[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When did Nintendo become such a greedy company?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: greedy-870x489.jpg (179 KB, 870x489) Image search: [Google]
greedy-870x489.jpg
179 KB, 870x489
It feels like the 3DS (Family) and the Wii U were the beginning of Nintendo's excessive greed. Their expensive games, DLC, the fucking $10 Streetpass "Games", the requirement of purchasing a charger for the new 3DS, etc. I'm not really sure if they've always been like this or if they have just learned from Activision and began charging and overcharging for everything.
>>
>>339757506
>Their expensive games
haven't Nintendo games always been less than the normal MSRP
>>
>>339757506
>When did Nintendo become such a greedy company?
>>
>>339757506
Nintendo is the least of your worries when it comes to greed. Doesn't help that people have willingly bent over to video game companies since the mobile gaming/p2w/free2start trend started
>>
>>339757506
>expensive games
What?
>>
File: ntsa.jpg (50 KB, 750x563) Image search: [Google]
ntsa.jpg
50 KB, 750x563
>>339757506
>>
>>339757506
After nobody bought the Gamecube and they decided to sell out to normalfags with the Wii and DS.
>>
>>339758947

>It's not Nintendo Sempai......
>>
I wonder where the impression Nintendo was ever not a greedy company came from.
>>
People thought the SNES was a ripoff because it couldn't play NES games
>>
When will you realize that every company ever is like this?
>>
Nintendo hasn't jewed me like Sony did this generation.

>Pay to play multiplayer
> $15 PS2 games when Xbox can emulate 360 games
>New console upgrade when people already paid 300/400

Fuck this shit
>>
File: 1464641507422.jpg (45 KB, 291x291) Image search: [Google]
1464641507422.jpg
45 KB, 291x291
>>339757506
>It's ok when sony/microsft does it
>>
>>339757506
amazingly, Nintendo (like all corporations) seeks to make profit, as much as possible.
>>
>>339757506
>the requirement of purchasing a charger for the new 3DS
The DSi and the 3DS use the same charger, so if you're upgrading from that, you have a charger. It does suck that it doesn't ship with one, though.

>Expensive games
They're standard prices outside of special editions and Atlus games because what the fuck Atlus.
>>
GBA was when I reached my tipping point. They didn't make it backlit until the SP, they allowed so much shovelware on that shit that everything from Scooby Doo to Raven Symone had 4(four!!) games on it, and they re-released nes games individually at almost the same price as other carts despite collections like Phantasy Star having 3 games in 1. The fucking GBA section was wall to wall ASS. It was like buffalo cum infused with wizard piss splattered all over the walls at Gamestop.

The DS was a bit better for less shovelware but the damage had been done and they allowed the same thing to happen to the Wii.
>>
File: NES_Acc.jpg (223 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
NES_Acc.jpg
223 KB, 800x600
>Nintendo used to care for me, it was never about the money
>>
>>339759113
This on average their games are cheaper than most AAA shit only reason they don't drop in price is because they still sell.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.