[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fallout: New Vegas
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 111
>The fundamental premise is to envision history as a sequence of "dialectical" conflicts. Each dialectic begins with a proposition, a thesis..
>...which inherently contains, or creates, its opposite - an antithesis. Thesis and antithesis. The conflict is inevitable.
>But the resolution of the conflict yields something new - a synthesis - eliminating the flaws in each, leaving behind common elements and ideas.

New Vegas thread.
What are you:

>Exploran'
>Shootan'
>Listenin' too
>Doin'

Thread theme to get comfy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lrWx7-PiUM
>>
>Exploran'
REPCONN test site
>Shootan'
FIlthy ghouls and Nightkin
>Listenin' too
Mysterious Broadcast
>Doin'
Creeping on qt FemGhouls
>>
>>339808778
Don't do anything lewd to those FemGhouls, Courier-san.
>>
File: protag.jpg (402 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
protag.jpg
402 KB, 1920x1080
>>339808556
>>Exploran'
just completed OWB, so I'm wandering around at this point
>>Shootan'
mostly legion hit squads
>>Listenin' to
Conrad radio https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AB-oJLq5rWo
>>Doin'
trying to fuck the legion as badly as I can
>>
>>339808915
I'm currently replaying the entire base game for the first time in a while, so my setup is mostly vanilla.
I'll be going to loverslab for my next playthrough
>>
File: 1457955435346.jpg (76 KB, 610x660) Image search: [Google]
1457955435346.jpg
76 KB, 610x660
>legion is forever doomed to be wasteland isis instead of the legitimate faction it was supposed to be
>>
>>339808919
>being an NCR cuck
>>
I've always appreciated how they weaved the DLC into the main narrative, overall creating something arguably even more important than the Mojave conflict. I wish Bethesda would do that with their DLC instead of making them little sandbox pockets of irrelevance.
>>
File: 1442420553159.jpg (20 KB, 472x460) Image search: [Google]
1442420553159.jpg
20 KB, 472x460
>>339809026
>tfw no New Vegas director's cut in FO4's engine
>>
>>339808556
Joshua was a bad person
>>
>open world is shit
>factions are shit
>buggy as shit
>requires 200 mods to be playable and even then its still boring as fuck open world
>>
>>339809037
It's great, especially when you go back through the base game again and find more meaning in certain lines of dialogue, like Johnson Nash talking about Ulysses.
>>
>>339809116
His god believes in redemption
He's a good person now.

>>339809167
I think you're looking for the F4 thread, buddy
>>
File: 7gEqK5E.png (752 KB, 880x1120) Image search: [Google]
7gEqK5E.png
752 KB, 880x1120
>>339809026
Not really.
Theoretically speaking, Obsidian could always pull a quick one on people and skip the series ahead a couple of years to change the Legion's lore.

For example, claiming that Caesar had an illegitimate/legitimate child who eventually gets the Legion to rally behind him after he dies, mimicking Augustus Caesar in the same way Caesar mimicks Julius Caesar. Then just have the Nu-Legion herald all of the aspects of the Legion that never made it into New Vegas due to time restraints.

Besides, they aren't really Wasteland Isis. The game gave you enough of philosophy/outlook dump from Caesar to more than justify them.

>>339809167
>he thinks the factions are shit
I bet you don't even understand the socio-political and philsophical commentary that the game is making.
>>
File: Sawyer Legion not gray.png (54 KB, 541x1195) Image search: [Google]
Sawyer Legion not gray.png
54 KB, 541x1195
>>339809026
Legion was never supposed to be "grey", Sawyer was inspired by people like Charles Taylor. So "wasteland ISIS" is an apt description.
>>
File: 1464853912131.jpg (40 KB, 852x464) Image search: [Google]
1464853912131.jpg
40 KB, 852x464
>>339809116
>Was
I agree
>>
I need me some radio mods.
>>
All I want in life is New Vegas in a different engine with legion having an entire city
>>
>>339809342
But they WERE supposed to have more than like 3 quests to them and have more presence in the world.
From a gameplay perspective, Legion hating you does pretty much nothing, you just can't go near their outposts without being shot at.
If NCR hates you, half of the NPCs at the game will shoot on sight.
>>
>>339809497
>But they WERE supposed to have more than like 3 quests to them and have more presence in the world.
That is true, yes, but my point stands.
>>
>>339809408
http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/35061/?
Easily the best one, if you're looking for pre-made.

Alternatively, make your own:
http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/34999
>>
File: 1403772840061.png (125 KB, 680x545) Image search: [Google]
1403772840061.png
125 KB, 680x545
>>339809497
Yeah. There was supposed to be a whole new space within the world map the distance of about Jacobstown to Primm that was to be dedicated to the Legion. Ergo, pissing them off would effectively limit how you could interract with that area.

Legion the stronkest and bestest.
>>
>>339809528
Except it's noted throughout the game in many places that life in Legion territories is quite peaceful, there aren't slaves and people aren't murdered for no reason. Raiders know not to fuck with anyone tied to the Legion. They're only brutal during wartime.

But of course, we never got to see any of that in-game.
>>
>>339809408
>>339809541
>Not modding the radio yourself to only have Johnny guitar
>>
>>339809617
>the distance of about Jacobstown to Primm
So like half the fucking map? Did Obsidian actually think they were going to get all that shit done on top of what we did get, in only 18 months?
>>
>>339809639
Mojave encounters them during wartime, yes. Think it's much of a consolation to a town they raiding?
>>
>>339809717
From memory they were supposed to have double that in development time but Bethesda literally cut it in half.
>>
>>339809727
Try not being a whoring profligate :^)
Does anyone actually pity the powder gangers?
>>
>>339809249
>Besides, they aren't really Wasteland Isis. The game gave you enough of philosophy/outlook dump from Caesar to more than justify them.

Yes they did. Doesn't change the fact that what we see is nothing but a raping warband. It makes Caesar's ramblings on the nature of history seem so out of touch, considering his army is made up of a bunch of woman-hating savages who put all of their women in literal chains.

The Legion would have been so much better had we seen a few free women defending the patriarchical society, or slaves working on public works such as acquaducts. Or you know, maybe not have every faction that joins the Legion have all their old and women wiped out or turned into semen receptacles (except for the cannibals for some reason.)

Caesar just looks like a complete retard when he rambles about establishing an empire when we're shown no possible basis for such an empire.

