[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dark Cloud and Dark Cloud 2 will be on sale on PS4 soon. Should
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: dark-cloud-2-09-14-15-1.0.0.jpg (218 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
dark-cloud-2-09-14-15-1.0.0.jpg
218 KB, 1600x900
Dark Cloud and Dark Cloud 2 will be on sale on PS4 soon. Should I play the first game before jumping into the second, or would I be better off skipping it and going for the sequel right off the bat?
>>
>>339802124
I feel they're different enough to warrant a playthrough of both of them.
Think 2 is generally considered the better one, I may or may not agree with that.
>>
>>339802124
I hope there's a 3rd one someday. I need it after playing through 2 recently.
>>
>>339802371
Cross your fingers and hold your breath for ten days
>>
>>339802124
1 is a little rough around the edges. 2 is a much better game for the most part. Georama (town building) has some aspects that are better in the original.
>>
>>339802124
Story-wise the games are not connected, so you don't need to play the first to enjoy the second, which is way more polished. I'd say just go for the second.

I wanted to do the platinum for this but I got burnt out at the moonflower palace. I can handle only so much repetitive dungeons. Still, it's a great game.
>>
>>339802515
Moonflower suffered from what a lot of JRPGs suffer from, where their final dungeons are way too fucking long and kill the pacing of the story for their duration.
>>
Did they do anything to monster transformations or is it still something you use once for story and then forget they exist?
>>
>>339802124
I have both on PS4.

Solid 60 fps at all times, no drop (to be expected though).

Each are the definitive editions (i.e. Japanese versions that are English dubbed (i.e. More content)).

Still hold up to this day, and are solid RPG's (not stupid fucking grindfests with a shitty story).

Bosses are challanging, and you can play the way you want (can steamroll characters or balance them out).

The only downside, is that the dupe glitch and god weapon glitch for Dark Cloud was never weeded out (you can abuse and take the fun out of the game if tempted).

Otherwise, extremely good purchase and deal.
>>
File: image.png (505 KB, 626x336) Image search: [Google]
image.png
505 KB, 626x336
#triggerwarning
>>
>>339802371
Rogue galaxy is pretty much Dark Cloud 3, or at least the closest you will ever get to it.
>>
Addition of voice acting made quite a few cutscenes too cringey for my tastes.
>>
>>339802124
Dark Cloud 2 is a great game and isn't connected to the first one. Start with the second one, and if you really want to and have low expectations, play the first one afterwards.

>>339802639
I disagree wholeheartedly. Git gud.

>>339802787
Probably still requires too big an investment to be worth it.

>>339803064
Only that Rogue Galaxy sucks. Not in a good way.
>>
File: Tuck me in, let me die.gif (2 MB, 297x226) Image search: [Google]
Tuck me in, let me die.gif
2 MB, 297x226
>>339802967
>implying
Out of spite for my friends taunts, I fucking mastered Spheda. I could bank that shit across the fucking level with no problem.

Except for the FUCKING lava mountain. Lets take the rocky walls from the caves, that are impossible to bank accurately, and add pits around all the paths from the sewers.
>>
>>339803182
Even maxing out the transformations doesn't make them worth using. A real shame, because it's a fun mechanic.

>>339802967
>you have to do this horrendous minigame a thousand times to get all the medals
No, just no. I'd rather die.
>>
>>339802124
its on sale now if you have plus, I wanted to get these as well but I got an assload of games to get through
>>
>>339802124
>sale on PS4
Download the undub you fool.
>>
Is this series good for someone new to it?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.