[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have 350 hours in this game, but I always quit at Hard mode.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 12
File: 24663236236.jpg (96 KB, 616x353) Image search: [Google]
24663236236.jpg
96 KB, 616x353
I have 350 hours in this game, but I always quit at Hard mode. I don't mean the new setting they have, I mean that world-wrecking Hard Mode that utterly shatters the comfy, quasi-plausible setting by loading it with over the top bullshit that destroys the biomes and all that.

Is there any fucking solution out there? Some middle ground? Or do I just have to bite the bullet?
>>
Create a separate world for hardmode so you don't have to feel bad about destroying the world you care about.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (290 KB, 1064x851) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
290 KB, 1064x851
Clentaminator can change huge chunks of land into whatever biome you choose.

Alternatively, get a map editor and just toggle it to hard mode, or do a mass replace of all the affected blocks back to normal.

For more legit methods, you can just nuke the area surrounding your home like I did, or just do this >>339789246
>>
Hardmode for challenge
Normal for comfy
>>
>>339789246
Probably what I'm gonna end up doing. Make some throwaway world, do hardmode, and ditch it.

Feels retarded, but oh well.
>>
File: weskur.jpg (19 KB, 558x529) Image search: [Google]
weskur.jpg
19 KB, 558x529
>>339789005
>grinding for ankh charm
>have everything but megaphone
>42 clocks and still no megaphone
God fucking dammit
>>
>>339789475
Isn't like a 3 wide gap sufficient to stop spread?
>>
>>339790960
Something like that although I swear i've seen it hop 5 tiles, hence the little pillar to the right of the tree. That was the initial stopgap I had before I started the blasting operation.
>>
>>339789005
How do you put in 350 hours pre hard mode when it only takes 45 minutes to beat wall of flesh casually?

If you want to build stuff, play minecraft.

Terraria is for fightan and explorin
>>
>>339789005
I get it. Pre-hardmode is comfy as hell. Wraiths don't fly into your underground bunkers, wyverns don't decide to rape your NPCs, day is not a potential threat of mothrons and reapers annihilating everything in sight, you don't have the nightly chances of a mech boss spawning on your face, and goblin summoners won't infuriate you.

But it's not like it's impossible to be comfy in Hardmode. In fact, that's pretty much what fishing runs are for. Fish for crates to get your hardmode ores, and smashing the altars won't give you random nightly mech bosses or random pirates, and the only corruption / hallow spread will be from pre-existing corruption and the new strips spawned on hardmode. Fish for reaver sharks to skip shadow orbs and you won't have random goblins fucking your shit or meteors leaving ugly craters in your world. Hell, you can just do that stuff on another world then bring the loot back to yours.

Keep in mind that defeating Plantera slows down biome spread somewhat to more manageable levels.
>>
>>339791183
The corruption can jump three tiles in normal mode. It increases to five tiles in hard mode. So you should make your stopgaps at least five tiles wide.
>>
File: arabian palace.png (2 MB, 8150x2527) Image search: [Google]
arabian palace.png
2 MB, 8150x2527
>>339792086
Terraria has better buildin' in vanilla, though. Minecraft can do it grander, but Terraria can do it more detailed.
>>
>Play through the game every time there's a new major patch
>Have spent 600+ hours on it so far
>Start a world on expert after 1.3.1
>Bosses deal ridiculous damage and are almost impossible unless you use elaborate setups with campfires, heart statues, and honey baths AND drink every buff potion there is

It's just not fun. I don't want to have to spend over an hour obtaining ingredients for the potions I'll need to use against Skeletron only to fail and have to do it all over again. I started on expert because I thought there'd be a lot of new items. There are just a few new items, and none of them are really worth it.
>>
>>339793474
I play Expert because I like taking it slow. I like preparing. I like building every facility in the game I'm going to need ahead of time. I like making arenas.

I take the Monster Hunter approach to Expert Mode bosses. I learn their patterns and weaknesses, and I make sure to bring everything I could conceivably need, even if I don't have to use it.

