[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
games only you replay ITT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 8
games only you replay ITT
>>
>I think any GC game is obscure
good one
>>
>>339808940

How does it hold up? I got a lot of childhood memories and I'd rather keep then intact, but the game has been calling to me lately.
>>
>>339808998
The thread isn't games only you played anon.
>>
File: 2011_0726_105126AA_zps7e597f91.jpg (129 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
2011_0726_105126AA_zps7e597f91.jpg
129 KB, 640x480
>>339808940
This shit was so flawed it ended up being pure torture. Anyway.
>>
>>339809086

you might want to avoid then

generally and technically speaking, the controls(they also did this well in glover -- though i don't think anyone in sonic team worked on glover in particular) and camera angles are good and like most gc games it has that flat vibrant comic bookish color look(that's a plus for me anyway)

but it's pretty autistic when you get into the story and look at it objectively
>>
>>339808940
Voodoo Vince
Rayman 3

I have replayed those a lot. They have something the main 3D Mario games lack, tho I can't explain it clearly.
>>
>>339808998
>reading comprehension
>>
>>339810398
I know exactly what you mean and i add sonic heroes to voodoo vince and rayman 3 too. I have no idea what it is but these three games draw me more into them than any 3D mario of the era. I wish i could fucking figure out how to explain it
>>
>>339810756
Trying to put it into words now, things like "stage layout" and "structure" come into my mind.

I think the whole concept of the Stars had this big flaw since the beginning: Re-doing the same stage 7 times in M64 or whatever times in the Galaxies, is like "replaying" already even if you are playing it for the first time of your life. It burns you out x times faster than the classic linearity of world 1, world 2... or zone 1, zone 2... that Rayman games, Sonic games and Voodoo Vince have. Even if they change the route or make some subtle changes in the scenery, 70% of the time it's the same stage again. People hated DK64 for this when the truth is that M64 is not that different from it.

Yeah, ok, I don't have the freedom to choose like the paintings or the planets, but once I get through the sewers in Voodoo Vince, or the spooky Knaaren part of Rayman 3... that's it, I don't have to go back 10 minutes later for another fucking star.
>>
>>339810398
>Rayman 3
>I'm the only one who replays one of the best 3D platformer games of the history, look at me!!!
>>
>>339811519
>I'm the only one who replays one of the best 3D platformer games of the history

I dare you to create a thread with that statement here on /v/, where it is held as the worst in the series. So it is not that farfetched that I think I'm of the few that not only likes it, but replays it like once a year.
>>
>>339811518
Thats not really what i have thinking but that is actually a good point I havent thought of. Sonic, rayman, voodoo, they usually all propel you through a set list of levels rather than have you revisit (granted unless youre replaying or going for 100%). I like mario 64 and sunshine but they are nowhere near as good or perfect as people claim them to be. I think rayman and voodoo are very underrated and sonic is overhated. Fucking vocal nintendrones burying the competition
>>
>>339810398
for me rayman just had a weird mysticism that i like

deepest lore meme stuff but not a meme

rayman 2>
>>
>>339810398
>Rayman 3
Played the second one countless times but this one gave me no desire to revisit it.
>>
>>339808940
Lets see I replay a lot games.
>Astal (Sega Saturn)
>Clockwork Knight 2 (Sega Saturn)
>Dragon Seeds (PS1)
>Battle Hunter (PS1)

Those are the most obscure ones. The rest of the ones I replay are common I think.
>>
>>339808940
G-I-A-N-T E-G-G
>>
File: MHRocky-Believe in Yourself.webm (3 MB, 400x240) Image search: [Google]
MHRocky-Believe in Yourself.webm
3 MB, 400x240
>>339808940

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kn9cXeaKLuw

I swear, after all these years this song is still stuck in my head.

Good game though. Well, back when I originally played it.
>>
>>339811651
>Worst in the series
Nah senpai that's raving rabbids
>>
File: kingsFieldIV.jpg (39 KB, 514x360) Image search: [Google]
kingsFieldIV.jpg
39 KB, 514x360
>>
>>339808940
Virtua Quest.

I have fun with it and the OST is great.
>>
File: 1379705131748.jpg (111 KB, 1058x705) Image search: [Google]
1379705131748.jpg
111 KB, 1058x705
>>339816221
>MonHun seriously drops a Hajime no Ippo reference on Brachy
Fuck me, I'm not even mad.
>>
>>339816768
These games have shit controls but I'm still fully interested in playing all of them. I got to the next floor in KF1 JP and took a break. Need to get back to it some time. Weirdly, KF4 still retains the shitty controls despite dual analog being quite the standard at that point.
>>
File: Rodents_Revenge,_Screenshot.png (10 KB, 278x360) Image search: [Google]
Rodents_Revenge,_Screenshot.png
10 KB, 278x360
Vague memories of playing this at my cousin's house back in the dialup days. I DL it and play every once in a while for the hell of it and nostalgia.
>>
>>339817248

I know, is like playing Morrowind in FP camera. Just take it slow and consider it an old school rpg and you'll have fun. No shame in moving back and forth, using all your mana in a though situation, and running around like a madman to avoid being cornered. It's all about the atmosphere
>>
>>339816221
I know I shouldn't but I still have hope for Stories to come out here. Kind of like I still have hope for Rocket Slime 3...
>>
>>339817432
>windows 2000 was 16 years ago
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.