[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Doom sucks >all you do is run through corridors and shoot
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 7
File: doom-frontcover.jpg (81 KB, 351x500) Image search: [Google]
doom-frontcover.jpg
81 KB, 351x500
>Doom sucks
>all you do is run through corridors and shoot dozens of enemies
>it's repetetive and lacks new ideas
This sounds just like the old Doom. I guess the new gerneration doesn't appreciate running and gunning. That said I'll pick up my copy later this day. Can't wait to shoot thousands of enemies.
>>
>>339794786
They really should have put "rip and tear" as the subtitle or some shit to drive the feeling home.
https://youtu.be/jm2-1XNj3gM
>>
>>339795180
HUGE GUTS EDITION
>>
/v/ is full of retards and contrarians.

The new Doom is pretty good. It is highly rated among most who play it, critics, and has received a lot of sales. If it hits those three points, than it is overall a successful game.

It got a 91% rating on Steam.

Most critics gave it a very high rating.

It sold over 14,000 copies on Steam alone, and that's just by reviews. It's sold over 67% more copies in the first week than ALL of Doom 3 sales.

This game was the opposite of a failure. /v/ was truly BTFO here.
>>
I have played a doom game in over 10 years abd i only played doom 3 for like 20 minutes when it was released. I cant say i'm itchibg to play it. I just dont see the appeal of it
>>
>>339796606
>successful game
>popular game

I haven't played and thus will withhold judgment, but I would like to mention that neither of those things are a synonym for
>good game

also, I know that isn't the case, since who the fuck would do it on /v/ of all places, but citing sales statistics and critics just make you look like a shill.
>>
>>339795180
nahhhh DOOM: RIP & TEAR doesn't roll off the tounge as well as DOOM, and DOOM by itself in that particular font already sort of gets that message across. Couple that with the guitar riffs in the main menu music and it makes for badass title.

Still i think and probably everyone else thinks the alternate cover gets the premise of the game across infinitely better than 'space marine walks toward camera'. It's shame it's only a flip cover
>>
>>339796606
>>339797196
Who reads reviews? /v/ is like a parrot and copies the review statements.
>>
>>339794786
Sounds like call of duty or any shooter.

This conplaibts are valid for other games but suddenly forgivable in your nostalgia cashin?
>>
>>339794786
like running and gunning is even a bad thing. Doom does it good, so I don't really give a fuck.
>>
>>339794786
Doom's fun as shit, definitely the best modern fps I've played, next to Wolfenstein the new order. It's just fucken badass. Multiplayer is fun to wreck people in, but most people I know don't like it and say they aren't very good at it. On my 2nd play through, nightmare mode.
>>
>>339797626
Doom is known for being just running and gunning. Killing thousand of enemies. People complain that Doom plays like Doom.
>>
File: npc_malachie.png (5 KB, 96x96) Image search: [Google]
npc_malachie.png
5 KB, 96x96
>>339797891
>fucken badass

At least try to hide that you're underage
>>
File: 1381791463608.jpg (11 KB, 433x437) Image search: [Google]
1381791463608.jpg
11 KB, 433x437
>>339794786
as God intended
>>
>>339797527
(further thought)
Besides unnecessary colons always tend to come off as kind of cringe.
Take Halo 5 being called Halo 5: Guardians for example
It's one of the hundreds of reasons i will hate this game till the oceans boil over and the sun explodes. The second part serves basically no point to the story (it'd be like if they decided to call Halo 2 - Halo 2: Gravemind or something equally as absurd), at best it makes it look like side story to the main game (Halo 3: ODST) at worst it makes it look very full of itself by trying to stand out, it's a title with too many syllables, and it defers from the normal naming system for no reason.
>>
>>339797626
Mostly because it doesn't pretend it or you are there for anything more that "kill the demons". Hell, the first time you start to get any exposition, Doomguy just shoves the thing away. The second time he breaks the comm screen. All while radiating an "I don't give a single fuck about you or your plans. I'm here to kill shit. Either help me, or you're in my way." Vibe that really fits.
>>
>>339798512
What about the first title Halo: Combat Evolved?
>>
Doom 3 with mods is better.
>>
File: 1464916861325.png (568 KB, 586x738) Image search: [Google]
1464916861325.png
568 KB, 586x738
hdoom>Doom 2>Doom>NuDoom>Doom 3
NuDoom isn't bad, it's just not super amazing like the first 2.
>>
>>339794786
it's ok but it isn't "Doom"
there are lots of setpiece arenas rather than just straight up levels and they only throw a handful of enemies at you at any point
I'd say its repetitive but not in a good way since it never builds up to any kind of climax and it doesn't do anything new just borrows ideas from other successful games, everything in doom has been done better by other games at some point before it
i guess it's a pretty decent effort for A big studio in 2016 though
>>
>>339796606
While I love the game, trying to use positive reviews as a measure of it's quality is fucking stupid.
>>
>>339796606
>14,000 copies
In what world is this anything other than a commercial failure?
>>
>>339798594
That one was kind of necessary though for the japanese audience, you know to distinguish it as an FPS. Not only that but keep in mind in this day and age developers can release their games as just TITLE No. and people will get the gist of the game's premise, Halo by itself could refer to an angel's halo but by adding the CE you're conveying the message

DOOM didn't need one when it first came out cause' just by reading it you know that it's probably going to be hardcore
>>
File: d44mck.png (296 KB, 993x380) Image search: [Google]
d44mck.png
296 KB, 993x380
>>339796606
>Muh successful game!!
LMAO
>>
not a single webm, ever.
>>
It's a great game. /v/ is full of pretentious dumbasses who are completely incapable of recognizing a great game when they see it. Instead, they wait around hedging their bets for 7 years waiting to see how the consensus ultimately forms around it.