Always remember that you can move the Nurse to new homes, and don't be fucking shameful about it either - that's what she's THERE for. If you try to overuse her, bosses will inevitably bodycheck her into oblivion, so it's not like she's some kind of easy cheese. Building her a home under my bed spaced so that she will always stand in one place and I can just mirror to it for a quick heal up is a great way to get a fight back on track.
>>
>>339790450
Fucking armor polish, man. I know that feel.
>>
Unrelated: I kind of liked wiring shit up in Terraria even before 1.3.1, actuating stuff and making liquid duplicators was my jam, but holy shit The Grand Design is so fucking good and makes every possible thing you could with wiring 50x easier.

Also, while conveyor belts can't be used for enemies (like honey blocks, fucking why) they can be used to bring over the items they drop. Good stuff.

>>339794213
>build an arena in a server so a guy can farm armoured skeletons for armour polish by measuring out distance using the ruler function of Grand Design to remove obstacles from spawning enemies and block off areas they could potentially spawn and get stuck in
>take like 20-30 minutes to build it excluding food and bathroom breaks
>the moment everything's measured out and the protective house is completed a polish drops
>then 2-3 more after that
It just makes the effort feel a teensy bit pointless, y'know?
>>
>>339794437
Also adding on to my post:

>architect gizmo pack can now toggle automatic paint sprayer
HALLE-FUCKIN'-LUJAH
>>
>>339793474
You just turned me off of trying expert mode
>>
who no crafting run here?

even normal mode becomes an ordeal when you have to delve into hell to get furniture for npc houses, and all your weapons and armor comes from drops.
>>
are there any sex mods?
>>
File: disappointed dad.jpg (127 KB, 512x1000) Image search: [Google]
disappointed dad.jpg
127 KB, 512x1000
>>339795223
>>
File: Lia 6786.jpg (14 KB, 396x232) Image search: [Google]
Lia 6786.jpg
14 KB, 396x232
>>339793474
play normal and beat starlord.
make stardust armor and the stardust staff

go into expert wreck EVERYTHING with the dragon
only expert starlord will require some skill/arena setup.
>>
>>339794789
He's exaggerating.

EoC can be done with just a fairly flat track of land (or even a platform like in the old days) and some hermes boots.

EoW is as dumb as ever.

Skeletron can be tanked through by just clicking at the nurse when he's shitting homing skulls and kiting otherwise like normal.

Wall is still runfast.

Kill Skeletron for first mech boss, he's the simplest and least changed

Use asphalt to outrun flame charge fucker twin and a simple, nine block half-square overhead to block out laser spam fucker twin.

Destroyer's the biggest asshole but can be managed with:
>Melee : Fetus Bagknockers or Flying Knife plus defence and defensive potions
>Ranged : Daedalus Stormbow + Holy Arrows, gatligator + explosive bullets, dart pistol/rifle + crystal darts
>Magic : Magical Harp (like the old days), Shadowflame Hexdoll
Also put nurse somewhere close by that Destroyer can't reach, but isn't so far away that visiting her will despawn him.

Plantera is literally just circle around it. Even the new snappy claws can't hurt you if they can't hit you.

Golem is Golem.

It's mostly things after this that get kind of crazy and need crazy prep.
>>
>>339795823
Queen Bee though I strongly suggest having bone javelins for though. Anything that can apply dot is fine but bone javs are best.
>>
>>339794549
It's the little things that matter, yaknow?
>>
>>339795823
>Fetus Bagknockers
What.
>>
>>339796168
You know? The Fetish Ballknockers?
>>
>>339796168
The Farted Bratwurst?
>>
>>339796246
No.
I have never heard of this item in 400 hours.
>>
>>339796168
Futa Blowjobs
>>
File: Fetid_Baghnakhs_Animated.gif (225 KB, 180x230) Image search: [Google]
Fetid_Baghnakhs_Animated.gif
225 KB, 180x230
>>339796332
They come from Crimson Mimics.
>>
File: knoife.jpg (91 KB, 728x546) Image search: [Google]
knoife.jpg
91 KB, 728x546
>>339796459
oh fuck look at that speed.
>>
>>339795823
>tfw I stopped playing at plantera last time
I don't know if I have the autism to start fresh this year, maybe next year
>>
>>339796168
>>339796246
>>339796330
>>339796332
>>339796406
http://terraria.gamepedia.com/Fetid_Baghnakhs
>>
>>339796783
1.3.2 will probably be out by october or christmas and you'll either have some new underground desert content, or a new mini-event, or both.
>>
File: BViDDA9.gif (2 MB, 400x219) Image search: [Google]
BViDDA9.gif
2 MB, 400x219
>>339796827
>>
>>339796459
>Fetid Baghnakhs
Oh, those.
The way you used the word Bagknockers and the like, I thought it was a flail and got deeply confused.
I'm not hip with the memes.
>>
>>339795823
Destroyer is insanely easy with a floating sky box.
>>
>>339789475
Clentaminator juice is expensive af in large quantities tho, even the normal one.

