[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
\v\ Plays Quake-Don't be a casual edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5
File: q15.gif (154 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
q15.gif
154 KB, 480x480
instructions:

http://nquake.com
just press play now and it will download the nQuake client for you, and after a quick download (around 30mb) of game data its ready to play

in-game, you have to do the following:
-press multiplayer
-press join game
-press insert(on your keyboard)
-copy ip and paste it into the box which just appeared
-press enter
-press j to join the game

IP:
quake.no:27502

sry burgers but eu server, so you have to bear with the ping
>>
>dem graphics
i thought that was minecraft, jesus christ.
too vintage, anon, too vintage.
>>
File: 1445143966832.jpg (69 KB, 674x346) Image search: [Google]
1445143966832.jpg
69 KB, 674x346
im game
>>
Question is, high res textures or no?
>>
>>339729223
Okay i went with original textures :)
>>
File: Ranger.png (36 KB, 683x536) Image search: [Google]
Ranger.png
36 KB, 683x536
Bump
>>
I must be retarded, but I can't figure out how to join.
I go into the MP menu, press enter, a black console pops up, I paste the IP, press enter (nothing happens), press J and enter again (nothing happens)

Am I doing something wrong?
>>
>>339728907
bumbp
>>
>>339730326
Type "Join quake.no:27502" in the console without quotes.
>>
File: QuakeDoom.gif (5 KB, 201x265) Image search: [Google]
QuakeDoom.gif
5 KB, 201x265
At this point the only reasons I would go back to quake is mods, or an actual working server for quake team fortress custom.

If you can't set up a server with a bunch of south park, beavis and butthead, and simpsons quotes being screamed after every time someone dies, then it's not worth the time.
>>
>>339730326
Try console. Same general commands as source. Same key. Connect ip: port password I believe. Been many years. Op should run an original qtf server later. I'd join and rip my original quake cd and throw up a mega too. My copy is real old though. DOS version old. Still works though if you know what you're doing.
>>
>>339728907
I'm in the server and...nothing. what's going on?
>>
>>339730542
>Quake team fortress custom
No fucking way. For real man? I used to play that shit for ages back in the day on Sol.net! You don't remember boxes or I AM LUCIFER do you?
>>
File: FiestaSuicide.jpg (39 KB, 263x349) Image search: [Google]
FiestaSuicide.jpg
39 KB, 263x349
>>339730912
I don't remember anyone, because I never got to actually play QTFc, I only played vanilla quake team fortress up until 1999, well vanilla as in the worst mods I saw cooked up was the bombing runs on 2fort by some airplane that would cruise over every couple of minutes and kill anyone outside of the forts. And when I tried seeing if servers for TF were still running several years ago I saw there was TFcustom, which I managed to get running and find a server that was totally abandoned, but got to piss around with some of the new stuff but with no other players to dick around with.

TF2 was a fucking mistake, no det packs was a fucking mistake.
>>
>>339731453
A lot of tf2's stuff comes from custom surprisingly. But one of tf2 custom's strengths was the custom "skill" class and building your own classes. Upgrade classes obviously could be really strong. But the top two fastest legs you could buy were restricted to non upgrade classes. An upgrade class was selling frags for cash. So that when you typed upgrade in console you could get 1000 per frag/point (if you capped you and your team got 10). Up to a maximum of "selling" 50 frags. At which point you would buy weapons, skills, buildings you could build (prerequisite was a spanner) and etc. They had special and unique grenades specific to custom as well as the stock grenades as weapons. I recall a throw able detpack with a 10 second fuse. Great for clearing sentries, assuming it didn't get emp'ed, which delayed the fuse, defused by anyone with a scanner, or krac grenaded. Which were also amazing against buildings. I could go on forever.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.