[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How should they improve on DE:HR?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 8
How should they improve on DE:HR?
>>
How will you face Megan?
>>
They've already announced.

>Boss fights are made in house so they won't be so shit. You can even sneak past them.
>Changed battery system to encourage more liberal use of augs.
>Rebalacing of exp system so that lethal and non-lethal are actually on par rather then non-lethal making you objectively stronger.
>NG+ in the base edition.
>>
By not making it.
>>
Also, Megan did nothing wrong.
>>
File: 500x500 (2) - Copy.jpg (35 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
500x500 (2) - Copy.jpg
35 KB, 500x500
>>339728687
>>
>>339727926
>How should they improve on DE:HR?

Buy all cutscenes from the company that does their trailers.

DX:HR cutscenes looked worse than in-game graphics at times.

Also if it has Denuvo I won't buy it.
>>
>>339727926

Also have a less shitty ending that isn't just literally pressing one of four buttons to hear one of four voiceovers.
>>
1. Size of levels
2. Graphics
>>
>>339727926
Stepping up their waifu games. It's what everybody is doing now.
>>
>>339729009
Better than wading through a bunch of shit respawning enemies to get the ending you want like in the original Deus Ex.
>>
Just ran through the game again a couple days ago getting foxiest of the hounds and pacifist. