[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>burnout paradise was 38 years ago What happened to racers /v/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: Burnout_Paradise_Boxart_2.jpg (92 KB, 350x445) Image search: [Google]
Burnout_Paradise_Boxart_2.jpg
92 KB, 350x445
>burnout paradise was 38 years ago

What happened to racers /v/?
>>
>>339745058
Buy more car models is what happened.
>>
>>339745058
>38 years ago
>1978
>>
I rate Burnout Paradise literally 10 out of fucking 10 it's a straight A unbelievable. I had so much fun cruising around, doing barrel rolls and spins and blasting the chill OST.
>>
>>339746180
Literally one of the best games of last gen.
>>
>>339745058
Bought this game for a dollar two years ago. It turned out to be boring as fuck.
>>
>>339745058
Racism
>>
>>339745058
Here's what happened to racers.

Burnout Paradise didn't sell as well as the Need for Speed games because the name "Need for Speed" has more mainstream name recognition.

EA shifts Criterion away from the Burnout series and forces them to re-build the Need for Speed brand.

Need for Speed is all about driving branded cars. Car companies don't want their cars to get absolutely wrecked and fucked up in video games. Say goodbye to anything like crash mode or road rage. And say goodbye to the well-tuned, arcadey driving feel of Burnout. Need for Speed's branded cars need to have more of a foot in realism.

Need for Speed Most Wanted (2012), a game that's something like the the spiritual successor to Burnout Paradise has none of the feel of Burnout Paradise. It has none of the spirit, none of the soul.

You drive up to a cool car, hoping that you can unlock it, only to be notified that it's a DLC car, and the game asks you if you want to pay $7 to unlock the CLASSIC NFS CAR PACK. or $30 to unlock every car pack. Ignore the fact that those cars are obviously already downloaded to your machine because you see the car right in front of you. Pay up, chump. And if you turn off the game and come back to it, the DLC car has somehow been removed from your map, so every time you drive by it, you get excited and let down again, only to be told to pony up some cash
>>
EA

I heard their next android game is going to have you pay for fuel, they ran NFS into the ground and casualized it to fuck to boot.
>>
>>339745058
I loved Revenge and if I hadn't gotten paradise, along with a bunch of other games, for $5 from a humble bundle I wouldn't have bought the game at all. Burnout games are fun, but Revenge was just fucking awesome and I wish they would do a remaster or something for it.
>>
The thing is. One day thatll be true.

Holy fuck I dont want to think about that at ALL
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.