[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>level up >can allocate points into skills at which point
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 4
>level up
>can allocate points into skills at which point you're immediately better at that skill

Why? Why not take the Morrowind approach and you become better at things by doing that thing? That's how real life works? Or better yet, have no leveling up, you just get good yourself and play better through experiencing the game?
>>
Nice /v/ related image.
>>
>>339778664

It's a woman working out. I think it's relevant.
>>
>>339778569
how does one get so fit but still have such a fat belly?
>>
>>339778832
..pregnant?
>>
>>339778832
Are you a fucking idiot?
>>
File: 1464833479081.png (295 KB, 475x421) Image search: [Google]
1464833479081.png
295 KB, 475x421
>>339778832
Now that deserves a kek
>>
>fat white bitches going to the gym

Bet she's there's only to get attention from the black studs.
>>
>>339779065
b&
>>
>>339778832
It's photoshop, kiddo.
>>
>>339778569
id p in her v
>>
>>339778981
Are you?
>>
>>339778702
Yeah, relevent thread too.
Fucking dumbass.
>>
>>339779220
Maybe.
>>
>>339778569
Any images of the taking BBC?
>>
>>339779065

get that ass banned
>>
What works in real life doesn't always make for a good video game. Hence why Turn Based Combat is still around
>>
>>339778569
This annoys me about Path of Exile.
It doesn't matter what weapons you use for the entire first act because it has no affect on your skill build, so you can just use OP spark until you find a good sword or something.
>>
>>339779325
the fuck are you talking about
>>
>>339778569
Because grinding a skill you don't like but need is fucking boring.
Much better to simply allocate points to areas you want when you level up.
The best of course is being player-skill based.
>>
>>339778569
>That's how real life works?
we're playing video games here, anon.
besides, do you think putting an elastic band on your controller and walking into a wall overnight is "fun" or interesting in any way?
no, it isn't, you fucking idiot.
>>
>>339778832
She's african. Africans have big bellies, like those kids on the photos.
>>
>>339778569
Rune Factory 4 did that.

Also, is that dangerous to the baby? Or will the baby come out super buff?
>>
>>339778569
I like the TES "learn by doing" system, but I think the big problem is that there isn't really a good way to level Speech. Since I like playing diplomatic characters, that's a bit of a problem, although TES games don't have much diplomacy anyway. I also think a TES-style system might make it harder to implement skill checks, because it's less predictable than an XP system.
>>
Would the stress of working out affect the baby? Will it come out /fit/?
>>
>>339779598
Baby will be fine as long as she lets him get in a few reps from the womb
>>
>>339779304
it's all yours, friend
http://www.bbc.com/
>>
>>339779598
it is with bad form

a woman eating garbage is worse for the baby than anything that woman did
>>
>>339778569
because people will go full autism and start grinding it until they get bored instead of playing the game
>>
File: 1351091788342.gif (1 MB, 296x160) Image search: [Google]
1351091788342.gif
1 MB, 296x160
>>339778832
>>
THATS GUNNA BE A BUFF BABYF!!

Oh man BABIES OF THE FUTURE

BUFF BABIES
U
F
F

WAH CANT WAIT BBY BUFF MUSCLE BAB WOOOO
>>
>>339779598
>Or will the baby come out super buff?
that's really not how that works.
unless she chugs protein shakes and creatine or something
>>
The problem is stuff like Skyrim took it in the wrong direction and scaled our leveling based on that shit.
>>
>>339778569
>earrings
>makeup
Do ppl actually do this in the gym? I workout out at home so idk
>>
>>339778832
Thats a belly muscle
>>
>>339779269
Me and my dad definitely are.
>>
>>339778569
Final Fantasy 2 did it and the game was boring as shit for it.
>party members hit each other over and over
>heal each other as needed
>max out HP, Defense, Attack, and Healing before first major boss
>>
>>339780243
>a bar in a power rack so quite possibly will at some point try to do some Olympic lifts
>probably a crossfit gym

I'll give you the Olympic lifts, good form and she might not fuck that baby up with a fucking iron uppercut. If it's crossfit though she's retarded regardless of the lifts. If she's going 20 reps her form is going to get fucked and that baby is going to get smacked
>>
>>339780928
How is that any different from grinding for XP?
>>
>>339779269
You know what? Maybe I AM a fuckin’ idiot
Maybe I think I’m a lot smarter than I am
>>
>>339780729
Only women and faggots dress up for the gym. All the biggest and most fit dudes at my gym would go in with just random shitty shirts and shorts. The biggest guys wear sweats
>>
>>339778569
dark souls, leveling and point allocation allows for different builds and expands the gameplay. balancing things so that every way of playing works against every enemy at a certain skill level would make the game less satisfying for certain builds, fuck up the difficulty curve, take a lot more time to implement, and probably end up a lesser game.

leveling is used as a crutch in games that dont require skill so shitty anime watching faggots can play games too but sometimes it can be a real asset to make a game more deep than it otherwise would be.
>>
>>339778569
>Or better yet, have no leveling up, you just get good yourself and play better through experiencing the game?
If you want that, play an action game instead of demanding that RPGs become action games.
>>
>born with weak back
>practice bad posture
>want to work out back
>can't lift or pull shit
>constantly noticing the burn in my biceps instead of back
>try following scooby's "how to do pull ups from nothing" video
>takes several weeks before i can do one pull up
>still feels like biceps are doing all the work
>finally get help from someone
>first time i've actually worked my back out
>back is actually sore the next day
I've been bedridden, sitting here waiting for the perfect thread to share this, and I found it. Thanks, OP.
>>
>>339781061
And what are you GAY?
>>
>>339778832
Pregnant, m8
8/8 made me reply
>>
>Why not take the Morrowind approach and you become better at things by doing that thing?

