[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Trophy / Achievement Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 15
File: trophievement.jpg (121 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
trophievement.jpg
121 KB, 1000x1000
Tro/chevement thread

What are you working on?
What are you most proud of?
What have you given up on?
What do you need help on?
What makes you like them?

post profiles, rate, hate, and debate with that asshole who feels the need to let everyone know he doesn't approve of this newfangled meta game.
>>
Might work on RE4 next. Fairly easy looking.
Demon's Souls' tendency system was irritating, so I suppose I'm proud of soldiering through
I gave up on FFXIII because grinding for end-game materials; will return later.
Don't need help on anything right now.
>>
>>339777428
What are you twelve?
>>
>>339778880
Thanks for the bump
>>
>>339779121
Yeah your probably going to have to bump it quite a few times to find enough children that want to discuss their life accomplishments
>>
>>339779317
Why do you hate that some people like a simple collection meta game? Why does it tickle your autism so badly?
>>
>>339777428
>What are you working on?
Nothing specific right now, just finished Hatsune Miku Diva F on Vita
>What are you most proud of?
Having the resolve to bother grinding out Omega Quintet trophies
>What have you given up on?
Black Flag, fuck online trophies
>What do you need help on?
Missing Far Cry 4 Co-Op trophies and too autistic to accept help from strangers on the internet.
>What makes you like them?
Dunno, I just like 100%ing things
>>
File: fff.jpg (15 KB, 313x108) Image search: [Google]
fff.jpg
15 KB, 313x108
>>339777428

Platinum for Pirate Warriors 3, so getting the rare coins Whitebeard needs to break level limit so i can fuck shit up and finish Dream Log.

Pic related

Any game with more multiplayer trophies than single player ones.

Any multiplayer trophies, but fuck it

Makes me spend more time with the games.
>>
>>339777428
Overwatch, which is LITERALLY impossible.

Platinum'd Metal Gear Solid V, which I actually am not proud of retrospectively. I loved s-ranking everything and completing the mission tasks, but everything else sucked. I'll probably work on the rest of the metal gear series, which I've beaten but haven't platinum'd.

Many games.

Overwatch probably, but I never cared about boosting for trophies/achievements, never saw the point. I guess it makes more sense in overwatch since the more achievements you completed, the more rewards you have and therefore the more gold you are likely to earn from loot crates.

Adds replay value to games.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160417-125140.jpg (481 KB, 1287x1882) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160417-125140.jpg
481 KB, 1287x1882
>>339777428
>Tro/chevement thread
Doom 2 achievements on Xbox Arcade
Pic related
I've never given up on any achievement or 100%ing a game that I set out to accomplish
I'm good for now. In fact, I'm willing to help someone else out with any achievements if ymthey want. I'm pretty good at offering a hand.
What?
>>
>>339779739
I feel like trying Overwatch trophies but a lot of them require you to be a bad team player
>>
>>339779445
Hate?
lol no

"Collecting" worthless shit is infantile and something that parents get their children to do to shut them up and make them complacent

Same reason Microshits did it to Xbox kiddies
>>
Just finished up Skyrim.
>>
>>339779698
>6 achievements for 1000
Wat
>>
>>339779870
The experiences you collect playing video games are useless. Most collectibles in games are worthless at worst, and give you worthless cosmetics at best.
>>
>>339780019
>worthless
Anything is worth the value you give it.
That's true for anything in life.
>>
>>339777428
Dark Cloud 2, 35 hours in already and I can tell it'll take a lot more grinding
recently platinum Enter the Gungeon, shit was tedious at the end but pulled through
ever getting the platinum for DA:I. I thought it was an okay game but playing through a second time it's garbage
Never been a booster
it's an excuse to explore and experience things in games I would never do otherwise
>>
File: Screenshot_20160512-084127.jpg (1 MB, 1427x2431) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160512-084127.jpg
1 MB, 1427x2431
Anyone that has a gamertag should go to TrueAchievements and find out what their most valuable achievement is.

The site factors in both rareness as well as difficulty to determine this.

Pic related are apparently my top 20 rarest achievements I've unclocked.
>>
>>339780198
Okay, so how are achievements or trophies any different? Some people like completing their backlog for the feeling of accomplishment it gives them. Some people like collecting all the trophies / achievements for the feeling of accomplishment it gives them. It's no different.
>>
The ONLY sense of accomplishment for gaining achievments is on 360

The auditory satisfaction is what does it.
>>
File: myplatsandshit.png (385 KB, 1196x1109) Image search: [Google]
myplatsandshit.png
385 KB, 1196x1109
R8 and H8.

