[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WoW
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: roles.jpg (34 KB, 622x240) Image search: [Google]
roles.jpg
34 KB, 622x240
I've been wanting to play healer and tank roles for years now, but i'm too much of a pussy for all that responsibility so i've only been playing DPS in raids since i started WoW, i tanked and healed dungeons while leveling classes though and found it fun. Anyone else here who made the switch from pure DPS shitter to healer or tank?

I'm scared lads, but i really am interested in playing those roles.
>>
grow a pair and quit.
>>
File: 1464911730403.jpg (14 KB, 250x214) Image search: [Google]
1464911730403.jpg
14 KB, 250x214
>>339770084
I did but i'll always end up coming back when a new expac releases like the cuck i am
>>
>>339769753
>>339770534
LFR is so casual you can pretty much get away with anything.
I tanked as a Pally through LFR during Cataclysm for the first time (in a raid) and it went pretty smoothly, it was in Dragon Soul. I just asked the other tank for advice and he explained some basic shit and it went well.

I would say that you shouldn't be nervous, it's already such a shitfest that you're not going to be judged. And you'll never see them again anyway.
>>
>>339771216
Yeah but LFR isn't anything like an actual raid environment where people take damage and die
>>
>>339769753
>>339770534
>>339771216

If you raid often enough as well, you'll have more experience with mechanics etc than the average shitter. Just look up some vids from the tanks perspective and practice the tank spec with a training dummy. Good luck.
>>
>>339769753
How much of a pussy can you be?
>>
>>339771216
>LFR is so casual you can pretty much get away with anything.

This. My friend adamantly refuses to play Retribution, and needs tomes for that retarded ring. He's strictly Protection spec, but doesn't like tanking LFR. He just queues as DPS, lazily walks through, and never gets booted.

LFR was a good concept, but it was never good. A shame, really.
>>
>>339771216
and this is why I quit the fucking game

LFR-D Gutted the game
>>
Tanking felt easier than dps to me desu. 90% of it felt like taunt swapping with the other guy.
>>
>>339771652
Yes but you don't learn when you can get away with anything. You probably won't even notice when a boss bursts on a tank
>>
>>339769753
Shit guy, I've always been too afraid of being shit at DPS so I've always tanked and healed. God damn inverse shit right here.
>>
>>339772943
But your HPS is also being judged as a healer
>>
>>339769753
Just play Holy Paladin. Get some good raid frames, stand in the right spot and click on people while both of the tanks stay topped thanks to beacons.
>>
The one thing that always scared me away from playing healers is the whole dispelling debuffs shit. When you have like 20 people in the raid and you have to heal and then also dispell. Sounds stressful
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.