[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone playing the pre-alpha? I just tried it for the first time
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: unreal_tournament_alpha.jpg (346 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
unreal_tournament_alpha.jpg
346 KB, 1920x1080
Anyone playing the pre-alpha? I just tried it for the first time today, having only played Unreal Championship or some shit before.

It's really good
>>
>>339794060
I played a lot of 2k4, but haven't tried this one yet. I heard it had mouse problems, have they been ironed out? Something something acceleration or aiming or somethin'
>>
>>339794060
I didn't even know they were finally doing a new one.
>>
>>339794060
I thought it was pretty disappointing to be honest.
>>
It's like UT99 in UE4, of course it's good
>>
>>339794867
I didn't notice any problems, but I had mouse acceleration turned off. I'm guessing (from a quick Google) that the issue was that mouse acceleration was turned on for people, despite them turning it off.

I didn't notice any problems with it, though, so I assume it's fixed.
>>
>>339794867
I've heard a few people complain about the aiming being weird. Never had any problems with it though.
>>
>>339795096
Yeah, UE4 is nice. I am not running this game on a very powerful machine, yet I noticed no problems. Seems very optimized.
>>
>>339794060
I love it but they're not advertising and it seems like they want the community to make all the content for them so there is barely anyone playing. I hope it doesn't die but there ishould only so much a player can do.

>>339794867
Not open but I haven't noticed anything, buttery smooth so far.
>>
>>339795393
Is only*

Unless I'm looking in the wrong areas servers are pretty barren/not many people playing.
>>
>>339795393
I wish more people played the team last-man-standing mode (forgot what it's called). I think that's my favorite mode.
>>
>>339794060

>free to play

ahaha doesn't matter how good it is.
>>
>>339795720
It's just the pre-alpha that's free. The final version won't be F2P.
>>
>>339794060
>Pre-Alpha
Is this even a thing?
>>
>>339796982
yes, its when you are almost at the alpha and then you dont
>>
>>339796982
Apparently. It's surprisingly polished for a pre-alpha, though, and they have lots of maps.
>>
File: 1453830739501.webm (489 KB, 202x360) Image search: [Google]
1453830739501.webm
489 KB, 202x360
>>339795797
it will be f2p at final too retard

read the news sometimes faggot
>>
>>339797535
>Epic Games stressed the point that it will be just free not free-to-play, meaning there will be not microtransactions or gameplay-affecting items. To pay for the game, it will eventually create a marketplace where developers, modders, artists, and players can buy and sell mods and content, or just give it away for free

Okay, we'll wait and see. Still fun to play right now.
>>
I can't get it to launch. Some shit about a missing .dll file or something.
>>
>>339798321
Maybe try to run as administrator?
>>
>>339798321
you prolly missing Visual C++ Redistributable Packages
>>
>>339796982
>>339797321
It's been at "pre-alpha" at about 2 years now, I wouldn't take their development terms seriously.

The game has many issues, you'll understand if you play it.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.