[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Blue Team is back in action >Osiris is hunting for Chief
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
File: Halo 5.jpg (62 KB, 542x305) Image search: [Google]
Halo 5.jpg
62 KB, 542x305
>Blue Team is back in action
>Osiris is hunting for Chief
>directed by the guy behind Republic Commando
>focus tested by professional players
>beautiful AND 1080/60
How did a game with such a great concept and so many great bullet points end up as such a mediocre product?
I'm referring specifically to the campaign, here - the multiplayer is good but it is seemingly an entirely different experience from the campaign.
>>
File: 1447754900897.jpg (10 KB, 166x166) Image search: [Google]
1447754900897.jpg
10 KB, 166x166
>>339800390
I don't know what the fuck happened but everything about the campaign was fucking awful and I am genuinely mad that it happened. I will forever hold a fucking grudge against 343 for making such a retarded game. The only positive is that palmer shut her fucking mouth in this one. Their original characters are shit. Locke is shit. Waifu Spark is shit. Its all shit. FUCKING 343
>>
>>339800390
Isn't 343 owned by a chick?
>>
File: 1442003175864.png (9 KB, 426x364) Image search: [Google]
1442003175864.png
9 KB, 426x364
>>339800390
It was good, it just wasn't great.
>>
>>339800867
Nah man the campaign was pretty shit.
>>
>>339800390
>>focus tested by professional players
Right there. Anyone who thinks "pro" video game player opinions are worth shit is a fucking retard.
>>
>>339800390
>directed by the guy behind Republic Commando

Overrated game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSZkcAurCVE
>>
>>339800867
The Blue Team sections were great, the Osiris sections were shit.
A damn shame, too. If they had taken the drive from the Blue Team levels into the Osiris levels it could've been the best game in the series.
>>
>MCC on twitch barely has much viewers no matter the time of day

I guess Halo is kill ;_;
>>
File: 1452292164378.jpg (59 KB, 418x352) Image search: [Google]
1452292164378.jpg
59 KB, 418x352
>>339800860
Aren't you owned by my dick?
>>
>Bungie will never ever make another Halo

why live ;_;
>>
>>339800860
No she doesn't (own) it. She's just the figurehead friend. She also sees Halo 5 as a service.
>>
Everything about the game is pretty good except for the writing and the direction they took with the storyline.
>>
>>339801072
>Bungie will never ever make another Halo
Good. Bungie is shit now.
>>
>>339801072
Give up on them anon. Supposedly the guys that made Halo great are retired now. At least from what I read from another anon. Bungie also fired their best guy who did the music.

What we need is a spiritual successor to Halo. It sucks to see so much great Sci Fi vidya just shitting the fucking bed man. So much potential for greatness their and you have fags like 343 and Bioware just ruining promising series.
>>
>>339801298
>What we need is a spiritual successor to Halo
We have it, it's called destiny.
>>
>>339801072

Bungie is even worse than 343 these days. Honestly they fluked with Halo 1, was only big because it was the sequel to 1 and the first big game to be on Xbox Live, and Halo 3 was only big because it was the first Halo game on 360 and the only great FPS game on 360's Xbox Live until CoD4 came out.

I don't think Bungie will ever replicate their success in the original Halo trilogy, and IMO if Bungie made another Halo today it would be even worse than 343's new Halos.
>>
>>339801398
Destiny doesn't have that classic Halo gameplay. I like the easy to play gameplay of older Halo games. The simple controls made that series for me in a big way.
>>
>>339801072
good, I don't want nu-bungie anywhere near halo
>>
>>339800860
>>339801168
She's a producer. But you do have to admit that "Kiki Wolfkill" is a pretty good name
>>
>>339800390
They made Osiris and its characters that no one gives two shits about (Except Buck) the focus of the 4 hour campaign instead of the obvious choice of letting you go on an epic space romp with Chief and pals. 343 are a bunch of morons.
>>
my question is why didn't the make the story like sonic adventure 2 and have a proper dual campaign
>>
>>339800390
This guy says all that is wrong with Halo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwOfvQsKGwI
>>
>>339800390
Poor writing.
Halo 5 multiplayer is the best in the series, the campaign was absolute shit.
>>
>>339800390
We all knew the story was going to shit from what we saw in Halo 4. Cortana's whole shtick of "MUH A.I. LIFE" was pretty retarded.

I literally did not give two shits about Osiris besides for Buck. It's like they didn't even try to develop the other members or at least get us to try to like them. They did it spectacularly in ODST and Reach trying to get us to like a new cast of characters but they really dropped the ball on this one.

Blue Team was pretty great though. It was great for me and other book readers to finally see the other Spartans on the screen. Only problem was you only play like 3 missions of them.

I also felt like the whole campaign was just a rehash each level. Like the background and scenery was cool but it was the same "kill shit and move along" each level. There were really no memorable and unique missions.
>>
>>339803263
>Halo 5 multiplayer is the best in the series

If this was true the game would be in the top 10 for XBL. Halo 3 was for years until MW2 came along.
>>
>>339800962
Really nice bait there
>>
>>339800390
5 hour campaign, and even though the new trilogy was supposed to be called the MASTER CHIEF trilogy you only play MC for like 3 levels.

And the fucking hype around Locke fighting Chief culminated in a cutscene.
>>
>focus tested by professional players

There you go. Tryhard shits ruined the game all the way back in Halo 2 with the focus on SWAT.
>>
Ive been a fan of Halo since i was like 10(?), played them since Halo 1 first released. I even liked Halo 4, despite its flaws. I absorbed every bit of lore i could find, read every novel, comic, etc. I saw that where they were going with the story was fantastic.
But Halo 5? I was genuinely convinced that itd be the best game in the series to date. Fuck me in the ass, was i fucking wrong. Halo 5, or the writers specifically, single-handedly murdered any interest i had in the series. Its officially dead to me. Fuck 343, fuck Microsoft, fuck Xbox.

-A recent PS4/PC convert
>>
>>339801018
MCC barely has any fucking players let alone people watching it.
>>
>>339801791
>"Kiki Wolfkill" is a good name
On what fucking planet
>>
>>339805151
I'm like you expect I fucking despise everything about Halo 4, while I can tolerate 5 if only for the amazing forge and custom games
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.