[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dwarf Fortress stories thread? I only recently started playing,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6
File: dwarf.png (3 KB, 660x360) Image search: [Google]
dwarf.png
3 KB, 660x360
Dwarf Fortress stories thread?

I only recently started playing, so I don't have any good ones yet.
>>
Bubump since I'm interested.
>>
I was really into it but I couldn't for the life of me get a farm going, even after many tries and guides.
>>
>>339783198
Put a farm plot down and change every season to plump helmet?
>>
C'mon I'm bored, give me some of your stories.
>>
>>339783198
b p uuukkk over soil or dirt or whatever isn't rock or metal
haven't played in a while, q?
b enter
c enter
d enter
make sure someone has farming enabled
have cock seeds
>>
Trying to get into adventure mode and am complete newb even after reading the wiki extensively. I think part of the problem is I can't tell what anything fucking is. Any good tilesets that are easy enough to install?
>>
>>339786621
There is one, but a lot of people says that it has a trojan.

Just use the k key to look around a lot, you'll get used to it.
>>
I haven't played in a year. Is therapist up to date and some of the bugs fixed since the last big update?
>>
>>339786743
Alright, I thought I would have to do that anyway. It's just a bit annoying when i still havent memorized the controls and on top of that I can't tell what is an npc and what is a bit of grass. My ultimate goal is to make a super edgelord character and kill off the entire gameworld, any tips?
>>
>>339782686
I think I got about 3 hours into this game before I had no idea what to do next, everyone was running out of food and I couldn't figure out how to get more. I didn't have seeds or anything. Besides that it seems like it would be great.

I don't know why the creator hasn't spent time trying to make the interface better, or more user friendly at all. The fact that Dwarf Therapist is pretty much required at this point is pretty dumb as well.
>>
I once created a danger room designed to murder everyone, but instead I only killed the children and animal and in the process created an army of super soldiers who some how became legendary comedians because of it.
>>
>>339782686
>create a castle abode ground
>7x7 towers on edges
>training only sharpshoters
>globin ambush
>put marksdwarf on tower
>they don't fucking shoot through the fortifications
>removed them
>4 dwarfs falls dodgind globin's bolts
>surviving dwarfs didn't restock quivers
>lose
i was beyond mad
>>
File: surgery.png (56 KB, 1225x297) Image search: [Google]
surgery.png
56 KB, 1225x297
>>
I once had a fort with a lot of and defenses, but no military at all. I dug deep to where lava was, and set up a lava forge. I kept digging, and found adamantine. I set up a bridge so the demons couldn't get to the rest of my fort. I dug through the wall, and unleashed hell. My miners died instantly, and demons started filling the bottom of the cave. Suddenly, I got a message that my forge was destroyed. Demons started flying through the lava to get through the hole left by the forge, and all of my dwarves died before I could tell what happened. That was my last good fort
>>
File: dwarf coma.png (70 KB, 656x618) Image search: [Google]
dwarf coma.png
70 KB, 656x618
>>
File: 1458363485326.gif (104 KB, 500x370) Image search: [Google]
1458363485326.gif
104 KB, 500x370
>dwarf fortress threads showing up way more often right when I start to getting into the game
anons... I think I'm magic.
>>
File: Shiny and Chrome.jpg (36 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Shiny and Chrome.jpg
36 KB, 1280x720
>>339787932
>>
File: average day in dwarf fortress.webm (3 MB, 640x266) Image search: [Google]
average day in dwarf fortress.webm
3 MB, 640x266
>start new adventure mode
>spawn on roof in village
>jump off
>break both legs
>bleed out

gg no re
>>
>>339789182
What is this stupid bullshit and why do I want more.

I know the hobbit movies are hot garbage, but is there any game aside from Dorf Fort where I can find this level of Fine Dwarven Engineering?
>>
>dwarf fortress both modes in a shellnut
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjHclWPVij0
>>
>>339788564
I just started getting into the game too.

I've been having to use the wiki's guide to get me though it.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.