[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do I have a single chance against this guy his weakest attack
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3
File: maxresdefault.jpg (224 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
224 KB, 1920x1080
Do I have a single chance against this guy his weakest attack kills me in one shot? I can dodge nearly forever and I can block while taking low damage (about 5% per hit) but those hits do add up and my eleven estus run out eventually. No matter how long I last, though, I'm eventually one-shot from a stray swing. This wouldn't be so bad if his moves weren't so random and sudden but he never seems to have a clear pattern. He'll leave himself wide open with one combo but then have near instant recovery with another. The only move I've seen that leaves him open consistently is the one where he flies up in the air and then charges at you, but he rarely ever does it and I can't figure out at all how to trigger that attack. This wouldn't be such a big deal but I simply cannot tank this guy at all since the vast majority of his attacks are one hit kills.

Am I underleveled or am I missing something? I'm level 50 with a Heavy Greataxe +9. I tried using a Fire Greataxe +7 but it does less damage than my main so I said fuck it. I tried using a Battle Axe +6 but the damage was so pitiful that I know I wont be able to outlast the fight.

I can consistently and quickly get through the wyvern without getting hit once, that's not a problem at all. This guy is nearly fucking impossible though. I thought Sulyvahn and Dancer were hard but this guy is fucking ridiculous.
>>
>>339769454
not gud
>>
Most of his moves are very slow and telegraphed. But if you can dodge for "nearly forever" then I think you just aren't doing enough damage.
>>
don't know man, beat him second try in my first playthrough with firelink greatsword

just dodge and punish when you can, he is easier for me then sulivahn since i cant read suli as well as this weeb
>>
He's extremely easy if you have any range capabilities, either magic or arrows.

He doesn't close distance well.
>>
Like with all das 3 bosses speed is much more important than damage, but he is definitely beatable with a great axe. Just learn to Dodge better and only attack when you have a very clear opening since it's a slow weapon, don't trade hits. Keep your distance amd it will be easier to dodge. Level your vigor if you're getting one-shot.

If you can, use charged attacks, since they've added those in bloodborne they've been excellent for bosses.

There is a defense penelty if you have any empty armor slots. Use resins too if you'd like. He is weak to magic and dark I think.

Nothing I'm saying should be much of a surprise but Nameless King doesn't have a gimmick of any kind so you'd just have to beat him normally. He is a tough boss but with a +9 weapon you should be fine. Get a slab from lothric castle if it's really too hard.
>>
>>339769454
Level 50 is pretty low for him, but I beat him at around 28 Vigor or whatever the HP stat is called. So you don't have to have 40 to do it. Greataxe is a slow weapon with shitty range, so it's ultimately a shitty weapon. I would say pick a better weapon and level it up and then kick his ass.
>>
>>339769685
>>339769710
I do just over 300 damage per hit but I can never find a solid moment to attack. It's like he's forever on the offensive and I can never punish anything. Maybe I'll try going in totally shieldless and so how that goes.

>>339769890
I heard about that but I'd rather not cheese him out. It just might be my only option though. It seems enemies around here drop souls like crazy so it shouldn't take too long to upgrade a crossbow and buy a shitload of bolts.
>>
>>339770004
>There is a defense penalty if you have any empty armor slots
what do you mean? penalty as in, no having the defensive bonus the piece of armor provides, or is it an extra penalty?
>>
>>339770230
Extra penelty from what I've heard but I might have been lied to, haven't checked myself.
>>
>>339770030

Stay close to him and attack after dodging his 2-4 hit combo
>>
Use a lightning stoneplate ring that you can find near the ancient wyvern, it will help you a lot against his lightning attacks, also because you are using a greataxe you are better going for a hit and run tactic, one is enough, then dodge or block his attacks.

He reminds me of Champion Gundyr, he can put on some really heavy pressure so keep yourself moving.
>>
>>339770004
He's just such a pain in the ass but I'll try to be patient and keep looking for an opening. I'll keep trying my best, thanks.

>>339770008
I have 13 VIG. I bet if I had at least 20, I might be able to survive his hits more often. This might be a problem I'm giving myself.

>>339770008
I feel like the weapon might be gimping me quite a bit as well. I might try upgrading the great club and giving that a try. I'm all STR, no DEX but I guess I can respec if I really have to.

>>339770326
That would be a neat mechanic, although it would be easily solved by equiping low weight armor and leaving it at that.
>>
File: 1464293665702.jpg (258 KB, 2715x2385) Image search: [Google]
1464293665702.jpg
258 KB, 2715x2385
The only thing I found "hard" about the fight is dealing with the tediousness of killing his dragon every single fucking time.
>>
>>339770416
>13 Vig

You are a hero for getting so far with just that little ammount of Vigor, jesus christ i bet almost everything oneshots you.

