[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why even play the base game when the better version exists?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (161 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
161 KB, 1280x720
Why even play the base game when the better version exists?
>>
what version is that?
>>
File: PB_TITLE2.jpg (1 MB, 1600x800) Image search: [Google]
PB_TITLE2.jpg
1 MB, 1600x800
>>339797330
Why even play the base mod when the better version exists?
>>
>>339797408
Brutal Doom, duh
>>
File: 1462244408563.png (9 KB, 426x364) Image search: [Google]
1462244408563.png
9 KB, 426x364
Why even play videogames when you're a faggot
>>
>>339797330
I sure love fucking ironsights and tacticool machine guns in DOOM.
>>
>Better version
>Nerfed SSG and BFG (instead of tracers it explodes, worst fucking shit)
>Durr realism v19 that ruined the entire purpose of the mod
>It took 3 years for the author to learn CVAR's to reduce blood and gore so it doesn't cripple on big wads
>speaking of big wads, the mod renders some classic megawads like Scythe 1&2, Alien Vendetta and even Plutonia unplayable because of the overbuffed hitscan mosters and reloads holding you back from the action, which is p tight in high monster counts.
>Screaming monsters 24/7 and gibbing them with weapons isn't worth the weight.
>Spaghetti code makes it unmoddable by rookie modders who simply want to do small tweaks and other "tweaked" brutal doom versions are their own thing (Sperglord edition, BDJ and Project Brutality) which even then, hit the mediocre levels that doesn't make it fun for the long term.
>Stupid shit like Ketchup might be not compatible with other wads despite being told it does.
>"But it has complex systems like headshots and different monster behavior!!"
>Headshots are basically pointless unless you're playing a baby-tier wad that has a maximum of 20 monsters per encounter and the different monster behavior is mostly special infighting (which i admit it looks cool as fuck) and barons going donkey kong mode and throw you barrels.

Nah mate, brutal doom did not improved shit and this also applies to any mod that renders megawads with high (but not as high as slaughterwads) monster counts unplayable is by default not good. And don't bring me the git gud card, i dare you to beat Scythe 1 in UV or UV-Fast with brutal doom
>>
>>339797330
Why fix something that is already perfect?
>>
>>339797330
>>339797458
>>339797504
Why play these when D44M exists
>>
>>339797330
If I wanted to play a shitty modernized version of Doom I would play Doom 3. Go fuck yourself retard.
>>
File: descentcover.jpg (28 KB, 400x494) Image search: [Google]
descentcover.jpg
28 KB, 400x494
>>339797330
Why play DOOM at all when pic related exists?
>>
>>339798453
>why play Game x when completely different Game y exists

You can only play the game you consider the best and nothing else?
>>
>>339798764
No, you're right. I'm only countering the Brutal Doom shitposting.

Descent is better, though
>>
>>339798453
Are you the same fucker that mentions Descent in every Doom thread? What is with your autism?
>>
>>339798929
No, but I have noticed that someone mentions it a lot in Doom threads. For good reason - I think fans of Doom should definitely try it.
>>
itt master baiter
>>
>>339799156
It's not even the same shit. You need to an hero already because I noticed you bring that game up one too many times in Doom threads so you are definitely the same autist doing it.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.