[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I honestly never got all the hatred towards this game. I mean,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 9
File: doges.jpg (22 KB, 271x367) Image search: [Google]
doges.jpg
22 KB, 271x367
I honestly never got all the hatred towards this game.

I mean, sure, it was a dick move locking better graphics away. But that is easily circumvented.
The game itself has a nice story, plays in a setting that isn't even too far away from how we live.
I also never noticed any bugs or crashes etc.

What gives?
>>
Ubisoft
>>
It's a boring as sin sandbox that didn't need to be a sandbox. The story is shit, the main character is a sack of flour wearing an "iconic" cap.

Maybe you just like crap Ubisoft sandboxes, OP?
>>
The story is fucking awful.
>>
>>339811913
It just didn't feel good, the hacking was great, but the driving felt bad and stiff and all the physics of things just felt off.

All that being said I do really like the concept and am eager to see what 2 is like.
I'd really REALLY like it to have a quality jump like Assceed did to Asscreed 2, so hopefully its good, but if its not I won't be totally disappointed.

The invasion system was super fun and tense, but there was an issue that because of the slowmo not working when someone is in your world, you knew when it was happening.

People have been sent WD2 loot box thingies, so it def gonna be revealed at E3, so like I said, hope its good.
>>
>>339812252
>Maybe you just like crap Ubisoft sandboxes
I did like AC up to Revelations. After Revelations it felt like they were milking out the series
Other than that I'm kinda indifferent towards Ubisoft
>>
It IS garbage
Cant believe people actually want a sequel to this, they will milk this shit hard and ruin my gta fix
>>
>>339811913
it was shit, that was my last game I bought from Ubisoft
>>
Just give me more police and gangs fighting each other reeeeeeeeee
>>
File: watch dogs trailer.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
watch dogs trailer.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>I also never noticed any bugs or crashes etc.
Did you play it on console? Or maybe the PC version has been patched
>>
Maybe because it was an absolute piece of shit? There's absolutely nothing redeeming about this game.
>>
File: 7rkwG6Y.png (2 MB, 1639x861) Image search: [Google]
7rkwG6Y.png
2 MB, 1639x861
Unfinished shit.
>>
BLAND
L
A
N
D
>>
Some guys wanted a hacking game, some suit guy wanted a GTA Killer. So he got his wish while the other guys tried to save a gutted, drowning newborn. Pray that they learn their lesson, OP, cause they're making a sequel.
>>
I tried. I couldn't get into it.

The hacking system bored me to death.
>>
It's the single most derivative, bland and mediocre game I've ever played.

I like plenty of mediocre games but at least they usually implement something a bit original or simply nail one aspect at the cost of others. But this? It's the worst kind of mediocre, just utterly forgettable.
>>
>>339815012
It was the PC version, but I got it on launch or soon after, can't remember.
As far as I can remember it crashed on me once.
>>
>>339819060
Most people here played it when it leaked 2 weeks early, it wasn't the retail build that leaked either. It wasn't a "WAIT FOR THE DAY ONE PATCH THEY'LL FIX IT" situation, it was literally an unfinished copy that got leaked. Entirely coincidental that it was close to the release date.

It's why you see those webms of people falling through the ground for no reason despite the fact that it never happens in game.

Not defending the shit game design here, but the shitposting over how buggy it is was fucking stupid when they were all playing an early build.
>>
>>339811913
>I mean, sure, it was a dick move locking better graphics away.
Was it though? I mean, it wasn't that locked since anyone could easily edit those files. What if they just disabled it to appease Sony/MS and left it there for PC modders to discover and enjoy? You'd be ashamed for your words and deeds.
>>
It's Ubisoft, so retards will automatically hate it without playing it.
>>
File: 1464586773311.jpg (692 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1464586773311.jpg
692 KB, 1920x1080
>>339811913
>I mean, sure, it was a dick move locking better graphics away.

But they didn;t
>>
press x to hack
>>
>>339820460
The rain is hella comfy in this game
What other games can I walk around town while it's raining
>>
>>339820415
Ubisoft used to have a great reputation on /v/, believe it or not.
>>
>>339820460
I agree, the fucking shitloads of bokeh smear that e3 setting unlocks looks ugly as sin.
>>
can you put your own music on the radio in the pc version?
>>
I'm well aware of the runaway world that we're living in...
>>
>>339820798
It also unlocks dynamic shadows and you can disable DOF in the settings ya twat
>>
File: cat-asks-you-to-open-door.jpg (44 KB, 500x374) Image search: [Google]
cat-asks-you-to-open-door.jpg
44 KB, 500x374
>>339820415
i've not played it, but have other ubi/uplay titles and have never had any problems with any of them

other people must just be retaded
>>
>>339811913
it was just a tech demo for their new engine.

short as fuck and repetitive and hilariously badly made and too easy.