Not to mention you can miss some chunks of corruption.
>>
>>339797092
How to Clentaminate:
1. Get money from your Ocean Farm.
You DID remember to cut off one of the Oceans from the Hallow and Corruptions, right?
2. Buy Spray
3. Mine a straight path every ~50 blocks across the area you want to clean
4. Run along each path spraying once up and once down
5. Profit.
>>
File: pansage.png (310 KB, 500x1000) Image search: [Google]
pansage.png
310 KB, 500x1000
>just hit expert hardmode for the first time
>mage run so I craft/find all the magic weapons I can
>get fully geared up, decide to go after destroyer first because I usually have no problems with him
>mfw he kicks my ass with the 2hu tier bullet spam
>>
File: 1455488396891.png (202 KB, 365x363) Image search: [Google]
1455488396891.png
202 KB, 365x363
>wanted to play terraria really badly but couldn't bring myself to do so
>decide to mod it
>suddenly spend several days playing the game
>1.3.1 comes out before i even got to endgame and fucks up tModLoader
>don't want to go back and play to endgame because it feels worthless at this point
>pretty much all the other mods look like shit
>tfw
>>
While I kind of understand what they're going for with the current classification of melee weaponry

>things you hold (swords, hammers, axes, even if they discharge othter things)
>things that are connected to your hand (flails, yo-yos, chain guillotine)
>things that return (boomerangs, chakram, flying knife, possessed hatchet)
>things that in real life may come in forms that could be used in a close-quarters fashion (javelins, knives, boomerangs, chakram)

I do kind of wish that they'd stick to something a bit more traditional in the sequel. I'd like to see charging with a shield become a more common function of the melee class, rather than be limited to an accessory and one endgame melee armor that's frankly kind of not great.

Charging huge swords to come crashing down for loads of burst damage (that can automatically trigger when you charge into enemies), auto-stabbing spears, belmont-like control of flails (with speed-calculated bonus damage), floating swords that circle around you, magic swords leaving damage trails that you need to goad enemies into instead of firing things at them, shit like death scythe causing energy scythes to grind on an enemy and hurt things that get close, and other fun stuff.

>>339797427
That's why I stay away from modding games I really, really like, like Terraria. No matter what happens, the vanilla game will always feel lesser if the mod is actually good. With shit like Minecraft it's no problem because Minecraft's a worthless fuckshit with ass-tier progression and no significant substance to it.

The one time I modded Terraria is because it worked with an adventure map that came with the mod, so it felt like a Terraria-like experience rather than Terraria proper. Also this was like, 1.1 or 1.2.
>>
>>339797427
What are the good Terraria mods?
>>
>Summoner is completely unfun to play as until Hardmode, and only gets accessories post plantera
>You physically can't run a throwing set in hardmode.

I hope if they will still add a few items into the game, at least make early game summoner fun and lategame throw possible.
>>
>>339799347
Summoner straight up isn't a class until hard mode.
>>
>>339800938
>implying BEES isn't a class

After the meme wears off, it just becomes frustrating.
>>
>>339790450
>it's a "stroll by underground crimson and spot vitamins next to a pit of lava" episode
yes
>>
>>339799347
Throwing is kind of a meme early game non existent class since all late game melee weapons are basically throwing weapons.
>>
>>339789005
I kind of want to try making a game like Terraria but I don't know what I could do differently to make it interesting.
>>
How do I fuck golem up?
>>
File: Moon_Lord.png (130 KB, 300x275) Image search: [Google]
Moon_Lord.png
130 KB, 300x275
>>339795740
>starlord
don't you mean moonman?
Also we all agree he's just not that good of a final boss right?
>>
>>339803702
How come?
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.