[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are the Arkham games so easy?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 10
File: arkham shitty.jpg (294 KB, 1379x980) Image search: [Google]
arkham shitty.jpg
294 KB, 1379x980
Why are the Arkham games so easy?
>>
Mass appeal
>>
they're made for idiots

honestly the most boring combat system I've ever seen
>>
Because the are made for millennials who don't actually like video games. This is why games like Asscreed and The Witcher 3 are top sellers.
>>
Hit,win hit, win repeat until next triple A bullshit
>>
Because it would be easy for Bat-God
>>
>>339779776
Actually it should be super hard cause he's human
>>
Because they are for normies like my dad.
>>
>>339780079
No, it should be easy, it's Batman
>>
>>339779084
is this City? why does the model look so bad?

Combat challenges are tougher in AA anyway, there's less leeway in that game. try the Predator campaigns in City and tell me they're "easy".
>>
>>339780480
>is this City? why does the model look so bad?

It's Arkham City. All of the DLC costumes look kind of shit.
>>
>>339780480
>why does the model look so bad?

its an "old" costume
>>
>>339780480
>try the Predator campaigns in City and tell me they're "easy".

The only one that was hard was the final predator challenge and rightfully so, but only because of a bunch of retarded gimps.
>>
why are western game developers so bad at making action games?
>>
>>339779084
Because Batman was prepared
>>
>>339781692
nice joke
>>
File: Screenshot (100).png (1 MB, 1360x658) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (100).png
1 MB, 1360x658
wow all the batman haters
>>
>>339781939
no seriously, any game with melee combat is just awful when made by westerners. it's like they don't understand animation or player control or something.

they're usually overly automatic where you just quicktime event to watch the hero win (assassin's creed, batman, ryze, witcher, etc.)
>>
>>339782195
the witcher
>>
>>339782393
Witcher games have awful combat
>>
>>339782592
looks like you are just shit at the game fuck off weeb
>>
>>339782659
Defend Quen
>>
>>339782393
someone actually likes the combat in the witcher? never thought I'd see the day. Try playing dark souls or monster hunter before posting.
>>
>>339779084
Because the combat is a series of quicktime events disguised as a fist fight.
>>
>>339782790
ok dont brake the game for yourself you sound like somebody that gets the most powerful weapon in a game and bitches that it's too easy
>>
>>339779084

Because they're supposed to make you feel like an unstoppable expert martial artist who kick asses with no effort.

I actually love the basic idea of it's combat system, just need some tweaks to make it great instead of just serviceable. I like it more than combo based combat systems (like Ninja Gaiden), because you end using the most useful combo.
>>
>>339782865
lots of people do fuck off
>>
Press the X X X and you will be sucked.
>>
>>339779084
because two button rhythm games on easy are generally easy
>>
>>339779084
because you're batman, a martial artist who has been training his whole life and has cutting edge gadgets to boot, and your opponents are untrained thugs
>>
>>339783396
why does he dress up as an animal? is he a furry?
>>
>>339783548
would he die if you take his suit off?
>>
You are playing as the God Damned Batman.
What the fuck to you expect?
>>
Started as a stealth game with easy brawl mechanics to add variety. It wasn't supposed to be the core gameplay.
>>
>>339783747

The combat actually started as some sort of musical thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPYBTPBlG30
>>
>>339783747
so what's the excuse for the stealth part being so easy?
>>
>>339784216

The excuse: Batman.

Also, in Asylum is not that easy (you don't have smoke there, the batarangs don't stun bad guys if you are under fire), and it would be even better if not was for those damm gargoyles.
>>
>>339779084

By design?

No one has ever claimed that they're difficult. They are pretty fun though.
>>
>>339779084
those predator challenges in city where a fucking pain

I did them all eventually and got the platinum, but I ran out of steam for Asylum.
I'll get it one day.
>>
>>339785517

This. Fucking tryhards. It's like games should always be hard to be good.
>>
Batman combat would be fine if they'd make the gadgets a lot stronger
As it is there's no real point to doing anything but pressing X and countering or dodging sometimes
>>
>>339785768
it has to at least require some input, else you may as well just watch it on youtube

games like batman basically play themselves
>>
File: 1457893629743.gif (2 MB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1457893629743.gif
2 MB, 500x500
I enjoy the challenge of the game when the hit indicator is turned off, and even with them on, a variety of enemies (like shields and stun batons) can be genuinely difficult.
>>
don't you just wait for an enemy to attack, press the counter button, and repeat until you win?
>>
>>339785820
thats accurate to Batman canon though, his gadgets are never what brings the bad guys down. They are more for utility than attack.
He literally punches them all with his Ninjitsu shit, thats how he brings people down.

now whether that makes a good video game or not depends on who you ask, but it is accurate to Batman.
>>
>>339785891

Nice meme, dunkey, but we both know the "play itself" thing it's a lie.
>>
>>339786002
some enemies arent counterable and I don't think counters actually damage enemies
>>
>>339783046
But the game isn't an automobile
>>
>>339786002

Nope, unless you are fighting more than two unarmed enemies.
>>
File: dank.gif (135 KB, 476x394) Image search: [Google]
dank.gif
135 KB, 476x394
>>339779084
>Start a new game
>Set it to difficult
>???
>Profit
maybe you're just too dumb to figure this shit out yourself OP
I'm surprised you beat the game on easy
>>
File: XrM0X0q.gif (2 MB, 415x212) Image search: [Google]
XrM0X0q.gif
2 MB, 415x212
>>339779084
>Games make you the goddamn batman
>Wah why is it too easy?
>>
last gen was for idiots just getting into videogames.