Lazy AI lazy everything.

Only saving grace was the map design and some neat gameplay elements
>>
>>339811913
way better than GTA IV and GTAV, atleast. gameplay was fun as fuck with the hacking shit while getting away for pursuers.

>mfw you can hide in the car and people don't notice you
>>
>>339820743
GTA4/5, sleeping dogs
But WD is definitely the best for that
>>
The game was typical ubisoft open world design which is absolute shit. Its optimized like shit as well.

Story was interesting enough and i did enjoy it though.
>>
>>339821139
>way better than GTA IV and GTAV

All the mechanics besides hacking were shit. What are you talking about?
>>
File: watch-dogs-4k-screenshot-006.jpg (2 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
watch-dogs-4k-screenshot-006.jpg
2 MB, 3840x2160
>>339820743

Watchdogs is comfy city

I load it up sometimes just to mess around

The game got way too much fucking hate for no reason. I look forward to the second.
>>
I remember a lot of retards with low/mid end cards putting it on ULTRA HIGH and saying it was unoptimized and refusing to accept that their shitty rigs wouldn't max out a brand new game.

This game's launch basically exemplified how retarded people who want to play AAA video games are.
>>
>>339822249

It still happens.

You know why that "stuttering" happened?

Because the textures on ultra were pushing past 3.5gb vram

People think that just because it doesn't stutter when they set it initially, that it's fine for the rest of the game

Watchdogs runs pretty decently for how it looks.
>>
>>339822249
It was one of the first current gen games, if not the first. I guess most people didn't realize the impact of that.
>>
File: Sears_Tower.jpg (80 KB, 500x643) Image search: [Google]
Sears_Tower.jpg
80 KB, 500x643
I 100% it and I had many reasons to be annoyed and angry at it.
>Driving is like you're skating on ice while drunk except when you're on a motorcycle, then it's actually doable but any nudge sends you careening into the distance.
>Using weaponry that isn't suppressed is pointless since a single round causes anyone in a three block radius to call, and as soon as you get one person's phone another person immediately starts up another call because they either heard the original gunshot or they saw you trash that person's phone when you get far enough away.
>Using any of the trap items was pointless since you could just kill one guy with a suppressed weapon and watch as all his friends just come funneling in if a single one saw the guy die just to let you pick them off either through a grenade hack or by shooting them in the head.
>Aiden is the entire reason for everything bad happening to him, his family, and even people he's working with yet you're supposed to root for him taking revenge against the mob boss when he's pilfering normal people's bank accounts because they used a smart phone?
>Wanted system above level 1 is almost impossible to escape unless you're near a boat that takes you way out to sea or are in the middle of Downtown near a bridge with a Blackout and ctOS Scan Jammer at your disposal.
>Everything about the minigame requirements but especially having to do the drinking game 30 times, and half of those are with inverted controls.
>Everything about the driving missions not only due to the driving itself but the fact that many require you to race through checkpoints with the iced up driving system or get into 3* wanted chases, escape it, and then get to a checkpoint while the psychic police/gang members drive straight towards your location and ctOS scans are going off.
>Navy Pier has no Ferris Wheel.
>Willis Tower
>The Bean.
>Outside of the default coat most of them didn't look all that good on Aiden.
>People constantly floating or spawning in.
>>
>>339821890
>The game got way too much fucking hate for no reason
>for no reason
C'mon. Main reason for first hate was >ubisoft, then it turned out game is unfinished bug hell.
>>
>>339822568
Oh, nearly forgot the radio song choices. Nearly everything was awful, I basically just had these three on repeat for something like 40 hours.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02KPyZj8ej8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FrKJ0a5zSU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlvzHX_sExs
>>
the gang hideouts were fun, interesting multiplayer concept, but the city is very very veeeery boring. it's no gta that's for damn sure.
>>
>>339811913
>I also never noticed any bugs or crashes etc.
Bullshit, the game ran like ass on PC and crashed most of the times
>>
>>339823232
>the gang hideouts were fun
>Give us something like 10 or 11 of those missions.
>Meanwhile the driving one gets 40 and most of them are either checkpoint races or just driving in front of a convoy, taking out a grenade launcher, and then just spamming it at the convoy.
It's not fair, the on foot stuff was actually fun if you tried hacking everything or luring guys to things to set up explosions.
>>
>>339822249
>>339822507
Oh yeah I definitely remember this
The problem is that it still should have had more settings
What were the settings low to ultra?
More tiers and switch the names
Ultra Low, Very Low, Low, Medium, High, Very High, Ultra
Basically with Ultra low means you get 7th gen experience, 720p unstable 30fps with a gtx 620 or something similar, and to get xbone results you require a gtx 650ti, ps4 results you use a 750ti, for full 1080p at solid 30 fps at high you need a gtx 760, and for 1080p ultra, meaning E3 demo graphics, at 60fps you need a gtx 690
>>
Used copies are selling for 10$