Then, once they've accepted that the game is great, they look at the next great game to come out and complain that games today are total shit, not like back in 2016 when the new DOOM came out.
>>
File: doomtaunt.webm (251 KB, 352x400) Image search: [Google]
doomtaunt.webm
251 KB, 352x400
>>339799573
I have one for you :)
>>
>>339798240
>Doom is known for being just running and gunning.Killing thousand of enemies
No it's not you faggot.
>>
>>339799143
>14K copies
>by steam reviews alone

Learn to read.

>>339799095
But it means that they liked it. It represents a ratio in which if 91% of these people like it, than that correlates to the total number.

>>339797196
That's why I posted that it got good reviews as well. And sales statistics prove that the game at least has a base merit, because people heard about it from friends or from other reviews saying it was good.
>>
>>339799536
What is this proving other than that I was right?
>>
>>339799801
>a shitty indie game made for jewtube views released at the same time sells as much as the "smash hit" AAA shooter in development for a decade
Proves your success ain't worth shit
>>
>>339799536
some edgy 2 dollar indie game selling less copies than a 60 dollar aaa title, are you trying to defend doom instead?
>>
>>339799968
>sells as much
>nearly a 100K difference

also

>different audiences

What are you trying to prove here?
>>
>>339799091
Pretty much this.
People are are sucking this games dick because the singleplayer FPS genre is fucking shit awful right now. It'd seem a lot more mediocre if the genre was in a better place right now.

Annoying how people keep saying it's Doom when it is only vaguely Doom, like it gets the general gist but it doesn't understand the details. The lack of enemies through-out a crafted level instead of set arenas a big one.
>>
>>339799968
>honda sells more cars than ferrari
lol ferrari btfo amirite lel XD XDXD
>>
>>339800167
That's actually a really good analogy, regarding both quality and price
>>
>>339800137
Oh wow really? So you're saying it's not literally an exact fucking carbon copy of every single part of the design of the original doom games, just with updated graphics? Well than that MUST mean it's mediocre!

Here's a fucking hint dipshits, the reason people LIKE this game so much is that it's not just an exact fucking direct copy of the old games.
>>
>>339800365
So being a carbon copy of Serious Sam or the Punisher games instead is fucking amazing revolutionary shit?
>>
Never played a DOOM game but I can already tell DOOM is far and above better than the original games. There's pretty much no reason to keep playing the old ones when the new one is bigger, darker, and sexier. I've already paid $60 for it and you should too.
>>
>>339800453
Absolutely nothing like serious sam.
>>
>>339800365
>OMG GUYS IT'S JUST LIKE DOOM!
Wait a minute you lying shit, this isn't just like Doom.
>WHAT YOU WANT A CARBON COPY OR SOMETHING!?
Go fuck yourself.
>>
>>339800472
Todd you didn't even work on this game.
>>
>>339800560
Nobody has said that the game is exactly the same thing as the original games. All the reviews and discussions of the game have focused on the ways that it is EVOCATIVE of the SPIRIT of the original games. You were not duped. People told you EXACTLY what it was.
>>
>>339794786

Sounds perfect to me. Actually refreshing for a change to not have to sit through tacked-on character development and a politically correct cast of characters in an irrelevant setting
>>
>>339800776
Nope, everyone keeps pushing the "ITS JUST LIKE DOOM!" angle. When it isn't.
>>
File: image.png (255 KB, 1280x760) Image search: [Google]
image.png
255 KB, 1280x760
>>339794786
I think people were just so butt hurt about the multiplayer that they thought the campaign was going to tank.
>>
>>339800167
sum1 leedit gold dis xDD
>>
So I've just recently started playing this game and uhhh the combat feels a bit weak? I like the movement and all but it feels a bit slow and the weapons feel really weak and floaty. It just wasn't very satisfying

Am I doing something wrong? The combat was the last thing I expected to be disappointing
>>
Why is this game so shilled? Bethesda published right? That might be why.
>>
>>339800953
If you listen to stupid people when making purchasing decisions, it's nobody's fault but your own.
>>
>>339801258
>implying i bought it
I didn't, I was skeptical of that bullshit and I was right.
>>
Why play this when the originals outshine it completely and still hold up really well with an incredible variety of mods. call id software now to order your copy.
>>
>>339795180
I really wish we had Fists as a weapon, outside of Berserker mode; or maybe turn power ups into a skill you could active after killing a ton of Demons.
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.