[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Witcher 3 Difficulty Setting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (189 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
189 KB, 1920x1080
What diffuculty should I start Witcher 3 on? I want a challenge but am not looking for cheap "bullet sponges". I'm familar enough with challenging havk & slashers loke Devil May Cry 3, Ninja Gaiden, Bloodborne, & Dark Souls. Will I be bored in "Blood & Broken Bones!" difficulty? Is "Death March!" unenjoyable suicide for a "beginner" like me?
>>
this game does not have good enough gameplay to provide an actually enjoyable challenge

i would recommend playing it on sword and story or whatever the normal mode is called

just enjoy all the stuff that's NOT gameplay
>>
>>339734072
death march is easy enough but if you're on pc head over to the nexus and try a combat mod.
>>
>>339734072
Play on hard or higher. The lower and normal difficulty don't force you to prepare or get creative in combat. The result is gameplay that makes you sloppy and sometimes gets boring.
>>
>>339734072
Harder difficulties are hard because of lack of healing
Just get all the food you can get and find a skill that will regenerate your hp and go for the Death March
>>
I've played on the higher difficulties. Enemies become like Skyrim damage sponges to an insane degree. The battle system is fucked desu.
>>
>>339734072
Start on Death March and lower it if it's too hard. Make sure you play through the tutorial rather than skipping it.

That said, the first few fights in Death March will be harder than usual since you won't have any ability points or decent gear or potions.
>>
Just whatever you played Witcher 1 and 2 on.
>>
>>339734072
Just play on easy since The combat is atrocious, and on harder difficulties it really gets boring doing the same shit over and over again.
>>
Death March it is then, thanks! If I like it enough I'll return for PC play when my rig's running again or replaced.
>>
>>339735009
>play on Death March
>enemies die in 10s
>bosses in like a minute at WORST (annoying patterns)
You're just shit desu, I have a fast attack/light armor build and it just werks.
>>
>>339735147
worst advice
the combat is only bad if you're playing on easy or medium. play blood and broken bones at least.
>>
death march, can be hard but enjoyable once you kill the bosses.

some are easy, some are hard, depends on your preparation and type of enemy.
>>
>>339734072
I've been playing on hard and it's fine, fighting stuff twice your level is a huge chore and there awful sponges, I headed straight to the city and started a level 24 quest, was spending 10 minutes hitting a guy in his underpants with a sword, if he hit me once with a club I lost half my health or died, but then once I quit doing that and started to just play quests that fit my level it turned out to be pretty easy.
>>
>>339735690

>playing on deathmarch
>turn off unnecessary hud elements, horse fear level, etc
>riding by a place on my way to a level 5 quest
>deserters
>get off horse and takle them for like 5 five minutes
>finally take a hit from 1 bolt
>load most recent save?

wow. in order to see their levels i have to turn on health bars, which i really hate seeing. i do like the hud element they added, that shows npc and herb names when you approach them, it only took them a year to do it though, jesus christ.

does anyone know if level scaling scales enemies down, and not just up? might try it for NG+.
>>
>>339736436
I don't think it doe's, I like it if levels just had less effect, make it hard to take on high level stuff but don't have random goons with clubs one shot you.
Now I punch out bears in seconds.
>>
Start out with normal first. You gain no extra experience nor coin droppage when playing on the harder settings. It's just a tedious as fuck experience with little reward other than frustration.

The better your equipment gets, the harder you should set the settings.
>>
>>339734072
Blood and Broken bones is the best starting point, you can boot up DM on your NG+
>>
File: Novigrad view.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Novigrad view.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>339734072
Blood and broken bones. It's like normal.

Normal and easy are too fucking easy. You dont need to put effort in killing enemies. At Blood and broken bones level you accually have to use
Sword,parry,signs and put a bit of effort
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.