>doing a soul level 1 run and feeling what it's like to be shit at the series again

I died to the deacons four times and sage eight times, this must be what it's like to be shit, it's horrible
>>
>>339816042
if you keep leveling up you eventually will blast your way though everything
otherwise just go magic, its easier at range
>>
Only reason I summon is so that they distract the boss. I try not to summon though, and I only use NPC summons as the online summons sometimes do most of the work which I try and avoid that.

I didn't summon for a lot, I recently had to summon for Champion because he doesn't leave any openings. At least not long enough for me to take a sippy quickly. That fucking shoulderbash is so fucking fast it breaks my lock-on.
>>
>>339839098
Deacons is one of my favorite fights because I use the Halberd. A charge R2 without a shield does two circular swigs so I hit about six of the deacons.
>>
File: alone.jpg (51 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
alone.jpg
51 KB, 640x480
>>339816323
you absolute madman
anyway they can be parried and backstabbed. if you can't pull those off they get staggered by hits just like you
when a red eyed fucker appears leg it and let him wear them down
watch out for the second forms delayed fire damage, especially the slide. if you get hit by the explosions it will probably liquefy you
if all else fails, backstab fish!!
godspeed family
>>
>>339839098
don't give up
i believe in you
>>
>fighting pontiff
>not doing so good
>can sometime get him to phase 2
>summon londor pale shade with the idea of just seeing the bosses moves better
>beat him fairly easily
Either that summon is strong as fuck or two people trivialize the fight
>>
>>339839985
I think you mean Gotthard not Pale Shade, but yeah Sully isn't to good at multi tasking.
>>
>>339840278
>>339839985
pale shade can solo the game for you man.
>>
>>339816042
>I got memed
Please kill yourself
>>
>>339839492
You can actually kick the fat deacons and watch everyone around them tumble down en mass, it's hilarious
>>
>>339816042
What class are you playing OP?
>>
>>339816369
Not only that youre gunna handicap yourself if you rely on summons then decide you wanna play solo/online dies out
>>
>>339816735
>Spells are for faggots so I don't use them
Word
>>
>>339816042
Deacons of the dead are like 20 times harder than those faggots
>>
>>339831023
Not him, but I always do worse against a boss after popping an ember. Too much pressure to not fuck up this opportunity.
>>
>>339844641
Literally easiest fight of the game
>>
>>339844641
>of the dead
>>
>>339844641
>pull out weapon with spin2win WA
>they die
>>
>>339816735
>irithyll straight sword
Well there's your problem, get a straight sword that isn't shit.
>>
>>339842148

playing a knight
>>
>>339844717
that's not Iudex
>>
>>339816323
Holy shit man. I can't believe all the shitters that responded to you with disagreement.

If you summon on your first playthrough you're fucking trash.
>>
>>339845429
At least ludex gets upgraded range on second phase and you can't see shit within the black goo.
Deacons are just embarassing.
>>
So I guess I'm not the only one who believes in soloing on the first play through

Gonna try to be a healer for other players in new game + though
>>
>>339844641
I used WOtG on these guys in someone else's game and damn near solod it for them haha
>>
>>339846438
As a fight they are bottom of the barrel tier, and the only reason they aren't the flat out worst is that bosses with even shittier gimmicks somehow exist. But the atmosphere, music and visual design of their boss arena was pretty great. Kinda mad it's all wasted like that.
>>
>>339847072
Ah can't argue that. Visually, musically and thematically wise the deacons fight is amazing.
>>
>>339846881

I honestly don't know why you would want to summon on a first run through, doesn't make sense to me
>>
>>339816042
Choose instead to learn from your mistakes? gitgud.
Do you even raid in WoW? Souls isn't that hard man.
>>
File: 4383643.png (25 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
4383643.png
25 KB, 800x800
>>339839492
It feels so good
>>
>>339847569

I don't do much of anything in wow anymore, lol, but when I did I didn't raid.

Did get 2200 a few seasons in 3s though, thats about it
>>
>>339816323
Good on you for trying a solo run, but don't be ashamed to summon help on tougher bosses like Pontiff Sulyvahn and The Nameless King.
>>
>>339847792
Actually you should. Beating the Nameless King alone is a whole better experience than just summoning scrubs to help.
>>
File: 1449629164765.jpg (107 KB, 630x547) Image search: [Google]
1449629164765.jpg
107 KB, 630x547
>>339816323
Yo i respect this shit dog, dont give up! Never summon! unequip your shield and learn how to time your rolls so you dont take damage. Watch you fucking stamina and don't get greedy. You'll have it in no time.
>>
>>339847948

While I do agree, it would be a better experience if the first phase wasn't so shit.
>>
File: 1464515636659.png (159 KB, 289x289) Image search: [Google]
1464515636659.png
159 KB, 289x289
>>339816042
>>339816323

I don't know what your playstyle is, but the single most important thing is to understand how invincibility frames in your roll work, make sure you're under 70% equip load so that you're mid-rolling.

There is a brief window at the beginning of your roll that renders you hit-immune. Learn to time it and the games become vastly easier.

You can do it, bro. I sucked for ages at first, didn't realise my shield was my worst enemy for too long.
>>
>>339848521
You mean the bird? Only the flyup-flame breath is actually annoying, rest can be dodged fairly easily.
>>
>>339848631
Also about rolling, due to how the iframes work, sometimes it's better to be an absolute madman and dodge through attacks and towards enemies rather than away from them. It's counter-intuitive at first, but once you get used to it, it will help.
>>
>>339848704

I mean that it's so fucking annoying to hit the dragon's head unless he does a flame breath attack on the ground. Even with a giant weapon like Dragon Tooth it was still fucking annoying.
>>
File: Timthumbup.gif (2 MB, 308x214) Image search: [Google]
Timthumbup.gif
2 MB, 308x214
>>339848986
Yeah, I should have been more clear on that point. You want to keep yourself in range after rolls to punish the boss, and rolling into them or to the side of them is the best way since you have the invulnerability.

Thanks, Anon.
>>
File: 1451081701553.jpg (94 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
1451081701553.jpg
94 KB, 600x400
Random question:

Have you ever been invaded by someone you co-oped with? Or vice versa?
>>
>>339816042
I beat sage in 1 try without even expecting a boss how are people dying to him
>>
>>339849227
Nah but a dude summoned me but I was a mad phantom, he did not know what they were so he summoned a grapist.
I helped throughout the level and when he was almost killed by one of Pontiff's beasts I finished him of with a back stab, he was furious.
>>
>>339829683
On balance he should be higher, this is just going by death counts on first play through and I had fuck all health on Abyss Watchers.
>>
>>339830447
Well something, anything, at every slot and you will get a lot less damage.
No chest: Decrease of base resist by 20%.
No legs: Decrease of base resist by 14%.
No arms: Decrease of base resist by 6%.
No helmet: Decrease of base resist by 10%.
>>
File: 1454891763868.png (164 KB, 325x381) Image search: [Google]
1454891763868.png
164 KB, 325x381
>>339849491
Your post is useless. Why do people still make these posts? Everyone has bosses they killed first try that other people struggled with.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDt8rCv0TWU
>>
>>339847770
>I don't do much of anything in wow anymore, lol, but when I did I didn't raid.
>
>Did get 2200 a few seasons in 3s though, thats about it
Well that explains it. The thing to remember the difference between pvp and pve.
The computer is merciless, players are not.
>>
>>339816493
>Phantoms trivialize the whole game, making it pointless.
Considering it took OP 20 tries to beat literally the easiest boss in the game, I don't think even phantoms could help him much.
>>
pontiff sulyvahn is objectively the hardest boss in the series.
>>
>>339817475
I've only gotten to prince lothric and he's caving my shit in...
>>
>>339830447
With the way armor works in ds3 you're at a major disadvantage not wearing armor. The difference between different sets is barely noticeable but the difference between no armor and a rag is insane
>>
>>339816323
I get where you are coming from. However summoning on your first run is passable imo. You can git gud your second run.
Thread replies: 205
Thread images: 33

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.