[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is it any good? I'm gonna be the guy throwing three pointers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
is it any good?

I'm gonna be the guy throwing three pointers the whole game
>>
>>339760467
Who's ready for Lebron to win one for the land?
>>
>>339761245
I wonder if this was how it felt when Michael Jordan started winning everything. Years later we all praise him and call it legendary, but at the time there must have been so many salty faggots who couldn't accept that there was a player who was actually THAT GOOD.
>>
>>339761245
DA LAND
>>
>>339761596
most old people tell me that there wasn't really a hate wagon for MJ. So either they're full of shit or he was just that likeable.
>>
>friend really wanted this game
>told him not to rush for the digital version as i was certain there would be used physical copies for cheaper
>bought it anyway
>two days later it becomes free
>kek my ass off

also, op if you want to throw threes and not look like a retard choose GSW and cheese Curry. that same freind scored 118 points with him in a single game
>>
>>339760467
It's already the worst of the Xbone/PS4 era. Spike Lee's story is complete garbage, starting with stupid shit like being forced to be called FREQUENCY VIBRATIONS and having no say on the story. The story then abruptly ends after season 1 (after 3 High School games, 4 College games [admittedly great] and 8 rookie games so you can jump into FA.)

The story is full of melodrama bullshit and no matter your race, you're stuck with a black family and friend who are just complete trash speaking nonsense. Then the rest of the game is just you playing games and getting upgrades so you can play Online Park.

And if you want to pay for upgrades, you need VC, 2K's Funny Money. You either play a shitload of games or buy microtransactions. No competition is killing this franchise just like Madden has stagnated ever since the jump to 360/PS3.
>>
>>339761596
Lebron is overrated as fuck. It took leaving Cleveland, and getting carried by better players before he got his two rings.

I can't respect anyone who has to play in the east.
>>
Bron bron gonna sweep em.
>>
FUCK KEVIN DURANT
>>
>>339762348
>story is bad
Found the guy that can't enjoy MST3K
>>
File: WAKEMEUP.jpg (27 KB, 737x738) Image search: [Google]
WAKEMEUP.jpg
27 KB, 737x738
>tfw just bought The Witcher 3 last week
>tfw totally sucked into the game and I could still play for another like 200 hours
>2K16 announced as free ps+ game and I've been wanting to play for a while because I find basketball games fun af
>tfw won't be able to find time
>>
Gameplay is good. MyCareer story is shit. Also fuck 2k for microtransactions
>>
>>339762791
I do enjoy MST3K. Zapp Rosdower stole my heart.

But that doesn't excuse Spike Lee shitting out a story because 2K just wanted his name on the box. It was hilariously bad. Like the best friend dragging you down, which you have no say in cutting him off, finally reveals a mixtape calling himself BO$$ KEY YACHT$. After refusing to pay for his dumbass music career, he goes on a spiel about taking the rap for killing a guy back in high school.

And then you shoot his ass down talking about all the times you bailed his ass out and after that cutscene, he commits suicide and has a voiceover talking about how you and your family was the only good things in his life.
>>
>>339763347
>it was hilariously bad
That's exactly my point, it's fucking terrible as a drama but it's worth a few laughs for how seriously it takes itself
>>
File: da land.jpg (111 KB, 1344x634) Image search: [Google]
da land.jpg
111 KB, 1344x634
LEGOD ABOUT TO MAKE GOLDEN STATE HIS BITCH.
>>
>>339762348
>>339762791
About how long does it take to get through the story? I've heard it's a real garbage fire which really makes me wanna see it through myself.
>>
>>339763591
Not that guy but I had to skip that garbage, I just couldn't take how dumb it was. And it wasn't fun like MST3K
>>
>>339763735
It's a couple hours and if I remember right you can skip the games and make it go faster
>>
it's already june, why the fuck it's still tropico 5 on my psn.
>>
>>339763591
Yeah, I guess I misread your post. It's just baffling how much Spike Lee is coasting off reputation when he hasn't made a good movie in over 20 years. Any intern 2K employs could have shat out a better story. Like, it's not so hard to have a branching storyline where you balance off-court life and on-court preparation. Fucking Black Ops 2 did it well.

>>339763735
High school games (3) take about 10 minutes each at 2 minute quarters, give or take some for loading times. College games are 6 minute quarters, for 4 games and are fun because there hasn't been any college b-ball game in years. 8 rookie NBA games at whatever quarter length you set between 2-12 minutes. If you want the best balance of realistic stats and gameplay, go 10 minute realistic. All in all, all of it can be played in a day and you can skip out every cutscene if you don't wanna laugh your ass off.
>>
>>339763963
Store updates on the first tuesday of the month, we got calender cucked this time
>>
>>339763963
psn updates on tuesdays. You get the new ps+ games on the first tuesday of the month.

tldr; next tuesday
>>
>all these normalfags
Get off of /v/

>>>/sp/
>>
>>339764238
STOP LIKING WHAT I DONT LIKE!!!!!
>>
>>339761909
It's not that there wasn't hate, it just didn't seem as bad because social media wasn't a thing. I personally hated Jordan but I didn't have a platform to spout that hate from to the whole world.
>>
I never hated a video game charter more than I hate Vic.

he basically is the biggest fuck up in existence and fucks you over in pretty much every way imaginable culminating in him taking your new car by blackmail. Vic being the fuck up he is immediately dies from a drive by in your car.

It would be fine if that's where it ended, but spike lee has his ghost give a 5 minute monologue basically still blaming others for him being a fuck up as if the audience is supposed to feel any shred of sympathy.
>>
>>339764082
Someone just needs to make a bball game that can fulfill my autism. I still play NBA2k14 on PC. I don't need better graphics than that.

Create a solid game engine and then provide an easy to use devkit or guide that lets users create players, rosters, teams, coaches, logos, uniforms etc.

You can have one goddamn game that lets the user determine if he wants to model his game after high schools, college, the NBA, Euro or overseas basketball, fucking japanese anime teams with the various rule changes, recruiting systems/drafts/coaching carousels etc.

Let users make cyberfaces and crap for NBA players if that's what they want, they already do it anyway.

Every new game all they do is reinvent the wheel. Shouldn't there be a point in time where they say, okay we like how this feature works and then build shit on top of it.

Instead each iteration is a UI change where the usually manage to break something while fixing something else.

I'll die never getting a game that good.
>>
>>339761245
>>339761596
Lebron is going to be a literally who in 10-20 years time.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.