[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did anybody actually "buy" this game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7
File: latest.png (1 MB, 763x1078) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
1 MB, 763x1078
Did anybody actually "buy" this game?
>>
>>339751452
I bought the Trilogy version, if that counts.
>>
>>339752118
I got it on ebay for like £5 then sold it later for like £4
>>
I got the trilogy for $5
>>
>>339751452
I got it preowned for 2.99
>>
After buying ME1 and 2 at launch and liking them, I think other things around launch prevented me from buying ME3 at full price.

Then the bad press, and backlash happened and saw shit that annoyed me. So I bought it much later for ONLY online, because the gameplay was pretty fucking fun with a few friends. One of the only horde mode games that felt extremely fun and didn't get repetitive
>>
File: mass effect.jpg (64 KB, 1151x231) Image search: [Google]
mass effect.jpg
64 KB, 1151x231
>>339751452
Got them all on the 360, too
>>
>>339751452
The only reason I even played and finished this game was to give it fucking closure.
No series should go unfinished, no matter how shit they are.
>>
File: FUCK YOU BIOWARE.jpg (427 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
FUCK YOU BIOWARE.jpg
427 KB, 900x900
Nope. I torrented it and still hated it.
Why can't Bioware animated and voice their characters properly? It's amazing because they seem to get away with it.
Choosing between Shepards is a choice between generic, flat male voice, or generic, flat female voice. And these are the characters you play as; it's so fucking weird that they somehow get away with this. It's horrible, and if they can't get the voices done properly, how the fuck do they expect anyone to take their writing seriously?
Not to imply that the writing is great, because it isn't. It may have been, but experiencing it through the context of a game, it's bewilderingly full of plot-holes and it raises questions that will never be answered. That's not what I play games for.
Not to mention The Witcher; how that series ever became popular and loved is totally beyond me. I played the first game when it came out, and I was so unaffected by anything it tried to do I just gave up on it.
Also, pic related.
To write well-rounded characters is admirable, and if you're going full story mode then they could have done a lot worse. At least the crucial part of the Mass Effect trilogy wasn't spent on dealing with daddy issues OH WAIT
Bioware has a lot of good writing; it's just a shame they can't represent it convincingly in their games, which are almost universally and comically hollow.

tl;dr no I didn't fucking buy ME3, I learned a lesson from the countless issues and bullshit surrounding that game. I torrented it, played it, and got mad.

I am still mad.
>>
Yes and I liked it
>>
Bought the trilogy off of PSN for $5 last year
>>
File: 990169.gif (953 KB, 300x256) Image search: [Google]
990169.gif
953 KB, 300x256
Best waifu
>>
When the plot leaks were posted here about eight months before release I saw a bunch of red flags and realized it probably wouldn't be worth my money.

Pirated it, and I still felt let down.
>>
I got it for $7.
Played it for about 1.5 hours and haven't played it since then.

Should've known better after 2.
>>
>>339751452
Bought it day one, 2 fullplaythroughs and a shittons of MP... Was well worth the money I spent.

Only one buyer remorse in my whole life and it was Guilwars 2
>>
I have the N7 Special Edition and all the DLCs, why?
>>
File: 100.jpg (25 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
100.jpg
25 KB, 500x375
>>339756327

Are you actually bragging..?
>>
>>339751452
I bought.

Honestly I wasn't too hyped. I was annoyed by bioware's arrogance and kinda extremely let down by DA2. I was also kinda annoyed with ME 2 in retrospect. It turned out to have some pretty good highs but a lot of shit that made the game just a weaker, less interesting story.

3 was just bad. It was bad throughout most of the plot with there being only two bright spots and only one of those was extremely well-done. A the hype was really lost and I felt that the hundreds hours I spent on ME1 was ignored as were my choices in 2. So the ethos it was billing itself on didn't stack up.

The writing also took a cringe curve and really got stupid. The dumb sex bot wasn't bad if this had been a playful adventure, but it felt cliche and the side plot there was just... Meh. ME3 was meh. It wasn't completely terrible, any game I put more than an hour in isn't terrible by any stretch. But for every moment like the genophage conclusion there were ten Kai-Lang-and-the-circus-of-bullshit-he-works-in. It made the game just meh in all sense of the word.

It was really just the last straw that ruined my trust in mainstream game reviewers and pushed me to pirate everything I can before buying. and if I can't do that I just rent the game on console.

It's made my life with vidya more entertaining. And on a bright note I expanded my experiences with RPGs by seeking out all the other devs that were in bioware's shadow (as the mainstream press showed)
>>
>>339751452
Yeah dont regret it, sank hundreds of hours into the multiplayer. What needs to be said about the Campaign has already been said so yeah.
>>
File: 1456786822981.jpg (33 KB, 681x693) Image search: [Google]
1456786822981.jpg
33 KB, 681x693
I bought it TWICE

once for my 360 and again for origin

suck my dick, ME3 is amazing
>>
>>339751452
It's the only ME game I didn't get the DLC for. Aside from the free multiplayer ones.
>>
>>339758078

>amazing

christ
>>
>>339758438
Amazing is probably exaggerated, but its still a great game by itself, even with its flaws. I completely get why some hate it though it really suffered by being the finale of the trilogy
>>
File: 1335756778371.jpg (136 KB, 660x1000) Image search: [Google]
1335756778371.jpg
136 KB, 660x1000
I was excited and got the collector's edition. now i only play the online occasionally which somehow manages to remain entertaining. i've never been so disappointed in a game though.
>>
>>339758620
Wait, the MP is still alive? I though the servers were killed.
>>
A friend bought it for me and I torrented the DLC.
>>
>>339751452
Rented it on 360 from Gamefly when I had consoles

Own all three on Origin because they were cheap and one day I'll want to revisit them all.
>>
>>339758620

Wow, are you me? Only I don't play it anymore at all, but holy shit, this was my first collector's edition and last.
>>
>>339758774
i got XBL for a dollar to find out and turns out it's alive and well. haven't run into anyone i recognize over the past few days of playing.
>>
>>339758774
Even on PS3 you can still find games, its pretty weird how Bioware managed to produce such a quality product in a game like ME3
>>
>>339751452
Got the trilogy on 360 preowned for £20 all in.
>>
Me, on day one for PC. It wasn't full price, 40€ and got a Normandy replica.
Bought it again for 5 for wii u. Good port.
Gameplay was really nice
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.