Same thing with the Independent ending, which apparently means letting the wasteland devolve into anarchy. I have an entire army of upgraded war robots, the Mojave becoming a free for all wasn't really what I was aiming for.
>>
File: 1312441629750.jpg (30 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
1312441629750.jpg
30 KB, 256x256
>>339809541
I've tried CONELRAD, and while I enjoy it a lot, the DJ is just... super annoying.
Same reason I hate that fucking Wave Radio thing.

Perhaps someone has that old mod that adds, like 85 songs to the Mojave Music Radio station, to make it 100 songs? I remember it distinctly, it added a lot more variety, but sadly the nexus took it down... I think that guy went on to create the 'make your own station' mod. I was just wondering if anyone had that old mod still with them, and was willing to send it over Mega or something.
>>
>>339809784
>they were supposed to have double that in development time
And launch the same time as Skyrim? What the fuck were they smoking?

>>339809809
You could download conelrad and add its songs to RACE, if that's what you want.
>>
File: UA1GA8J.png (507 KB, 880x1120) Image search: [Google]
UA1GA8J.png
507 KB, 880x1120
>>339809786
>find Boxcars left alive after his brutal beating in Nipton
>grab my machete, cut him up a bunch
>beat the shit out of him with my fists, he's on nearly zero health and practically dead
>power punch that profligate fuck right in the face

Damn it feels good to be Legion.
>>
>>339809876
That's unfair, though. He won the second place. Should've let him live. Legion is brutal, but fair in their own way.
>>
few weeks ago I downloaded a bunch of t6m armor mods but I dumped them all in a single fomod and forgot to check which ones I downloaded and where do they show up ingame.
Now I end up running into some places where I find stashes of steampunk bikinis
>>
>>339809863
Skyrim was actually supposed to launch in 2012. Why do you think it felt so rushed, incomplete and outright shit?

>>339809797
Why would they have slaves working on acquaducts, etc? They're in the middle of a war. The Legion is outright stated as having everyone in their protected territories as free, with clean water, fresh food, plenty of agriculture, and a safe place to call home. They're allowed to start their own business' for god's sake. The reason they rape/pillage everything is because they're always on the move. They enslave and insemenate all of the women on their journey and then collect the kids to raise 9 months later.
I really doubt any woman is going to defend the patriarchial nature of the Legion.

Also, most Legion members aren't savages anymore. Each one of them is at least educated in English and basic Latin.
>>
>>339808556
What's the easiest way to decapitate and collect every NPC's head? Is there any mods that do that? Wanna do a genocidal serial killer run
>>
>>339809876
>legion themselves left him alive
>proceed to kill him
>feels good to be legion

what kind of autistic shit is this
>>
>>339808556
Decided to take a 1-2 year break from my new vegas playtrough. I would kill a man to play this game again for the first time.
>>
>>339809876
>true to Kaiser
>lusius not lukius
>>
File: 3487.jpg (36 KB, 400x519) Image search: [Google]
3487.jpg
36 KB, 400x519
I have over 800 hours in New Vegas

I need you guys to recommend me some really obscure but great mods you'd recommend... nothing like Bounties, stuff that everyone obviously has tried before. I haven't played in such a long time, and I'd like some freshness to enjoy my favorite game again.
>>
I'm thinking of replaying this again, can you guys list your top 5 mods
>>
>>339809167
>never played modded, try getting into it recently
>some of the tools/programs required for installing recommended mods are no longer hosted
>can't just drag and drop files and folders into place like a fucking normal game because reasons
>>
>>339810401
>>339810453
wait for https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J13lLFE6sPs
>>
>>339810120
>Why do you think it felt so rushed, incomplete and outright shit?
Because it was made by Bethesda? F4 had 4 years after Skyrim and was still shit.
>>
>>339810186
Impossible, you can't grab things and take them between cells.
>>
I feel bad about killing Geckos
especially when I crit cripple their heads and they screech in pain while they stop for a moment to hold their their head.
>>
>>339810401
Tried DUST? It's a bit of a mess, but still a lot of fun. You'll need to dedicate a save to it, it's essentially its own game.
>>
>>339810701
I feel bad about killing bighorners
The adults rush you if you get near them, but the babies will often just run and hide behind rocks.
>>
>>339810701
I felt bad. Then I met fire geckos. Then I met Zion geckos. Kill them all, Jesus, kill them all.
>>
>>339810768
You don't need to kill Bighorners...
>>
>>339810838
I do if I want to stay alive with mods that increase my hunger rate
>>
>So I had my roommate play honest hearts yesterday, and watching the scenes with Joshua Graham made me think: was heart of darkness at all an influence in honest hearts?

A bit, but Joshua Graham is not quite as unhinged as Kurtz. Graham doesn’t share Kurtz’s loathing of humanity and doesn’t demand the tribes’ worship (of him).

>Considering all of Caesar's talk of hegelian dialectics and the Legion serving as an antithesis to the NCR's thesis, finding the Roman legion to be a societal structure equivalent to the trials of a post-apocalyptic world that isn't ready for (and hasn't earned) a democratic political structure, and Ulysses saying the Bear will collapse as soon as it reaches the sea: was the Legion meant to fail?

Meant by whom? The genesis of Caesar’s Legion was Edward Sallow’s desperation. The idea of transforming the Legion through the conquest of NCR was something that came much later. Most of the Legion’s early development was organic and ad hoc. The structure the Courier sees in F:NV took many years to develop, as did Caesar’s plans. Edward Sallow did not create the Legion as something intended to eventually fail, but as a means of (initially) extracting himself from a difficult situation.
>>
>>339810642
What? Doesn't the game treat all heads as objects? Or am i thinking about the Houses's and Caesar's head achievement thingy?
>>
Guys, what the fuck is wrong with my New Vegas, I have over 300 hours played, all my previous playthroughs have been problem free, 60fps unfaltering, but for some reason this time around I'll get microstutters when I shoot, like the game will freeze for like half a second, if im using a full auto it'll basically lockup till I've stopped firing.

I have stutter remover and the only mods I have are the basic CFWNV, Bounties, Project Nevada, JSawyer, FCO etc. Im launching with 4GBNV.
>>
>>339810968
>Thanks for the response, Josh. To clarify, my question about the Legion being "meant" to fail was specifically in regards to the state of Caesar and the Legion that we see at the time of the game. Was Sallow still shooting from the hip or had he developed a grand, long-term vision of synthesis with NCR that extended beyond the demise of the Legion? He didn't seem to take his own rules very seriously-- he keeps an Auto-Doc in his tent despite his own ban on advanced medicine and technology.

What he tells the Courier in F:NV suggests that he did have a long-term vision that involved the Legion acting as the military arm of the NCR, without the R, i.e. as an empire. He sees Tandi as the most effective NCR leader in large part because she was so powerful and stayed in power for so long.