>>339777428
Probably guilty Gear Xrd Revelator(which will come out) and Overwatch(which is i'll get tomorrow). Hopefully both games will live long enough until i get everything.

Borderlands: The Pre-sequel. It took me a while but the game was entertaining enough for me too keep going.

I was working on Sleeping Dogs, the game is alright and i did collect everything but getting all the gold stars is bullshit and it would take me way too much time. I was also playing Lords of the fallen but that game is too terrible. Sam for SF5, which is almost unplayable in Brazil. Borderlands 2 is another one that i gave up because it is the same as the pre-sequel but much more and i don't like the characters on BL2.
nothing really, i usually get trophies on my own.
I just like to complete 100% on games i like, or at least play them untill i'm done with them.
>>
>>339777428
Working on the dark souls 3 miracle achievement right now, fml
>>
>>339780387
That's what I'm saying.
If an achievement matters to someone, it has value to them, and nobody can take that away.

>>339780393
They're actually better on X1 because they're easier to manage and you get stuff for unlocking them
>>
Working on Talos Principal right now, shouldn't be too hard to complete. Also working on Terraria for the Vita which is probably a game I'll end up needing help on for the "collect all pets" trophy, considering how fucking shit the RNG can be sometimes.

http://psnprofiles.com/Furb246
>>
Man I really can't decide. All the games I want to play have a really daunting list, and all the doable titles I am not interested in playing. I want to finish Revelations 2 but fuck countdown and invisible mode.

Probably 100% in FO3 and FO4. Not difficult but time consuming.

A lot.

Phantom Break Battlegrounds on 360. Need to do the coop missions as kurisu.

Sense of completion.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160517-092018.jpg (508 KB, 1403x727) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160517-092018.jpg
508 KB, 1403x727
Xbox 360 retail games I've 100%ed
>>
>>339780624
Thought you were the dude who was saying trophy/achievement hunters were children. My bad.
>>
>never gave a shit about achievements on PS3 or 360
>once steam added it I suddenly gave a shit
>even though it's the one platform where they really, truly don't fucking matter

Recently got done 100%ing Binding of Isaac after about 450 hours of fucking around

Currently working on FFX/X-2 HD
>>
File: Screenshot_20160517-091912.jpg (973 KB, 1397x1480) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160517-091912.jpg
973 KB, 1397x1480
>>339780716
Xbox Arcade games I've 100%ed
>>
>>339777428
>>What are you working on?
Dark Souls
Got all the achivements of Spelunky on Vita, PC is harder and I'll probably will get around it some time in the future
Soul Sacrifice and MGS3, too much carefullness, boring
Nothing, I'm an adult gamer and I get adult achivements all by myself
It proves that I like a game enough for me to work for it.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160517-092124.jpg (178 KB, 1392x238) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160517-092124.jpg
178 KB, 1392x238
>>339780881
Xbox One games I've 100%ed

I've also got Halo 2 on PC 100%ed
>>
For you fellow steam fags who want a quick 100%, here you go

http://store.steampowered.com/app/250600

>free to play
>small file size

Just launch and click the credits listed on the bottom of the title screen, it's the only achievement the game has
>>
>>339777428
Currently working on Dark Souls 3. Plat I'm most proud of is probably Tales of Graces f. That shit was a colossal grind. Ended up with over 300 hours on it.
>>
>>339781121
>that guy with 160 hours

what the fuck
>>
File: Screenshot_20160602-231329.jpg (336 KB, 1370x945) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160602-231329.jpg
336 KB, 1370x945
>>339780996
What's up with no new Halo 5 achievements?

It's the only Halo game released in the achievement era to not have any additional achievements added since laumch. Even Halo Wars had extra achievements added.

It's especially odd considering Halo 5 has had like 7 DLC packs released now.
Plus, the Xbox one is big on devs being able to easily add cheevos whenever they want. I'm surprised a first party studio like 343 industries hasn't taken advantage of this.
>>
File: 1463085346105.png (373 KB, 540x476) Image search: [Google]
1463085346105.png
373 KB, 540x476
>>339777428
>working on
101% on Wonderful 101
>the fucking secret mission bottle cap
Kill me

>most proud of
Inhuman Achievement from Guitar Hero III, or earning Mostly Flesh and Steel along with Ghost on a non-lethal run in Dishonored.
>given up
Lots of things
>need help
I was very, very close to having 100% on Halo 3, but didn't get a Gold subscription to Live until online was more or less dead. I didn't have the heart to try to get the Overkill or double kill with the Spartan Laser achievements.
>what makes me like them
I'm fond of the ones that force you to play the game in different or unusual ways. The "Perform X task Y times" can go fuck themselves though.
>>
>>339779964
I had to complete inferno mode solo because no xbox live subscription and no friends.