Level 1 wolf dilemma.
You don't get to kill a dragon from the experience of 1000 slain wolves.

>Or better yet, have no leveling up, you just get good yourself and play better through experiencing the game?

Kinda defeats the purpose of a traditional RPG.
>>
>>339780729
Woman only use the gym as an place to meet men
>>
>>339781042
Diminishing returns leave you inclined to progress instead of grinding. FF2's system only took 2 or 3 random encounters and about 45 minutes to max out the important stats regardless of monster level, experience pay out, or anything like that.
>>
>>339781042
With xp you need to move on when the XP is not enough MORON
>>
>>339778569
Morrowind's leveling system is absolute shit.
>>
>>339780928

I always hear this about FF2, but what about for non-autistic people who don't cheese the system in the most boring way possible? How does it hold up?
>>
>>339781393
But an EXP system he was critizing has the exact same level 1 wolf problem.
>>
>>339781621
I played FF2 years ago but from what I remember, you still had to grind specific things since stats would never level up evenly.
>>
pregfags are the worst
>>
>>339781621
I tried not doing that and you just feel underleveled in many regards because you won't have certain fallback stats when you do encounter tougher fights. You feel the punishment for playing too efficiently but even a modest amount of grinding in a "normal" fashion doesn't feel productive because you're just slowly leveling up attack every random encounter.
>>
>>339781796
This

Possibly the worst fetish

Lower than scat
>>
>>339781236
Do dead hand pull ups, pull towards your chest, don't kip. There you go, perfect form. There are some self correcting exercises you literally can't do a full range of motion rep or just do in general with bad form. Working on posture? Jump rope
>>
>>339781236
>Always lift with my legs instead of my back since I was a kid on account of shitty genetics on my mother's side
>get mocked for doing so
>go to the gym for the first time and try squatting
>I squatted 1.5 times my own bodyweight the first time
3 of my friends ended up getting back injuries from working the docks during the summer and are still suffering from them 10 years later
Thanks, mom.
>>
>>339781965
wow what shit taste, not shocking coming from the scatfag.
>>
>>339781393
U dont get gud at stuff in rl by axsadent, it's like that bruse li quote "knowing 100 kicks is dum but kicking a lot is gud"
>>
Is weight lifting while you're pregnant even fucking safe? Seems like it'd be problematic and stressful on the baby. When you're that far in isn't power walking the most exercise you're supposed to get or some shit?
>>
>>339781965
>Scatfag

Go poo in the loo Pajeet
>>
File: patrick.gif (40 KB, 220x153) Image search: [Google]
patrick.gif
40 KB, 220x153
>>339782490
>axsadent
>>
>>339778569
this image gives me a boner
>>
>>339778569
*jump* *jump* That's *jump* a *jump* great *jump* idea *jump* anon *jump* *jump*
>>
>>339782720
There's plenty of safe exercises. The calorie deficit from trying to stay fit and/or when you're muscles are rebuilding themselves poses more of a threat to the kid, weirdly enough. I'll tell you this though
>are fit?
>no
>have you become pregnant?
>no
>get fit!
>are you fit?
>no
>yes
>don't get fit!
>are you fit?
>yes
>no
>[cheesy pickup line here]
>are you fit?
>yes
>yes
>double check with your doctor, look into safe exercise and diets, have fun shaming the fat moms on the internet a year from now
>>
>>339781796
preggo gangbangs with a decently hot chick are hot once in a while for jackin' off
I like the idea of a kid being born to a total cumslut whore who's pussy was basted in like ten thousand dude's cum.
>>
>>339781042
A good experience system doesn't let you grind. It rewards progress and accomplishments, not just murdering trash mobs over and over again.
>>
>>339778832

I don't fuck with (You)

(You) little stupid ass bitch!

(You)! Soulja Boy Tell em

How am I suppose to live without (You)
>>
That's why I like fighting games. That's the true way of leveling up.
>>
>>339778569
While RPGs abstract real life skills, ultimately they're mechanically divorced. While Morrowind's system has its advantages, RPGs that don't try to emulate life or be sim-lites can benefit from simply giving the player the tools they need to play the game.

Playing devil's advocate here, at least.
>>
Realism has never been a good argument for level design

I don't want to have to have to jump 5000 times to reach a certain spot, thats the opposite of fun
>>
File: image.jpg (17 KB, 228x260) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17 KB, 228x260
>someone got triggered bad enough by pregnancy they yanked down the OP image
>>
>>339783691
>While Morrowind's system has its advantages
Can you describe these advantages?
Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.