Caesar absolutely has different standards for himself than for the Legion. This is pretty common for strict and powerful leaders. Even when he was young, Edward Sallow considered himself above/apart from the other Followers of the Apocalypse. The rules apply to everyone else, only to him when it’s suitable.

?Why did Joshua Graham stick around for as long as he did? Were he and Caesar friends or was it just a power trip kind of thing?

He covers this in Honest Hearts, but the short version is that he started out trying to help the tribes. In trying to help, he became involved in morally difficult situations where there was no good solution. Over time, he became progressively more brutal and monstrous. By the time he realized how terrible he had become, he didn’t see a way out.

One of the inspirations for Joshua Graham was T.E. Lawrence and the film Lawrence of Arabia. Of note, the LoA scene where Lawrence has to act as an executioner to satisfy the demands of two tribes.

http://www.imdb.com/video/screenplay/vi966984473
>>
>>339810996
Yes, you are.
You can't pick regular body parts off the ground.
>>
>>339811008
Try:
disabling 4gb (just to test)
NVAC
borderless fullscreen mods
fuck around with GPU driver settings
pray

If all else fails, try a re-install, or start a new character and see if it still happens.
>>
>>339810120
Sorry, I meant during the credits scene we'd see Caesar establish his empire in the Mojave. It'd be cool to see Caesar use his central power and slaves to build for example a giant stone aquaduct going from the lake to New Vegas, providing water for massive croplands without depending on fragile pre-war pipelines.

>I really doubt any woman is going to defend the patriarchial nature of the Legion.

Not as it's shown, no. If women in the Legion were anything but a collection of literal slaves getting raped daily and funnily enough, doing hard manual labour though, it'd be easy to have women be in favour of it. After all, in a patriarchical society, the women would be safe at home taking care of the children. Not that hard to choose that over getting raped by Fiends like NCR women.
>>
>>339809408
Google "FNV Secret Stash mod"
>>
File: DinnerBell.png (853 KB, 3000x700) Image search: [Google]
DinnerBell.png
853 KB, 3000x700
>>339808556
>Exploran
The Big Empty
>Shootan
Dis bitch
>Listenin
Nothing
>Doin
Smashing robits
>>
>>339810401

Yeah, exactly what >>339810709 said. Dust can be considered an expansion of its own if you're not an autist with a headcanon on how the Mojave will be in 20 years after the events of the game.
>>
>>339808556
Laser RCW all day, err'day.
>>
File: 4zms21.jpg (332 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
4zms21.jpg
332 KB, 1366x768
>>339809342

This is a cop–out he write in 2015 after they already fucked up the development of the Legion. In 2010 he was talking differently about the Legion:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmAF4NIsFhc
>>
>>339813562
He's not backing up. It's not black and white, it's light grey vs. dark grey/black. There's 3 grey factions, ffs.
>>
File: columbine shooting.jpg (164 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
columbine shooting.jpg
164 KB, 800x600
>>339808556
>tfw playing JSawyer to make the game harder but also have Perk Every Level mod
>>
>>339813682

Okay, but the Legion is full dark in the final game, not "dark grey".

>b-but development time

If they really wanted it, they could have shown the Legion in a more positive light in a DLC. Instead they are shown to be even more evil with HH.
There is nothing grey about the Legion outside of non-canon cut content. So in the end they are not that interesting.
>>
How can anyone support the NCR? They're so fucking boring.

>Le generic american military
>>
>>339814196
>but the Legion is full dark in the final game
Not really.
>There is nothing grey about the Legion outside of non-canon cut content
A lot of characters talk about their mainland being safe.
>So in the end they are not that interesting.
They interesting because they're a very realistic and tangible kind of evil. Once you talk with Caesar, it's relatively easy to understand how a young, ambitious and educated man stuck in a petty tribal conflict would want to use all he knew to elevate himself, how the Legion as a structure subjugates new members and forces them into being an overwhelmingly evil force for most of the people they roll over in their conquest.
>>339814434
>How can anyone support the NCR?
Maybe they played the original games.
>>
>>339814196
I think the DLCs were already planned as new vegas was launched and if they decided to make a legion area it couldnt affect the vanilla game anyway. Plus some of the DLCs were incredibly rushed, honest hearts being the most rushed one.
>>
>>339814153
Nigga the game's pretty easy no matter what you do
>>
>>339809026
>>
File: DIRTY TRIBALS.png (22 KB, 193x215) Image search: [Google]
DIRTY TRIBALS.png
22 KB, 193x215
>>339809026
>Implying tribal scum can amount to anything in the wastes
They'll end up just like those White Legs. Beaten to death by someone better than them.
>>
>>339815262
Except the Legion own everything East of the river
>>
>>339814474

>A lot of characters talk about their mainland being safe.

Not quite true. They are saying it, but it's not true. They could've made it so the NCR is clearly out of its depth and lacks the means to hold control (they don't, the only reason they're stretched is the Legion), while the Legion is brutal, hard-handed, but fair, can be trusted and dealt with (they can't be, they constantly betray and slaughter even their own allies, such as the Tangled Hairs), and offer much more stability. And this is obviously where they wanted to go, with hints at trade route security, but it's never fleshed out.

>They interesting because they're a very realistic and tangible kind of evil. Once you talk with Caesar, it's relatively easy to understand how a young, ambitious and educated man stuck in a petty tribal conflict would want to use all he knew to elevate himself, how the Legion as a structure subjugates new members and forces them into being an overwhelmingly evil force for most of the people they roll over in their conquest.

This is true and I agree, they are good villains and it's fun to join if you just want to kill stuff like in Bethesda style game.
But i'm talking about it from a gameplay perspective. If you join them you get nothing ( no companion, no quests, no new gear), you only lose 80% of the game content.