Thanks to setting the bar so low based on wii sales.
>>
>be drunk at friend's house, no contacts or glasses
>him and a buddy are playing arkham knight on xbone
>they keep dying to some dude that's throwing something at Batman while zombies walk towards him
>tell them to give me the controller I wanna try it
>so drunk I can't even find the door from the checkpoint which is literally right in front of the checkpoint
>getting laughed at at this point
>ten minutes later I find the door and enter the boss fight after getting stuck in some underground vent thing
>walk forward pressing the buttons that appear on screen
>fumble around figuring out the attack button
>press it between reaction buttons
>eventually win
>give up the controller because I can't figure out how to get out of the building

it's a hard game
>>
>>339786560
yeah, to some extent I think Super Hero games are supposed to be easy. To cater to the feelings people have about super heroes and satisfy a specific audience who is expecting that feeling.

Thats sort of the whole point, to be....super.
>>
>>339781692
I'm trying to think up a game to counter your argument, but having a hard time. The "best" I've seen, is God of War, and it has shamefully bad combat.

Well, I really liked Severance... but that was like 15 years ago.
>>
>>339779659
Millennials are the people who like video games the most, dumbass.

They're the ones who grew up and allowed their lives to revolve around them.

Video games are just another distraction these days. There are no more kids which define themselves as gamers in the way people did from the 90s until 2010.
>>
>>339781692
depends on what you consider an action game I suppose.

Could list some but it would be pointless because then you would retort with "well thats not exactly the type of game I meant!"
>>
>>339786928

Weird, because you actually can't defeat the zombies just with the attack button.
>>
>>339785891

It does though.

Honestly, games like No More Heroes are basically as technically difficult, and few people complain about that.

Batman catches flak one hundred percent because 'normal' people like it, and that's dumb. It isn't like Skyrim where it over promises and delivers dogshit. It does what it says on the tin.

I mean, if people don't like it that's alright. But it's hardly worthy of the abuse heaped on it. Like in your post.
>>
>>339782023
Wow all the wrong opinions omg just wow how dare they
>>
>>339781692

They aren't. At least i can say that for my experience with the Batman games, which have the perfect balance in dificulty. Haven't played the others you may be refering to (Witcher 3, Mad Max, Shadow of Mordor, Ass Creed).
>>
File: Screenshot (77).png (829 KB, 1360x768) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (77).png
829 KB, 1360x768
>>339788462
ok
>>
Not that I'm saying Batman is bad, but it apparently has mass appeal to the lowest common denominator so making a more accessible Batman game is probably more profitable.
>>
File: 1464465741481.jpg (225 KB, 1344x1400) Image search: [Google]
1464465741481.jpg
225 KB, 1344x1400
Ass Creed combat was essentially a laughing stock, so how did BamHam and Shitshow of Mordor come along and get universal praise for doing the same thing?
>>
>>339789689
Cause BamHam pretends you have skill with the combos
>>
>>339789689

Batman beating people with ease it's cool and it's the main trope about superheroes. The joy comes from the roleplaying.
>>
Arkham Knight was the toughest. Still relatively easy, but not AC tier.
>>
>>339779084
Because they're like Dance Dance Revolution with one button.
>>
>>339789689
adding flashy bullshit and "WOW AMAZING YOU DID THE SAME THING 45 TIMES HERES SOME BUFFS SO YOU CAN KILL EVERYTHING QUICKER" tricks people into thinking the combat was good.
>>
>>339790103
you get it
>>
Because they are games about being a fucking superhero. Maybe boss fights should have been more challenging (or less garbage in general), but batman should shit on random thugs without trying.
>>
>>339790531

>tricks people into thinking the combat was good.

It's good because it does it's job. Batman shouldn't have much problems during fights: he's a freakin' superhero.
>>
Wasn't the point easy combat which looks really good?
>>
File: 1461339402292.jpg (48 KB, 717x959) Image search: [Google]
1461339402292.jpg
48 KB, 717x959
Playing through Asylum right now.

I was going to do the full series, but this games plot is just so boring. Do the following games ramp the storytelling up at all? I really get bored of hallway after hallway of no plot progression
>>
>>339791851
And in Dark Souls you're the Chosen Undead, but still won't get very far with mindless button mashing. It's lame reasoning.
>>
It's fine for what it is.

Problem (in that people start calling it out for being a one-note, novelty driven system with no depth) only comes up when dumbshit fans try to compare it to DMC or Ninja Gaiden or even fucking God of War and say it's better.
>>
>>339786431
>everyone now takes forever to knock out
Wow so fun. Sponges are my favorite kind of hardmode1
>>
I for one welcome games were you're a super powerful character; too many games are afraid of letting you be strong, it's annoying.
>>
>>339792153
>falling for the serpent's lies
You're not the chosen undead, you're just some hollow.
>>
>>339792052
Asylum is the best one, if you don't like it just quit playing. In fact, only play these games if you loved BTAM growing up, otherwise don't bother.
>>
>>339779084
why should it be?

youre playing as batman
not some limp dick millionaire with dead parents
>>
>>339792479
>only play these games if you loved BTAM growing up

Thats the exact reason why I am playing them. They are fun, don't get me wrong. I just wish the plot would pick up the pase a bit.
>>
>>339792153

Different lore. Dark Souls main trope is it's dificulty.

Also, Arkham is not that braindead as you want to imply. As i said before, it has the perfect difficulty.
>>
>>339783135
this

arkham isn't about mashing inputs at high speed but crowd management and planning..
>>
>>339792254
No, enemies are much more prone to aggressive behavior and it punishes you more for improper inputs.
>>
>>339792601
It doesn't. City only makes it worst but I'll let you experience that let down.
Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.