[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you feel about Luke?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 5
File: Luke.jpg (62 KB, 736x527) Image search: [Google]
Luke.jpg
62 KB, 736x527
How do you feel about Luke?
>>
I couldn't bear the game because I just couldn't stand any of his whining. It's even worse that we both have the same name.
>>
>>339785554
he gets better
>>
wish he stayed a cunt the whole game, the brooding shit gets old real fast
>>
Okay character growth, dumb outfit.
>>
>>339784940
He was better when he was 4th wall breaking asshole.

after haircut is just JRPG protagonist #4599642387
>>
>>339784940
Amazing character development.
>>
>take somewhat interesting character
>turn him into the most generic JRPG character ever
God FUCK Abyss' plot with a rake.
>>
Made me want to kill myself because of his miserable whining. I dropped the game when the token super annoying loli joined the party.
>>
>Luke is a completely insufferable cunt with no sense of tact.
>Of course /v/ likes him.

You people, I swear.
>>
>>339784940
Has good character growth, but really overplayed his circumstances after his haircut.
>>
I find it funny that people drop the game before he develops, and hate him for being a cunt.

Then he develops and broods, and the people that made it that far hate him for entirely different reasons, and a lot of them like him as a cunt.

Luke never wins.
>>
One of the worst characters next to Natalia, literally just play Anise or Luke if you want to melee and beat the shit out of everyone
>>
>whiny faget 40% of the game
>turns into generic heroic JPRG protag at the halfway point
>Dull as shit the rest of the game

I honestly can't be the only one that liked him as a selfish cunt more, can I? so fucking tired of all these generic protags, so boring and dull
>>
Wasn't he a literal 7 year old? And yet everyone treated him like a retard and then he just turns into a bigger bitch.
>>
>>339786929
Yes
>>
He was better as an asshole.
>>
File: 1381236605150.png (28 KB, 560x407) Image search: [Google]
1381236605150.png
28 KB, 560x407
I like him a lot.
I thought that his initial personality was pretty unique for a JRPG protagonist. It was fun to watch him fuck up all over the place. I also enjoyed a rotten brat having such a strong negative reaction to violence in a series where perfectly behaved angel children often wouldn't even bat an eye at murder.
And when he developed, I found it satisfying to watch him genuinely care for the people he'd clashed so hard with, and to slowly come to realize that his own life had value, too.

I totally get why he's hated but I can't agree at all.
>>
>>339784940
he grows as a character, but for the first chapters, he's an unlikable cunt
>>
>>339784940
>>339786197
>Luke never wins
This. He's a good guy when all is said and done. Insufferable cunt at first but his development is palpable. His original hairstyle was shit, thank god he cut it.
>>
Loved him.

Gets shit on by everyone during his whiny twat stage, then gets his just deserts when he fucks up royally, has to deal with the ramifications from discovering his relationship with his clone, and actually ends up being a pretty cool dude by the end.

Abyss is my favorite tales game.
>>
Great protagonist. Fantastic game.

TotA is the MGS2 of JRPGs.
>>
I really did enjoy how Luke was quite literally a manchild. Neat twist in terms of the protagonist.
Is the 3DS version of Abyss any good?
>>
>>339784940
I don't feel anything about Luke. He doesn't leave too lasting of an impression.
>>
>>339790042
I haven't played the PS2 version to compare but I ran into no problems aside from some odd framerate drops in some parts of the overworld. Nothing too serious, nothing that hurt actual gameplay. I've heard the loading times are much better on the 3DS too.
>>
>>339787265
Pretty much what this anon said.
>>
>>339785554
>judging a character 5 hours in to a 100 hour game
He is pretty bro.
>>
>>339784940
Liked him but I thought his appearance was stupid as fuck with the whole stomach showing all game.
>>
>going out of your way to like or dislike a character
>not just understanding that this is the way the character was written

Autistas seem to think Luke acted like that ONLY to them
>>
>>339790652
He's whiny for a good 8-11 hours depending on how much grinding you like to do
>>
>>339791282
Are you by chance retarded?
>>
>>339784940
I liked him, pre and post haircut. I thought him handling the news about slowly dying was interesting.
>>
>>339791445
No are you?
I always over grind in tales games.
Helps get past some of the more tedious fights.
>>
I don't like Luke but I think he got way too much shit from the party when they ALL know he's a clone and is mentally 7 years old. It wouldn't be so bad if people didn't let Anise off the hook and never mentioned the fact she got the fucking magic Pope killed.
>>
>>339787265
This pretty much sums it up for me.

>>339786197
>Then he develops and broods,
And he has legit reasons too. It would be one thing if he was just depressed for no reason, but him trying to make up for his mistakes while trying to come to terms with his Identity as a replica all while dealing with his body breaking down would be enough to make anyone feel like shit. Luke doesn't get enough credit.
>>
>>339787265

There's a difference between not liking him and thinking he's a bad character.
>>
>>339791596
All of them had no way of knowing he was a clone when he accidentally on purpose dropped that mine into the miasma.
all of them except Jade who was the one who started the it's all lukes fault parade
>>
>>339792107

Tear for sure knew, as did Guy.
>>
Abyss is clearly the best tales.