With Sawyer being so autistic with game balance in Pillars of Eternity, it's funny how unbalanced are the factions in New Vegas.
>>
>>339815026
I dont think more perks make the game much easier anyway. By the end of the game you have more than enough to get every good perk youll need.
>>
File: 1885019280512.jpg (409 KB, 1535x1322) Image search: [Google]
1885019280512.jpg
409 KB, 1535x1322
>>339815381
Right, with the Midwest Brotherhood of Steel next door. How can Legion even compete?
>>
>>339815381
And they've got the Midwestern Brotherhood breathing down their necks, ready to kick their faces in and make a proper nation out of them.
>>
>>339815456
M8 they couldn't even hold Helios One, a building that controls a fucking orbital deathstrike.
>>
>>339815529
>midwest BoS
>vegas BoS
pretty different desu
>>
>>339815407
Pretty sure NCR has other problems than the legion. The elite rangers are all fighting somewhere else for example. Cant remember what they were fighting though.
Also theres nothing stopping the courier from playing a legion spy. In fact half the legion quests expect you to act like a sabateur. Its pretty easy to be friendly to both NCR and legion until the final battle starts.
>>
File: 1398138264586.gif (3 MB, 264x240) Image search: [Google]
1398138264586.gif
3 MB, 264x240
>>339815529
You might as well talk about the synths now, you dummy. Vegas BoS was pretty much dead by the time you got to them.
>>
>>339815407
>They are saying it, but it's not true
Uhh.
>they constantly betray and slaughter even their own allies, such as the Tangled Hairs
Twisted Hairs were tribals. The whole point of Legion is forcibly erasing tribal identity. The Legion would either betray them or its own purpose.
>gameplay perspective
Yes, they lack content, I never argued against that.
>With Sawyer being so autistic with game balance in Pillars of Eternity, it's funny how unbalanced are the factions in New Vegas.
That's a really silly comparison. It was pretty obvious that most people would not choose Legion on their first or even second playthrough, so Legion content had the lowest priority. If Legion had more quest, NCR would have to have less, but I doubt more than 10% of people would play with Legion anyway. In PoE, I assume people's class preferences were split roughly even-ish. Factions-wise, PoE is much simpler, obviously.

>>339815456
>How can Legion even compete?
By being featured in a hard canon game.
>>
What is with all the New Vegas threads lately?

Not that I'm complaining, VN is amazing, just seems like we had almost no threads about it but now in the last week or so there have been daily NV threads. Did something happen related to it or something?
>>
>>339815726
Probably people coming back after F4 was confirmed to be shit, coupled with the fact that /fog/ is nothing but F4 waifu circlejerking.
>>
>>339815726
Some threads popped up and people started playing the game again I guess, which led to even more threads about it being made.
>>
>>339815726
I have a theory that it only takes one NV thread to get a lot of people on /v/ to play it again, generating more threads until you reach critical mass and it goes away for a while, only for the cycle to start anew.
>>
File: 1459125130839.jpg (29 KB, 540x663) Image search: [Google]
1459125130839.jpg
29 KB, 540x663
>>339815726
>lately
NV has had constant threads for a while now.
>>
>>339815903
Same with Bloodlines.
>>
>tfw my favorite DLC was Honest Hearts

Granted all DLC were pretty disappointing and left something to be desired.

Old World Blues came close to being great but the actual map is pretty shit and uninteresting. Dead Money and Lonesome Road were far to linear to be especially fun.

They should have made DLC that expands the base game rather than just slapping some content on the side that you visit once and forget about.
>>
File: all shoulders.jpg (84 KB, 600x857) Image search: [Google]
all shoulders.jpg
84 KB, 600x857
>>339815726

I was recently gifted F4, and it was so terrible I jumped straight back to NV.

Can't wait for a mod that disables the shitty protag's shitty VA.
>>
>>339815792
Fair enough.

>>339815816
Felt a bit strange since I started playing it a few weeks ago and then suddenly I started seeing NV threads everywhere. Happy coincidence I guess.

>>339815903
>>339815975
I suppose that's a good theory.

>>339815920
Sure it pops up every once in a while, but nothing like we've seen lately is what I'm getting at.

>>339816081
>tfw couldn't play neither of my customary smooth Latin gunslinger and German scientist because you can only sound like a generic middle aged dad
>>
File: kgjdfkhgdfh.jpg (32 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
kgjdfkhgdfh.jpg
32 KB, 300x300
>>339816174

yeah the voice acting ruins the entire fucking game

still don't know what the fuck they were thinking
>>
File: PosterVault11_08.png (191 KB, 337x504) Image search: [Google]
PosterVault11_08.png
191 KB, 337x504
>>339808556
Just reisntalled for my millionth playthrough.

I went with the Legion last playthrough, I'm thinking NCR this time. Should I be rooty tooty point and shooty or go with a different playstyle?
>>
>>339816001
Also.
>Joshua Graham has the sexiest armor in the game
>feel like I'm cosplaying while wearing it

Man.
>>
>>339816174
I can't bring myself to finish F4, It's just so bland. I tried my best to give it a chance but eventually just dropped it and went back to NV for my cowboy action.
>>
>>339808556
>>Exploran'
Mojave
>>Shootan'
This Machine@Fiends/Families
>>Listenin' too
Stars of the Midnight Range
>>Doin'
Coyote tobacco chew

I wanna go back ;_;
>>
>>339808556
Can someone post a character roulette pic? wanna play through this again but don't wanna end up doing the same shit as always
>>
File: tumblr_nyzsinQ0No1th4lxso1_1280.jpg (303 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nyzsinQ0No1th4lxso1_1280.jpg
303 KB, 1280x1280
What's a good Courier name that fits in thematically with the game?
>>
>>339816001
Honest Hearts is pretty fucking good story-wise, but I found it kinda lacking gameplay-wise.

OWB is great the first time you play it and a massive bore after.

I didn't mind Lonesome Road as much as many people here did, but that's probably because they gave me a lot of explosives in it.

And Dead Money is probably my favorite. I hated it the first time but it grew on me a lot afterwards. Especially on the way you can handle all the characters to get them to do what you need them to do.
>>
>>339816903
Johnny
>>
>>339816903

I call mine Sam (if female) or >>339817045 if male.
>>
>first time playing
>got to You'll know it when it happens
>save
>can load that save but any saves after that stick the game in a permanent loading screen

oh well that was fun while it lasted
>>
>>339816903
Utah
>>
>>339816081
>Can't wait for a mod that disables the shitty protag's shitty VA.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/1091/?
>>
File: falloutmap.png (112 KB, 1931x862) Image search: [Google]
falloutmap.png
112 KB, 1931x862
>Legion Centurion armour is made out of scraps gathered from defeated foes and includes an arm from a T-45d
>Caesar mentions that Brotherhood Scribes they captured "further east" didn't even know the name of the BoS' founder
>Denver is confirmed to be Legion territory by Antony and Lanius