It's the most fucking ridiculous shit I've ever had to do.

Also, getting all the weapons was a right pain in the penis
>>
File: images (8).jpg (9 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
images (8).jpg
9 KB, 225x225
>>339781491
>I was very, very close to having 100% on Halo 3, but didn't get a Gold subscription to Live until online was more or less dead. I didn't have the heart to try to get the Overkill or double kill with the Spartan Lazer
Select Lone Wolves Playlist.
Wait for King of the Hill on Boundless to show up.
Grab the Slayer and wait for 2 spartans to enter the hill. There's also a ghost on the map. You can wait for a Spartan to board the ghost for an easy double kill. That's how I got it.
>>
>>339780649
Terraria is a nightmare to plat. I gave up when my save got corrupted and I lost my bone keys.
Also finding the frozen fish took so fucking long holy shit
>>
http://psnprofiles.com/Fray32-

doing a NG+ of Dark Souls 2. having trouble getting summoned very frequently, probably going to have to farm a bunch of sunlight medals. not looking forward to that. Also trying to finish Journey but I havent had much luck recently with the random partners I get.

Aiming to play Psychonauts soon too, shame it doesn't have a trophy set.
>>
>>339779870
le true neckbeard right here. go back to /r9k/ fag
>>
File: 1460718150071.jpg (71 KB, 581x542) Image search: [Google]
1460718150071.jpg
71 KB, 581x542
>Working on
Mass effect 3 and Orochi Warriors 3 Ultimate.
Mass Effect 3 is better than I expected, but its ending was even dumber than I expected. OW3U is just a fucking grind. If it was possible for a game to have too much content, It would be OW3U
>Most proud
I dunno, maybe Kingdom Hearts 2 cause of Lingering Sentiment, or Demon's Souls cause of PURE FUCKING BLADESTONE
>Given up
Anything requiring alot of multiplayer like 40k Spess Mereen or Binary Domain
>Need help
I'll probably someday look for help on Terraria if I care enough

I like them forthe sense of completion and having a checklist of what the devs consider the things worth doing
>>
>>339780441
Sleeping Dogs gold stars aren't too bad, friend. I got the plat on PS3 a year ago and it only took <2 weeks (during finals, too). I don't remember much but the one thing that gave me a little trouble was getting max Triad points.
>>
Just got the Demons Souls plat for the second time today.

I also bought Armored Core For Answer and looked at the achievements. What the fuck was from thinking with those multiplayer achievements? They are some of the worst I have ever seen.
>>
>what are you working on?
FF7. Have everything but the gil trophy, which is just assloads of grinding.
>>
MGSV TPP.
Only all tasks trophy left, im in mission 16.
>>
File: 56465.png (15 KB, 416x144) Image search: [Google]
56465.png
15 KB, 416x144
>>339782678
>>
>Working on
Yakuza 5
>most proud of
10,001 kills online in BFBC
>given up on
sony smash because fuck playing through that awful game with every character
>need help
help me give enough of a shit about Bioshock to even finish the game
>why bother
gives me a reason to replay/keep playing games beyond beating them, I don't bother with shitty grinds though. That's why I've only got two plats. One was Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection and all the trophies for that game are about reaching some goal in each of the genesis games which was lots of fun.
>>
File: goat.png (64 KB, 427x274) Image search: [Google]
goat.png
64 KB, 427x274
Working on Goat Simulator and actually having fun getting there.
>>
Im at 91,000gs. So close yet so far from 100k.
>>
File: trophies.png (442 KB, 775x1237) Image search: [Google]
trophies.png
442 KB, 775x1237
working on Valkyria Chronicles, Overwatch, and Street Fighter V

Valkyria Chronicles shouldn't be an issue
SFV will eventually be completed when Capcom decides to stop being dickheads and add more characters and content into the game to get more fight money
Overwatch, I'll probably never plat, but I'll try

I'll get around to doing the Blood and Wine trophies for Witcher 3 eventually
>>
Working on Dead Space right now. Just started Impossible mode
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.