[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If console gaming dies out where will the peasants move to? Mobile?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3
File: consoles dead.jpg (89 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
consoles dead.jpg
89 KB, 1280x720
If console gaming dies out where will the peasants move to? Mobile?
>>
>>339806442
They already have a home
PC
>>
Outside
>>
I'm guessing most wouldn't move to PC. Many probably just own laptops or iPads or whatever.
So yeah, mobile gaming.
>>
Thanks Doc
>>
>>339806565
you do realize that most console owners own a PC and vise versa, right?
or are you actually dumb enough to listen to all the PC vs console shitposting?
>>
File: 21.png (645 KB, 722x525) Image search: [Google]
21.png
645 KB, 722x525
Unless you don't own every console and a mid-high-tier PC that runs every game you are considered a faggot and a peasant, OP. Get a job and earn some money, and stop disgracing your family, faggot.
:^)
>>
Mobile.

There was a Minecraft sales chart the other day that showed that more people already were playing on mobile than on console.
>>
>>339806684
They own a tablet and maybe a laptop but I can guarantee you that the vast majority of console players doesn't have a desktop. At least not one that can actually be used to play modern games on.
>>
>>339806684
Most people own a PC of some kind. But it's not a gaming PC.
If I look at the people I know who only own consoles, none of them have a stationary PC. They either have laptops or tablets. A cabinet takes up too much room and they only use it for surfing the net and playing music. They have no need for anymore than a tablet or laptop.
>>
>>339806697
But I don't want to get a PS4 or Xbone, there are no games I want to try, maybe besides bloodbourne that I can't play on PC. Maybe when Kingdom hearts 3 and FF XV comes out I might consider a PS4, but chances are XV will come out on PC at some point, so I can't really be bothered.
>>
>>339806845
I agree with that.
But a PS3 is worth owning. Get one of those if you haven't already.
>>
File: 1463581234784.png (602 KB, 963x720) Image search: [Google]
1463581234784.png
602 KB, 963x720
In two years time when consoles have multiple different SKUs, mandatory installations and patches, version and hardware incompatibility and all that good stuff you get on PC.
Actually what will be the benefit of a console?
>>
>>339806845

I'm an xbox user to I'll just be moving to pc since halo, forza, and gears are probably going there anyways

Couple that with free online and cheaper games along with bc, no restricted mods, and emulation I think I'm good

Gonna be seeing what happens at e3
>>
>>339806957
Console games will work on any SKU or hardware revision. It's a model like the iPhone where software is compatible with device revisions for the past 5 years or so. People who want a better experience can buy a more recent revision of the hardware, but for the majority of people who don't care about that kind of thing, nothing will change. It's a no lose situation, it's irritating how PC gamers keep trying to paint this as a negative.
>>
>>339806442
>Mobile?
Yes.
>>
>>339806442
Scream no games all you want but I'll be getting Atelier Sophie, Guilty Gear, Odin Sphere remake, Star Ocean 5 and God Eater all this month
Stay assblasted :^)
>>
>>339807093
>Console games will work on any SKU or hardware revision.
Tell that to Hyrule Warriors on Old 3DS.
>>
>>339806697
>Unless you don't own every console

Why would I buy an inferior platform to play games I can play on PC ?

Only nintendo consoles are worth getting if you want both a console and PC.
>>
>>339807209
kill yourself
>>
>>339807276
spotted the sonygger.
>>
>>339806442
Pre-built PCs exist.
"Gaming" PCs exist.
>>
>>339807207
That's more Nintendo's fault than anything, not enforcing a 'you must release on all hardware revisions' policy and allowing the platforms to fragment
>>
>>339807207
Impressive one example, even then it does run on the o3ds.
To add though, I recall the older model 360s struggled to play some of the newer games but older 360s are fucking rubbish anyway.
>>
>>339807329
This, a friend of mine bought a gaming pc recently. He went to the store, asked for a gaming pc, picked literally the first thing shown to him by a store clerk (which by coincidence :^)))) happened to be the most expensive) and took it home.
>>
>>339807334
And you honestly think Microsoft and Sony won't do the same thing?

Hell even last generation games like GTA V struggled to play on the 360s that didnt' come with hard drives.
>>
>>339806957

Back the fuck off?
>>
>>339806442
>consoles
>dying
Based on what information? Damn this board is fucking retarded.
>>
>>339807480
Honestly, after the previous generation, where we had to put up with the same shithouse hardware for 8 or so years, I'm really not fussed that the console manufacturers are considering increasing the speed of hardware releases. If the alternative is occasional fragmentation, then wow, what a non-problem compared to trying to play AAA games in 2012 on 2005 hardware.
>>
>>339807587
>If the alternative is occasional fragmentation
This doesn't address my question of "What is the benefit over PC."

If you want more frequent upgrades and occasional fragmentation. That's PC.
>>
>>339807546
Is this a trick? This is a hypothetical dude.
>>
If console gaming dies out
Normies will just move to mobile
The rest will either
start playing on PC
stick to playing their backlog and old games
or find a new hobby
>>
>>339807660

a more realistic hypothetical is "if pc gaming dies out"
>>
>>339806904
for what?
>>
>>339806442
Stop making platform war shit
Kill yourself
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.