Legion has definitely butt heads with the Midwestern BoS
>>
File: Peter-Hines.jpg (36 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
Peter-Hines.jpg
36 KB, 600x300
>Daaa fundamenal premish is make big bad go boom! Big gun make bad mutie go boom real good, hehehe! Big boom make blood for splat, haha!! Head fly!
>>
Just started playing this because of all the thread shilling.
Only question I have is: can you change the scopes on weapons like in F4?
Threads are right, games so much better then F4
>>
File: 1464381981606.png (735 KB, 844x633) Image search: [Google]
1464381981606.png
735 KB, 844x633
>>339817456
>>
>>339817435
That our Battle Brothers haven't wiped out these dogs disturbs me.
>>
>>339817174
Try to start a new game, skip the intro, then try to load your save file.
>>
File: 1457158564050.png (925 KB, 1500x5100) Image search: [Google]
1457158564050.png
925 KB, 1500x5100
>>
>>339813562
swecuck die.
>>
File: caged laff.gif (2 MB, 187x155) Image search: [Google]
caged laff.gif
2 MB, 187x155
>>339817561
>>
File: 1463182908541.jpg (33 KB, 591x459) Image search: [Google]
1463182908541.jpg
33 KB, 591x459
>new vegas

LOL
>>
>>339817561
I laffed
>>
>>339817779
Eat a dick, Todd
>>
>>339816903
Blackjack, Wild Card, or Joker.
>>
File: 1464518351681.jpg (49 KB, 402x604) Image search: [Google]
1464518351681.jpg
49 KB, 402x604
>>339816903
>Naming your character anything other than The Courier/Courier/Courier 6
>>
>>339816903
I clicked the Wikipedia random button until I got a name I liked.
>>
>>339817779
He never said this.

Todd is a talentless piece of shit but there is no reason to fan the flames with false information.
>>
>>339816940
>Honest Hearts is pretty fucking good story-wise, but I found it kinda lacking gameplay-wise.
Pretty much this. The story of Zion and the interwoven themes and character arcs are great, but the gameplay of it is almost entirely fetch quests which really kills the pacing.

>I hated it the first time but it grew on me a lot afterwards. Especially on the way you can handle all the characters to get them to do what you need them to do.
Yeah, it's a pretty abrupt departure from the open world gameplay of the mojave, and you really need to be somewhat prepared to suddenly start playing a survival horror game. But if you're able to get past the change of gameplay you're able to see how fucking great the story is. The confrontation with God/Dog makes me tear up every time.

>>339817520
You can add scopes to some weapons, but the modding is more about base guns with a few specific upgrades than the crafting in Fallout 4 and most of the time the basic moddable weapons are outclassed by uniques. The Gun Runners sell pretty much all of the weapon mods, so you should go there first if you're looking for something specific.
>>
>>339818036
Johnson Nash pretty much confirms "Courier 6" cannot be the Courier's name since he was weirded out when Ulysses calls you that.
>>
File: Lady_Killer.png (9 KB, 190x190) Image search: [Google]
Lady_Killer.png
9 KB, 190x190
>get Lady Killer perk
>you get almost no new dialog options, the Cass hoe will even diss you

>you get Confirmed bachelor
>almost every NPC is unrealistically gay now and they give you ton of bonuses

Brava Obsidian.
>>
>>339818746
>Lady killer is useless because most human enemies are male
Also im pretty sure lady killer and bachelor have pretty similar ammounts of dialogue.
>>
how do you make this game fun?
everytime i play it i do half of the main quest then i just get bored and uninstall the game.
is there anyway to fix this?
>>
File: 1412770192366.jpg (48 KB, 592x592) Image search: [Google]
1412770192366.jpg
48 KB, 592x592
>>339818036
>"Hey, traveller, what's your name?"
>"Courier"

Sounds absolutely butt-fucking retarded
Like an autistic kid trying to look cool in front of others so he comes up with some shitty-ass fake name to use
>>
File: Lanius.jpg (412 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Lanius.jpg
412 KB, 1920x1080
>tell me about Lanius, Caesar
>he's an absolute beast of a man who butchered his own tribe when they finally surrendered to the Legion, his face is all scarred up so I had him a kickass helmet made
>tell me about Lanius, Lucius
>greatest warrior in the Legion, been a full Legionary since he was 12
>tell me about Lanius, Graham
>never met him, only heard the stories
>tell me about Lanius, Ulysses
>he has his slaves blinded so they can never see his face, not sure it's even the same man under the mask every time

I wonder how long it will take for the legend of Butcher, Monster of the East to finally surpass and bury that of the Burned Man
>>
File: 1459410528873.png (669 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
1459410528873.png
669 KB, 960x540
>go to nipton
>kill every legion except for vulpes
>cripple vulpes leaving him to crawl back to his master caesar
>throw all the legion's corpses in the pile of burning tires
>>
>>339819004
Bachelor has a bit more.

Also, not being gay makes you miss out on hitting on your own brain.
>>
>>339819004

Lady Killer is less and pretty much just flavor text, Confirmed Bachelor is quite useful if you don't mind roleplaying a fruitcake:

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Lady_Killer#Fallout:_New_Vegas

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Confirmed_Bachelor
>>
>>339819476
For actual useful interactions they're about equal

Biggest thing Bachelor has over Killer is recruiting Arcade which is otherwise a bit of a bitch
>>
How to make one shotgun build different from another?
>>
>>339819707
Don't take Shotgun Surgeon, Stay Back or use different types of ammo so you're just using a shittier rifle
>>
>>339819025
When you grow up from being a child, you develop a stronger attention span.
>>
>>339819668
You can recruit Arcade with just 3 int. Whats so hard about recruiting him?
>>
File: 1277969239832.png (433 KB, 663x556) Image search: [Google]
1277969239832.png
433 KB, 663x556
>>339819254
>Caesar then sends Vulpes to be a messenger boy to the person who beat him up as punishment for being a bitch
>>
>Exploring
Preparing for OWB
>Shooting
Pests and fagsquads
>Listening to
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6AQtbLlfKA
>Doing
Waiting for E3
>>
>>339819875
Some people don't play low INT builds, otherwise you have to have 75 Speech or a Liked/Idolized rep with the Followers
>>
>>339819785
I thought just taking different weapons would be enough, like Hunting and Riot are different enough to warrant a different build.
>>
>tfw you realize you throw your lighter when you throw the dynamite
>>
>>339820107
>Having above 3 int
I bet you also take confirmed bachelor you fucking faggot.
>>
>>339819174
>"Hey, traveller, what's your name?"
>Cant remember, but the folk call me Courier
>>
>>339820149
Sure you can use a Hunting Shotgun as a rifle in a pinch if you use slugs but I wouldn't center a build around it

Shotgunning is all about raping things up close with buckshot and flechette rounds
>>
File: TheBurnedMan.gif (252 KB, 983x975) Image search: [Google]
TheBurnedMan.gif
252 KB, 983x975
A little late to the party, but it always seemed to me that the Legion was presented perfectly.

