[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the general consensus of MSG V?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 1463169745818.jpg (1 MB, 3872x2592) Image search: [Google]
1463169745818.jpg
1 MB, 3872x2592
What's the general consensus of MSG V?
>>
Got 10/10s across the board from pretty much every website and magazine

Unless by "general consensus" you mean the /v/ opinion, which is that the game is utter shit but then that can be said of any game
>>
>>339730341
Everyone here hates it because they wanted a kid killing cameo fest with Quiet being a trap and Big Boss going moustache twirling evil while spouting quips.
Instead, we got a somber and reserved metal gear game.
Play it yourself, don't let /v/ tell you how good it is
>>
>>339730341
it's alright
could've been better
>>
Do you know what "consensus" means, you dumb faglord?
>>
It's ending left me feeling empty inside. The ride was fun while it lasted but man, the ending.

I this the "peace" I am supposed to feel?
>>
>>339730341
What the hell are you doing on this board Richard?
>>
At the very least, it's a 7/10 on a non-inflated review scale.
>>
Can you play it as a waifu simulator? Or is Quiet a bitch?
>>
>>339730341
Im just pissed that the FOX engine will likely never be used to make a game again.
>>
The gameplay has many options but it's lacking in terms of level designs. You're doing the same mission over and over again. It gets repetitive fast. You grind to build up motherbase and get good weapons. The core gameplay would be great if the game were not open world.

The story is dreadful. It's like Kojima went out of his way to ruin the story. He hyped up the game as the missing chapter between MGS3 and MG1. Then throws people this story where it's not really Big Boss but some other guy who looks like him. It serves to explain how Big Boss died twice but no one really gave a shit about that. People were expecting a tragedy where Big Boss snaps and he opted to subvert that. Your Mileage will very there. I thought the twist was unneeded.

Kojima should have been reeled in more on this game.
>>
>>339731002
>That level of autism.
>>
>>339731931
>It serves to explain how Big Boss died twice but no one really gave a shit about that.
Maybe if you were actually alive when Metal Gear 1 and 2 came out, you would know that it was a massively criticized plot hole in magazines.
>People were expecting a tragedy where Big Boss snaps
He "snapped" back at the end of Snake Eater. Did you play the fucking game?
>I thought the twist was unneeded.
Because it was spoiled for you on /v/ a week before release and you went through the game expecting the twist, ruining the narrative experience.
>>
File: Venom Drake.png (178 KB, 651x434) Image search: [Google]
Venom Drake.png
178 KB, 651x434
>>339731931
>The story is dreadful. It's like Kojima went out of his way to ruin the story. He hyped up the game as the missing chapter between MGS3 and MG1.

t. idiot who doesn't understand Kojima as a creator

he never gave a shit about your autistic fictional timeline, each game retcons the timeline as much as it needs to in order to get its theme across. You're the same kind of person who bitched and moaned about Raiden in MGS2
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.