I currently have 25 and im already feeling squishy at Grand Archives.
>>
>>339769454
>greataxe

i'm so sorry anon

BASED MIYAZAKI and the A-team decided that dark souls 3 should be fast like bloodborne but forgot to actually make the game good
>>
He's vulnerable after his multi-swing combo and some of his big charge up attacks (the overhead swing where he gathers lightning beforehand). It's just harder to learn his patterns and safe spots cause you have to go through that tedious birddragon every time.

I think I was doing about 300 per hit, but was using a faster weapon so I could get 2 hits in safely. There are titenite slabs you can get in that area (and earlier areas) so go try to find those and grind chunks to get a +10 weapon. That'll make it faster.
>>
>>339770416
>I have 13 VIG
you're playing on hard-mode, my man
>>
I will never stop posting this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WagY0KJ7dc
>>
Offhand a crossbow of your choice. Use standard bolts since bolt type determines stamina cost. Get rid of stamina ring afterwards and use the Carthus Bloodring and Prisoner's Chain + Ring of Favor to raise your HP to near double. You'll have one free ring slot of your choice. Max weight to 69.9 with right armor mix, and unequip every consumable, except for gold pine resin (for killing dragon only) and estus, and just bait his jump and charge slam move. That is the only time when you should hit him with your right hand melee weapon and only do it once and then back off.

Consistently dodge to the right when afar, and under his dominant hand when close range, and when you notice he's off camera, he's going to do a ground charge at you. Spam rolls till you get the timing right. Make sure to only fire bolts at him when he does a combo and you are mid distance/ risk free. Also only reload when he swings and misses. Beat him at level 40 and my bolts were doing 119 each with heavy crossbow +6. At 50% HP he will use Lightning miracles. Figure out the timing yourself. Walk backwards and dodge backwards when he casts the close-range spell since it hits twice. My melee weapon was the Drakeblood sword +6 with gold pine resin since it makes quick work of the storm drake.

Be honest with yourself and admit that if you aren't using a straight sword you are in hard mode in DaS3. I refused to kill him with one so I feel you OP. I also used a +6 weapon only.
>>
I was level 108 and he still killed me like 100 times with summons, they always die too. People on here are not as "gud" as they claim. Just go grind some levels and embers and you'll make it OP
>>
>>339769454
beat him level 70 on ng+3 in 5 tries
dark souls 3 was easy
>>
Well, I finally did it and it doesn't seem so hard anymore. I simply played it EXTREMELY safe and kept myself from ever attacking him unless I absolutely knew it would be safe. It was a little tedious but at least I did it, and it was technically pure melee.

>>339770596
>>339770852
Oh hell, good to know. I was afraid of overleveling but now I see that I've been pushing it too far. I'll be sure to level up VIG.

>>339771081
Holy shit, I'll never stop being amazed by what these people can do. I think the most absurd one I've seen is someone beating Artorias at Lv.1 with only a dagger.
>>
>>339769454
The average level range for endgame is about 75-95, so you're pretty underleveled at 50.
13 VIG is also ridiculously low, you are outright expected to increase your health in this game or everything towards the end will start one-shotting you.
>>
>>339770326
Not a penalty, exactly, but you simply don't have defence. Equipping a piece in a slot adds a fixed percentage of damage absorption regardless of the piece before adding the modifier for that particular piece. They're not small amounts either, the head piece is a smaller one at 10%.
>>
>>339773063
>beating Artorias at Lv.1 with only a dagger.
>Needing weapons at all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7Cht-0u2MQ
>>
Any advice for gwyn on ds1? I'm having the same problem with not finding an opening. I know my main problem is that I need to stop being greedy with attacks and dodge more but god damn this dude constantly attacks and you can't get distance since he does that jump slash.
>>
File: 1463871760458.jpg (729 KB, 592x752) Image search: [Google]
1463871760458.jpg
729 KB, 592x752
>>339774782
Use the rocks to create a barrier between you and Gwyn,otherwise you seem to have a fair grasp on the battle so you only need to "git gudder" i guess.
Or just parry him, since it's easy as fuck.
>>
Do we have a /v/eredict on DS3 yet?
>>
>>339770451
if you were gud, you dont even need to play through it more than once
>>
>>339769454
I am about to fight him in my level 1 run.

Not looking forward to it.
>>
>>339770762
I beat the whole game with a greataxe, it's not that difficult.
>>
>>339775178

>tfw I made it this far into the game and don't know shit about parrying

Is it possible with a halberd? I've been going 2h for a while now and have experimented with parrying but can't tell if doing right. Would it be like a backstab in how it acts?
>>
Bitch, if I beat him at SL1, you can beat him at 50. Every attack killed in 1 hit. Even attacks I blocked would kill me more often than not.

My gear was as follows:
Fire Longsword +10, Grass Crest Shield, Carthus Bloodring, Chloranthy Ring, Lloyd's Sword Ring, Fire Clutch Ring.

If you're a sick badass, you can probably swap the Lloyd's Ring for the Red Tearstone Ring, but then you lose the option of defending against his attacks at all. Just roll like a motherfucker and only hit him once after most of his openings. If it's a big lunge, you can get 2 hits in, but more than that is a big risk.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.