Now what I mean by that is, THE LEGION. Not the civilization Caesar wants to build, but a Roman Legion made up of subjugated tribes. They are at war, a military force. They aren't a civilization, and thats fine.

I really wish we could have seen Legion territory, because the civilization Caesars building behind him, and hoping to lead from New Vegas as his Capital, would really flesh out the Legion. The concept is even more direct to the historical playing on it does. The Dam is literally Caesars Rubicon, the areas behind him conquered Gaul. Its a now peaceful, previously shitty warring tribe filled place. It seemed obvious to me that the Legion isn't what Caesar wants and nor is it a civilization. Its simply a warband, to be used to destroy the enemies of Caesars Empire. Its brutal, warlike, slave taking, its brutal total war. Which makes sense to me.

During my playthrough it seemed obvious to me that Caesar had a long term goal to create a society, and his legion wasn't that society, simply a tool he built out of pretty much nothing, to build that Empire and to protect it. It was never meant to be his "faction" its an army, just like the NCR military isn't the NCR.

Of course a lot of people didn't get this and were just busy posting on tumblr about THUMBS DOWN YOU SON OF A BITCH :DD misogyny!
>>
This mod that changes the attire of the Legion is decent. The rubber tire shoulder pads and football helmets were pretty lame and especially pathetic when you consider they are going up against the NCR who have actual armor. I don't think it's far fetched to think the Legion would have blacksmithing capabilities.
>>
File: FNV_Trooper_Outfits_NCR1.jpg (144 KB, 813x679) Image search: [Google]
FNV_Trooper_Outfits_NCR1.jpg
144 KB, 813x679
>>339820854
Yeah it's great if you completely miss the point

I also wouldn't call a single sheet of metal strapped over the chest "actual armor", either. "Better than nothing", maybe
>>
>>339820854
It's really dumb, though, and the helmet actually looks worse than vanilla ones.

NCR basic armour might be properly manufactured, but it ain't that great either.
>>
>>339821168
miss the point of what
>>
>>339820854
the legion is against using technology besides what is necessary
>>
>>339821226
The point that the soldiers of the Legion are expendable cannon fodder. It's a uniform, and an easily manufactured/replaced one at that.
>>
>>339821226
That the NCR makes up for a lack of training with superior equipment, and the breastplate is just harden leather not metal.
>>
>>339821272
Technology is fine as long as they can produce it themselves. If it relies on old world tech that cant be replicated then its only allowed if its nececary and theyll probably try to not to rely it on too much.
>>
>>339820730
Most hate was that they weren't fleshed out. Not pointing fingers at Obsidian or Bethesda for this problem. Obsidian was rushed but maybe they could have scaled back on the NCR quests to flesh out the Legion if they new the window to make the game was small. Game still turned out great, but there is little meat on the Legion bone for being a major faction.
>>
>>339821403
I see your point. I haven't played the game in a while but I think the mod gave the basic legionaries more hodgepodge style armor. The higher ranking soldiers like the decanus in that image got the more well crafted stuff.
>>
>dropped probably 200+ hours in the original game
>just bought F:NV now that my PC isnt totally garbage and i'm still having fun even though i've played the game to death

How can one game be so based?
>>
>>339820854

STOP RIGHT THERE CRIMINAL SCUM
>>
File: Conceptart-thefort-B.jpg (146 KB, 1024x682) Image search: [Google]
Conceptart-thefort-B.jpg
146 KB, 1024x682
>>
>>339821782
2 things

its built on the foundation of a canceled game and all the writing that went into that game (van buren)

and the Team has alot of the original staff from Fallout 1 & 2.

the biggest problem i have with the Fallout franchise is that Bethesda didn't learn from Fallout New Vegas what made Fallout great and released oblivion with guns 2.0
>>
>>339821701
Having less NCR quests won't necessarily mean more Legion quests, having more locations east of the river would mean more Legion quests.
>>
File: Sawyer Van Buren rant.png (22 KB, 1094x236) Image search: [Google]
Sawyer Van Buren rant.png
22 KB, 1094x236
>>339822085
>its built on the foundation of a canceled game and all the writing that went into that game (van buren)
The things it borrowed from VB are extremely, extremely minor.
>>
>>339819174
I name myself Courier mostly because I don't really care and also because when you barter to get more medical supplies off that Follower on the Strip you call yourself Dr. Courier, which I think is amusing.
>>
>>339822242
Which spending your time not making 100 shitty quests for the NCR would have freed up time to do so. Which was my point.
>>
File: 1464293876979.jpg (61 KB, 794x646) Image search: [Google]
1464293876979.jpg
61 KB, 794x646
>>
>>339822085
>is that Bethesda didn't learn from Fallout New Vegas what made Fallout great
Could you blame them when New Vegas did poorly in comparison to 3?
>>
Any mods that make it easier to throw explosives?

They bounce around too much to predict.

I don't wanna have to go into vats every time.
>>
>>339823571
>using vats to throw explosives
>>
How does it make sense that a character with 1 INT can have 100 science and medicine? It would be better if SPECIAL points capped out their relevant skills at increments of 10 e.g. at 6 intelligence the max repair, medicine and science would be 60.
>>
Any must-have mods for a melee-focused playthrough?
>>
>>339824149
Idiot Savant
>>
>>339824236
http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/57729/?

Also if you're not using a balance mod that fixes the unarmed/melee requirements of perks:

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/35569/?
>>
>>339824236
http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/57729/?
>>
>>339820854
I prefer this, senpai
http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/41206/?
>>
>>339824345
>>339824367
Does the reach fix affect any modded weapons installed after it?
>>
>>339816903
William.
>>
>>339824729
no but modded weapons probably have proper reach values already
>>
>>339823571
go to nellis air force base and get Thump-Thump. forget about grenades, they can glitch out sometimes and not cause any damage. and they're worth a boatload of money too. grenade rifles, missile launchers, and C4 is all you need for an explosive character.
>>
>>339824729
Considering it reads like he just edited a bunch of values in the GECK for those specific weapons, probably not
>>
>>339824693
Painfully dull
>>
>>339823281
Didn't New Vegas sell more than 3?
>>
>>339808556
>le marxism face
>>
File: 14649079242422312412.png (1 MB, 1352x1196) Image search: [Google]
14649079242422312412.png
1 MB, 1352x1196
Post Fallout Personas

>tfw can't draw clothes
>>
>>339824149

I hate that shit. I have 1 Charisma (because Charisma is completely useless) and 100 speech - no difference.
SPECAILS sadly are just flavor stuff even in New Vegas. They need to make them more important.
>>
File: Robert_Edward_Lee.jpg (1 MB, 2807x4154) Image search: [Google]
Robert_Edward_Lee.jpg
1 MB, 2807x4154
>>339816903
Robert Lee.

