[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So did people actually play Crysis or was it always just that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7
File: crysis.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1051) Image search: [Google]
crysis.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1051
So did people actually play Crysis or was it always just that game to test benchmarks?
>>
>>339771382
There was never any shortage in benchmarks so yeah. People would upgrade just to play it because it was a good game.
>>
Did it have more than the beach level?
>>
>>339771382
The better question: Will there ever be another Crysis?
>>
It was actually pretty damn good.
Until the alien shit anyways.
>>
>>339771382
Crysis is more than a tech demo, it's a good game and has many hidden game mechanics.
>>
>>339771382
The game up until the snow sections is 10/10. It might be the first game where the first level is objectively the best one.
>>
>>339773057
This.

Crysis is a sandbox shooter that got considerably dumber with each iteration.
>>
>>339773540
Warhead was pretty good though.
>>
>>339771382
It's actually a fun game. Except the stupid tank level.
>>
>>339771382
It's a pretty bland game past the amazing graphics and first few missions.
>>
Yes, the first half of the game is good fun, if a bit unfocused. It was easy as hell, since enemy AI can't really compete with the player at all, but still a lot of fun in a sandbox sort of way. Once the aliens arrive it turns to shit though.
>>
Watching videos by nanosuitninja really makes you appreciate how cool the suit powers are, and how much of a waste it is that the game never forces you to utilize them to their maximum.
>>
File: 200w.gif (556 KB, 200x83) Image search: [Google]
200w.gif
556 KB, 200x83
>>339771382
>Completely invisible
>sneak up on parked truck full of soldiers
>toss name under truck
>watch Koreans try to jump off and escape before it goes off
>truck explodes and they all die
>mfw

Game was awesome

I also remember trying to shoot enemies that were running around and they would actively try to dodge my shots, even if they quite didn't know where I was shooting from. Ai was pretty good if I recall correctly.
>>
The way to really enjoy it is to modify all your armor's abilities to superhero levels. Obviously obliterates any difficulty but its so fun moving so fast it kills soldiers or grabbing them, jumping above the tree level and spiking them through a building
>>
>>339771382
It wasn't that great
Crysis 2 was much better but after a certain point it became the same situation over and over again
Too bad because the concept is very intresting
>>
File: 1448326144889.png (934 KB, 513x1117) Image search: [Google]
1448326144889.png
934 KB, 513x1117
>>339776035
>Crysis 2 was much better
>>
Yeah, it's actually excellent. Although it should definitely have been an open-world guerilla warfare game where you get dropped onto the island and have a week to cause as much damage as possible to enemy infrastructure and military capabilities before an invasion by the US. Also no aliens.

Would've been great if the game was dynamic and the effects of your actions could be seen. Like if you destroy a fuel depot, tere will be less vehicle patrols in the area or if you keep knocking out supply convoys the enemy either abandons an outpost or has airlifts.

This game was made for that and they squandered the potential.
>>
It's actually an excellent game up until the aliens come in. Then it's a nosedive and I always drop it.
>>
File: 2016-02-03_00001.jpg (315 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2016-02-03_00001.jpg
315 KB, 1920x1080
>>339776128
>Better graphics
>Better animations
>No stereotypical evil asian faction
>You can sprint without having to change your mode
>No aimbot helicopter
>More nanosuit agumentation
>More nanosuit functions
>Sliding
>More enemy variety
>Not better
>>
>>339777016

It had worse graphics
>>
>>339777016
>objectively worse graphics until the dx11 update
>evil private organization run by a dead guy trope
>no destructible environments
>auto aim alien robot that instantly knows your position when uncloaked
>a neutered strength mode
>alien enemies are literal halo enemy rip offs.

Okay anon.
>>
File: 1455152175354.gif (848 KB, 245x138) Image search: [Google]
1455152175354.gif
848 KB, 245x138
>>339777016
>you can sprint without having to change your mode

buddy the xbox 360 port of crysis 1 is nothing like the pc version
>>
I played it with an athlon 64 X2 4200+ with the integrated graphic
>>
>ITT: i played crysis 1 on console

lmfao the console version is literally crysis 2 with crysis 1 maps and models, a total downgrade
>>
>>339777570
>evil private organization run by a dead guy trope
Still better than run by b-movie asian leader
>no destructible environments
False
>auto aim alien robot that instantly knows your position when uncloaked
Absolutely bullshit
>a neutered strength mode
What does that even mean?
>alien enemies are literal halo enemy rip offs.
And alien enemies in 1 were absolute crap
Your point?
>>
File: punch.webm (3 MB, 960x534) Image search: [Google]
punch.webm
3 MB, 960x534
crysis is so fun to fuck around in
>>
>>339771382

It's definitely not as good as people say

>turn on super speed
>out of suit power in literally one second of running

>forget about using the cool suit powers and just crouch behind rocks while sniping retarded koreans

2 was a step back in a few ways but at least it functioned as a game
>>
File: crysis.webm (2 MB, 924x517) Image search: [Google]
crysis.webm
2 MB, 924x517
>>
is crysis 3 worth it ? i didn't have the hardware to run it back then
>>
>>339781114
If you liked the previous ones, it's worth a try.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.