[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://franchise.civilization.com/e n/news/2016-06-civilizat
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 7
http://franchise.civilization.com/en/news/2016-06-civilization-vi-envoys-and-city-states/

What are City-States?
>City-States, introduced in Civilization V, are singular cities that act independent of the player and rival leaders in Civilization VI. They have their own political relationships, can engage in war, and provide players a means of diplomacy outside of dealing with the major civilizations.
>In Civilization VI, City-States are much more streamlined over their Civilization V counterparts, and feature updated quests that become visible after a player sends an Envoy there. Completing a City-State’s quests earn additional Envoys there, which help you enact more influence and earn greater rewards as you continue to strengthen your relationship that particular City-State.

What are Envoys?
>Envoys are a type of emissary that players can send to City-States for the purpose of furthering their agenda in Civilization VI. Envoys earn resources over time and, the more Envoys you send to a particular City-State, the greater the influence you have over that City-State. With enough influence, you can become Suzerain of that City-State, which yields unique bonuses and guarantees allegiance during times of peace and war. Suzerains can even pay gold to levy the City-State’s military units for a limited time.
>Players can even send an Envoy to a City-State they are at war with, potentially changing the City-State’s allegiance in the middle of the conflict. Declaring war on a City-State removes all Envoys the player has there; otherwise, Envoys stay on a City-State permanently.
>There are certain conditions and actions that may allow Envoys to be removed from a City-State, and we’ll be explaining these situations as we get closer to the launch of Civilization VI.

New game screenshots
>1/3

Civ Thread
>>
>2/3
>>
>3/3
>>
when are we going to get some real gameplay footage
>>
File: civ6 1.jpg (4 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
civ6 1.jpg
4 MB, 3840x2160
>>339748649
Probably E3
>>
City states fucking suck, the rare moment where your allied city state helps you hold off against an enemy civ isn't worth the clutter they bring.

Why not just make the actual diplomacy more interesting instead of adding a distraction?
>>
>>339748443
>You are my greatest ally merchant.
>>
>>339748839
>Why not just make the actual diplomacy more interesting more interesting instead of adding a distraction?
But they are.
>>
>>339748546
>The Suzerain player may also pay Gold to temporarily take control of the city-state's military.

Thank Goodness
>>
>>339748443
good goyim
>>
The only thing that truly makes me worried are the eureka moments. I think they will guide you towards a specific path every playthrough, which is the opposite of what everyone think will happen.
>>
>>339748443
>slingers
It would make more sense for javelineers to be the earliest ranged unit
>>
>In Civilization VI, City-States are much more streamlined over their Civilization V counterparts
>more streamlined
literally how the fuck do you streamline Civ V even more
>>
>>339750062
They don't mean it in the way you think it means.
>>
>>339750207
What did the mean by that
>>
>Jerusalem
>Zanzibar
>Hattusa

So, no Israelis, Swahilis, or Hittites in the base game at least
>>
pls dont make religion a DLC 2 years later again
pls dont make religion a DLC 2 years later again
pls

pls just dont take out the most entertaining game mechanic just to add it back in for 30 shekels 2 years later

pls
>>
>>339750759
Not only religion will be in the game, there will be a religious victory right out of the box anon
which probably (i hope) means they focused on making it good
>>
>>339750759
>pls dont make religion a DLC 2 years later again

Did you just completely ignore this thread and made this post?
>>
>>339750759
Religion is already known to be in the game.
>>
>>339748360
>What are City-States?

What an easy question. "Shit" is the only anwser.
>>
>>339750874
infact, yes
>>
>>339748360
>implying city states wouldn't uncuck themselves in righteous xenophobia if you send too many envoys
>>
File: IV_Ragnar.jpg (25 KB, 351x432) Image search: [Google]
IV_Ragnar.jpg
25 KB, 351x432
>>339748360
>Hattusa
>Zanzibar
>Jerusalem
>La Venta

Hitties, Tanzania, Israel and Olmec supporters BTFO
>>
File: 1401432368554.jpg (15 KB, 317x481) Image search: [Google]
1401432368554.jpg
15 KB, 317x481
>>339750594
>tfw no Venice city state yet
>>
Why hasnt there been a single queer civilization yet? Isnt that racist against them?
>>
>>339751632
Greece has always been in civ, wtf are you talking about.
>>
So deluxe edition says

>access to four post-launch DLC packs that will add new maps, scenarios, civilizations and leaders for a bundled discount.

I'm guessing that doesn't include expansions like G&K/BNW right ?
>>
>>339752647
G&K and BNW are still 30 bucks each so I'm guessing expansions aren't included
>>
>>339752647
Of course not.
>>
File: iandsmoney.jpg (49 KB, 600x461) Image search: [Google]
iandsmoney.jpg
49 KB, 600x461
>>339752647
No of course not, the season pass meme is just for low quality shit they cut from the base game. I seriously hope none of you buy it, or worse, pre-order it.
>>
>>339750759

Retard.
>>
Went back to civ iv recently after burning out on civ v and it's so much better.
>>
Went back to civ iii recently after burning out on civ iv and it's so much better.
>>
>>339753389
I'm in the same boat. Not to say that Civ 4 is flawless or that there aren't aspects of 5 I like, but I feel that 4 is solidly the superior game. Some of the announced features for 6 do give me some hope though
>>
Why is civ4 so shit bros
>>
>>339753567
For example?
>>
>>339753959
Examples of which thing?
>>
>>339748360
It feels like I'm watching some civ mod for Endless Legends.
>>
When back to Civ:BE after burning out on civ ii recently and it's so much better.
>>
>>339748839
OK but in civ 6 you can take control of the city states units
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.