Ulysses names himself after Ulysses S. Grant. You're Ulysses' rival. Ulysses S. Grant's "Rival" was Robert Lee.
>>
>>339825669
charisma is useful in hardcore mode because it improves your follower's DT and weapon damage. if you have 10 charisma you don't need to give them any armor so you'll have more space for loot.
>>
>>339825052
Critical acclaim then, perhaps?
>>
>>339820854
Shit taste senpai.

The whole aesthetic of the Legion was post-apocalyptic romans. The football armor is a classic post apocalyptic trope and it looks suitably roman.
>>
Is there anyway to improve performance after a while?

I notice that New Vegas gets reduced FPS after like a hour or two of play. Using Fallout4GB as well and NV stutter remover which does help but I don't know how else to make it run a bit better.
>>
>>339826009
Bretty gud
>>
File: House.png (750 KB, 1364x1207) Image search: [Google]
House.png
750 KB, 1364x1207
>>339825486
>>
File: 1458427291568.gif (4 MB, 270x263) Image search: [Google]
1458427291568.gif
4 MB, 270x263
>>339808556
>Gamebryo Fallout/TES will never have good combat
>>
>>339826246
http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/45475/?
http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/49396/?
http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/43536/?
>>
>try to do a evil Karma playthrough
>can't ever bring myself to betray Goodsprings

I'm a pussy.
>>
>>339826513
you don't have to be a slaughtering edgelord to be evil.
>>
>>339826513
>evil people can't occasionally do nice things or justify doing nice things from a selfish perspective
>>
>>339826513
>>339826572
Yeah just save them as a token of appreciation then move on to be a dick to everyone else
>>
>>339818185
It's a youtube comment.
>>
>>339826263
>duct tape

my nigga
>>
What face/body mods do y'all recommend? I'm looking for something that improves on vanilla but doesn't change it drastically.
>>
>>339808919
Wow the graphics in this game suck, why not just play fallout 4?
>>
>>339826246

Use more saves:

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/45652/?

I haven't use those, so I don't know if they are good:

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/45116/?

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/51871/

I may try clean street not for performance, but because trash on the street after 200 years is retarded. This is not Bethesda game.
But I'm afraid of the mod removing important stuff. Yo can't trust modders with this stuff.
>>
>>339826513
the only way to do an evil karma playthrough is to be a stealth character. you have to avoid killing fiends and ghouls, and basically just be the biggest kleptomaniac in the wasteland.
>>
>>339826749
Hall of Face, NV Redesigned 2 or 3 lore versions
>>
>>339826749
Men of the Wasteland and Women of the Wasteland is the most lore-friendly. It's on the nexus website.
>>
>>339826781
don't you have some work to do Todd?
>>
Will probably dust off NV when I head home, think I will do a shotgun build. Can anyone recommend a SPECIAL spread? I also don't know what to take for a secondary combat like melee or unarmed but shotgun is so close range it might not be worth it.
>>
>>339826781
I know dude hahaha
>All these retards itt playing NV in 2016
>>
File: Smug Jack.png (107 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
Smug Jack.png
107 KB, 512x384
>>339826952
>Todd
>Doing anything but spouting bullshit at conferences
>>
>>339826513

>try to do a good Karma playthrough
>can't stop stealing shit

One item steal is -5 karma, pretty insane.

Also the karma system is trash. I don't know why it's in the game with the superior faction system side by side.
>>
File: 1463427545037.jpg (148 KB, 1052x657) Image search: [Google]
1463427545037.jpg
148 KB, 1052x657
>Trying to use NVSE or New Vegas 4GB
>P:0000065432
>Try everything
>It doesn't work no matter what I do

I only wish for death now
>>
>>339827124
Restart Steam.
>>
>>339826862
>playing without YUP
Get it together, anon
>>
are there any mods that make the movement feel less floaty and terrible?
>>
>>339826974
shotguns have enough variety that you don't need a secondary combat skill. use the lever action for common enemies, the hunting shotgun for "sniping", and the riot shotgun for cazadors and deathclaws.
>>
File: file.png (11 KB, 333x145) Image search: [Google]
file.png
11 KB, 333x145
>>339827124
if you have the EU version make sure to do the steamappid shorcut thing
>>
>>339825486
apex edge
>>
So is it normal for the game to stutter like crazy when the files size reaches a certain limit like the PS3 version? because my game lags like a bitch when I enter certain areas and is alright in others (mostly indoors).

My Specs
Sapphire Radeon R9 290
Intel Core i5 4590
8.00GB Single-Channel DDR3 RAM
Z97-A-USB31 Motherboard
>>
>>339827124

New Vegas 4GB and Mod Organizer have some stupid anti-piracy shit in them.
I don't know why they even bother, my copy is pirated and I'm using them with no problem, you just need to modify the game exe with a program.
>>
File: ScreenShot37.jpg (952 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot37.jpg
952 KB, 1920x1080
well shit
>>
>>339827602
7mb is the beginning of the end, 8mb is the point of no return.
>>
finished my first playthrough today. Yes Man, big plans for the Mojave. I guess the first thing you'd have to resolve would be who inherits the securitron army, but I guess you can't really know that this early. I wrote out a document after I finished with ideas I have for my wasteland- anyone want to read some of it/discuss the issues you might face as the ruler of Vegas?
>>
>>339827735
Peace, Traveller
>>
>>339827737
>Game is at 10mb

Welp, time to finish the game then I guess
>>
>>339827750
Nobody really cares.

Also, if your plans exist beyond The Strip, you've missed the point of the Yes Man ending.
>>
>>339827750
>inb4 Skynetfag spergs out about Yes Man again
>>
>>339816903
Vince
>>
>>339827856
>Nobody really cares.
yeah I figured.

>Also, if your plans exist beyond The Strip, you've missed the point of the Yes Man ending.
but the Securitron army is enough of a power base to be more ambitious? anyways- fill me in on what I'm missing fampai
>>
>>339828249

Not that guy, but the point of the Yes Man ending is that you don't care what happens so long as the Strip maintains its independence.
>>
>>339828249
when you ask him about victor mr house mentions that when a securitron is far away from the lucky 38 he can only transmit basic data to it. they are best used as a defensive security force.
>>
>>339828492
my ambition was to hold that for the whole of the map the game is played in. Independent and as safe as possible. maybe that's overextending but what's the point of being a ruler if you're not even gonna try to improve things?
>>
>>339815920
Does Joshua react if you are already affiliated with the Legion(and still want to collaborate with him)?
>>
>>339828249
>fill me in on what I'm missing fampai

The point of the Yes Man ending is a "truly free" New Vegas. Everyone rules themselves. The Followers and the Kings rule Freeside, Goodsprings rules Goodsprings,Primm rules Primm etc.