Is the game worth dicking around in for 10 dollaridoos?
>>
>>339811913
frankly it was kinda meh and there were Massive stutter issues. it needed at least another year of reiteration to tighten up the core game, story, and hacking puzzles. on the road hacking needed its distance extended and polished up for clarity. it was supposed to have been more like the division in terms scene interaction but failed to deliver. hell, a lot of the division is just doing what watch dogs advertised it would be.
>>
>>339820743
gta 5s raining is far better
>>
>>339823507
>stutter
What gpu did you use?
>>
File: 26995407141_3fab033015_o.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
26995407141_3fab033015_o.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1440
>>339823549
Is it?
>>
>>339823436
You'd get your fun I'd say, but it takes ages to unlock most of the good stuff(Hacking) and the decent weapons are hidden behind special requirements. The suppressed pistol and later the suppressed MP5 are basically all you need in the entire game but they have special requirements to unlock(You can get them straight out of the gate though, I don't remember them being too bad).
The overworld is okay for the most part though Pawnee is filled with people who lived in Wisconsin all their lives instead of Illinois which doesn't really make much sense, and the story and main character is just awful. If you want to care about the story Jordi is the best character with Clara occasionally being okay.
>>
>>339823735
580 gtx. its the world streaming issue with poorly chunking. thats a design problem. the only other streaming issue ive ever had was arkham knight during races. texture streaming to gpu but that lead to crashes.
>>
File: ChiN6MVUoAAui4u.jpg:large.jpg (73 KB, 867x594) Image search: [Google]
ChiN6MVUoAAui4u.jpg:large.jpg
73 KB, 867x594
What does /v/ think of the new protagonist?
>>
>>339824785
>580 gtx
Sounds like a low VRAM issue.
>>
>>339824942
Hope it's fake, looks retarded.
>>
>>339824785
Which version of the 580?
1.5gb or 3gb?
760 4gb here and I didn't have any issues, it might be that since it's open world it tries to load too much stuff into the vram
Remember that Arkham Knight had a memory leak problem and Black Ops 3 also had this problem where the game would try to load the entire level into the vram and ram if you set the settings to ultra
It's basically because the game was made with much more memory in mind, remember that the ps4 and xbone have 8gb of unified ram
I remember reading about this, basically you needed 2gb of vram to avoid stuttering
>>
>>339825145
>>339825302
totally is.
>>
>>339825145
>>339825302

>>339825484 here. also to note i havent used high texture since my 6800.
>>
>>339825484
Well then that settles it
Lower texture quality and it won't be a problem anymore
Watch Dogs was actually a very forgiving game regarding performance and vram requirements
That and starting from mid-2015, has just been an absolutely horrifying year that looking back even Ass Creed Unity wasn't so bad
>>
>>339824942
>new protagonist is a nu-male
>>
>>339811913
Got it for $15 for PS4 and it is fun to drive around and listen to some jams. I like that you can collect music and such. I thought the story was a little dumb but overall mildly enjoyable. It is poor man's GTA with hacking. I wish you could buy a car and customize it. That was a big setback for me. I'd play this game like I would play Minecraft. I like the atmosphere and I like to burn 1 hitters while driving around in first person obeying traffic laws. Overall I'd give it a 7/10. It is definitely playable and worth the price.
>>
>>339825221
>>339826017
Well it IS Ubisoft. Also they said it's gonna have a new tone so I guess this fits.
>>
>>339825909
i got mine openbox returned from fry's for 350 with the batman origins bundle. played that on med textures and ever since. watchdog still gave me stutters. feels bad man.
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.