But Chloe is clearly the best talesfu.
>>
>>339792592
>But Chloe is clearly the best talesfu.
Slow down there buddy, I think you meant Farah.
>>
>>339784940
Good character that gets shat on for no reason.

>Fuck you luke its your fault that the continent got destroyed despite you being a literal 7 year old, who we tell nothing, who we constantly bitch at, and then got deceived by the one person who treated you with some respect and kindness. I mean, we COULD have told you about those machines, and that WOULD have prevented you from being tricked, but its still all your fault.
>>
How did a series so filled to the brim with weebshit and cliches manage to put out a genre-defying one-hit-wonder like Tales of the Abyss?
>>
>>339794142

Characters that weren't completely retarded for once. Actual good plot. Great emotion and interaction between characters.
Idk man. Lots of good shit. Now look what we get. Hope you enjoyed it cause we're never getting it back.
>>
>>339793573
Isn't farah the ditzy who ended up admitting she forgot to wear panties?
>>
>>339790042
Framerate in-battle is worse.
Controls are worse to me. Using the touch screen for shortcuts doesn't feel as responsive as having them on the right stick.

The loading times are way better though, like, insanely better.
The framerate on the world map is better too.

Other than that they're basically identical.
>>
>>339790042
Emulating TotA on a good rig >> 3DS version >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> on an actual PS2
>>
>>339794531
No
>>
>>339794142
I don't know man. I keep trying to play new Tales games but almost every single one of them is unbearable. Every character just feels ripped straight from a B-anime and none of them have the great detailed world building that Abyss does.

I also tend to like Abyss' gameplay more than most of the newer ones since it was more focused on team synergy and party development than cuhrazy SSStylish combos that amount to little more than hammering a single button.
>>
I thought he was the funnest character to play as once you got a hang of the field of fonons thing and that Abyss had the funnest battle system
>>
>>339784940
>act 1
i liked him. he was a sheathed nobel that had no idea how the outside world works and he soddenly thrown into it was both interesting and funny to watch. he was an asshole but thats understandable.

>act 2
he finally decides to grow up and take responsibility for his actions. i liked he stop acting like a child when you find out his actually 7 years old

>act 3
he started to got worse. he became suicidal and wanting to become a an hero. this is were he became your typical mc.

overall, he was a good character and more devs should try making more characters like luke.
>>
>>339784940
Literally forced "character development"
Worst tales game in the series (excluding legendia) by far and this is the worst character in the game.
>>
>>339794391
>characters that werent retarded

See >>339793989
>>
I actually just beat this a few days ago. Was that him at the end or not?
>>
>>339799674
The beauty of the ending is the ambiguity. But I lean towards yes.
>>
>>339799830
But it's also shitty because that means like no closure
>>
>>339794142
Goddamn Abyssfags are stupid.
>>
>>339799906
The entire theme of the game is about individuality. What more to end it off than make you wonder if the main character, who eventually became a person of his own through his journey, came back as the Luke we all knew him to be? That sort of lesson doesn't need closure, but it does make it bittersweet.

I think Mr.Ending is half of both anyway.
>>
>>339800052
>I think Mr.Ending is half of both anyway.

That's honestly horrifying to me, personally, considering their character resolutions were all about finally realizing that they were separate people.
>>
>>339784940
Abyss is my favorite, which other tales are close to this one?

I've only played Phantasia, Vesperia and SymphoniaDidn't get past the first couple hours of it's sequel, the monster gimmick was shit.
>>
>>339799674
him and asch became one person.
>>
>>339800668
The ones you played.

You've experienced the entire high point of this series.
>>
>>339799674
Just like the world is bound to the score, the game is bound to an already written script.

At the end, when the characters reject the score, the game's story no longer has a definite, pre-written plotline.

It's up to you as the player to decide.
>>
>>339793989
>>339798106
How does it feel to be wrong? It's explicitly addressed in the game.

Does anyone have the in-game screenshots when Jade says that "this time [referring to a sidequest], just like Akzeriuth, if I hadn't wanted to avoid the trouble of giving a long explanation disaster could have been avoided?"

It's followed immediately by him saying "I didn't scold you [Luke] for wrecking Akzeriuth, but rather for whining and showing an inability to change."

If that's not enough, watch the original destruction of Akzeriuth scene again. No one shits on Luke they're just shocked at what's happened because nobody thought Van would betray them save for Tear who suspected it but didn't think he'd do something this drastic. However when he goes 'me me me' with his 'it's not my fault' that's the exact moment where Jade says something, with a quip about not being in the mood for listening to childish rants and then walking away.
>>
File: 1464893521600.png (349 KB, 700x472) Image search: [Google]
1464893521600.png
349 KB, 700x472
>you will never play Tales of the Abyss for the first time again
>>
File: 1384765727944.jpg (220 KB, 625x922) Image search: [Google]
1384765727944.jpg
220 KB, 625x922
>>339803013
that could be said about all my favorite games
>>
>>339784940
He ruined the game. I just couldn't take it. He is the stupidest most insufferable MC I have ever seen. Just why? Why would they do that? Even the other characters were pissed at him.
>>
>>339803331
He's like, 7 and been locked up in a mansion his entire life. What were you expecting?
>>
>>339803417
It's justifiedish. But I don't want to deal with it. I'm here to relax not deal with whining every 5 seconds.
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.