The Courier just happens to be the leader of the New Vegas Strip. It's going against the entire point of the ending for the Courier to exert influence/control the Mojave outside of The Strip, since the Mojave is meant to be free.

The whole point of "No Gods, No Masters" is that nobody in the Mojave is going to be controlled by any nations or autocrats.
>>
>>339828634
true... but that is before significant upgrades to the network and powersupply have been made.
>>
>>339828664
>being a ruler if you're not even gonna try to improve things?
Because you're NOT a ruler. The name of the fucking quest is "No Gods, No Masters."

You're the champion/leader of the New Vegas Strip, and that's it. Everyone else is free to do as they please.
>>
>>339828713
but don't you think that's going to be infringed upon by the NCR?
>>
File: hoose.jpg (678 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
hoose.jpg
678 KB, 1920x1080
>>
>fallout new vegas threads still generate enough discussion to stay afloat after over half a decade

Sometimes I really fucking hate this place, but then I have second thoughts because of threads like this. You're all good folk.
>>
>>339828860
>>339828816
but I really didn't intend to do Yes Man when I met him so I didn't really pay great attention to the details of it all. I interpreted it as No House (gods), No Legion/NCR (masters)
>>
File: No_Gods_No_Masters.png (60 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
No_Gods_No_Masters.png
60 KB, 240x240
>>339828664
>final Indpendent quest is named after a famous anarchist slogan
>achievement portrait is a giant anarchist symbol painted on Hoover Dam
>people still come away with the idea that they're making themselves Lord God of All The Mojave
>>
File: hoose2.jpg (556 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
hoose2.jpg
556 KB, 1920x1080
>>339828956
>>
>>339828860
That depends on how you treat the NCR in your game. But the ending slides basically say that New Vegas's freedom is secured because you kicked the ass of the NCR and Legion very hard. They were both drained by the war in the Mojave.

In my Wild Card playthrough, I kept Kimball and Oliver alive so they take all the heat back home (which is predicted by House in his ending) instead of Vegas, meaning the NCR millitary won't be coming back. You can also threaten Oliver that if the NCR fucks with the Mojave again, you can go have a chat with your boomer friends and get them to carpet bomb Shady Sands.

The NCR still holds trade routes and has citizens flowing into the Mojave, but them getting their asses kicked means no official control over anyone.
>>
>>339828989

Mainly because the game has a great amount in depth in multiple areas. Fallout 4 on the other hand, no one fucking talks about the factions there because no one gives a fuck about them.
>>
>>339828860
Not when you boot them out of the dam, shame their general, and blow the fuck out the enemy they couldn't defeat for 5 years. NCR is already tired of the vegas conflict, throw in all the shit you can pile on and they'll leave for a good long time. If we're adding in DLC then the Courier also has OWB tech and has potentially nuked NCR
>>
>>339829045
>>339828860
still this.. if all you're leaving is a power vacuum then 10 years down the line all you've achieved is worse relations with the masters (NCR)
>>
File: hoose3.jpg (346 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
hoose3.jpg
346 KB, 1920x1080
>>339829067
>>
File: steam error.png (14 KB, 305x171) Image search: [Google]
steam error.png
14 KB, 305x171
>>339827732
That's the weirdest thing, I used all of these mods with a pirated copy no problem.

I bought a complete edition of the game on Steam just to be "legit"

I literally tried everything listed on this wiki http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Fallout:_New_Vegas#New_Vegas_Script_Extender and forums

I think there are cases where NVSE just straight up doesn't work with the enplczru version of the game.
>>
>>339828990
>I interpreted it as No House (gods), No Legion/NCR (masters)
Yes, that's correct.
>>
>>339829168
>power vacuum
You're thinking in Old World terms.

In the Wasteland, there doesn't have to be a "power vaccuum". Goodsprings was doing just fine without the NCR or Legion coming in.

and again, the NCR treatment is different depending on how you played it. If you were sly like House, the NCR will still be friendly with Vegas, but keep it's distance in terms of millitary. Alternately, you could go full anarchist and destroy/attack as much NCR as possible, kicking them out of the Mojave so hard that they don't come back.
>>
>>339829168
>if all you're leaving is a power vacuum then 10 years down the line all you've achieved is worse relations with the masters (NCR)

I don't see how. The NCR is absolutely battered by the time of New Vegas, from both a logistical (spread too thin) and morale point of view. After another loss in the Mojave, they're done expanding eastward.
>>
>>339829168
If you don't destroy Hoover Dam and the Securitron army you're in enough of a position to sell the power and water output of the Dam to NCR, which is the entire reason they wanted the Mojave

If you did destroy the Dam they have absolutely no reason to ever come back

If you destroyed the Securitrons you could probably negotiate a deal with NCR to take the Dam's output in return for staying on their side of the border
>>
>>339829168
>relations
There are no relations. There's no state-to-state talk because there's no state. Who are the NCR going to be on bad terms with? The desert? Novac? Vegas, maybe, but if you keep Kimball and Oliver alive they take all the heat from the loss.
>>
>>339829152
>>339829096
it did say that in the ending, yeah.. I'm happy with that being the ending, the good of the common Mojavean was my primary goal. I did let Oliver live in the hopes that the NCR not see us as savages. Kimball died in my absence (I'm still not sure what happened, all of a sudden npcs were just saying he died). I don't trust the NCR not to keep crawling east though, not at all- especially with the dam still intact. It is for that contingent that a more centralized leadership would be needed imo. but then how to avoid becoming what you fight, etc, etc.
>>
>>339829631
>I'm still not sure what happened
Did you ignore the quest to prevent his probable assassination?
>>
>>339829631
>I don't trust the NCR not to keep crawling east though, not at all
it is the honeypot that is the dam, combined with them being the bigger power if they can put their mind to it. Will they accept being dependent upon a foreign power for electricity? how will they feel about that 10 years on? 20 years?
>>
>>339829631
>It is for that contingent that a more centralized leadership would be needed imo. but then how to avoid becoming what you fight, etc, etc.

Perhaps you should have gone for House then? He's pretty much exactly that.
>>
>>339830032
probably. I didn't do everything in order, I think I moved the game forward past that quest by just telling House what I'd been up to lately.
>>
>>339829067
STOP
T
O
P
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 111

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.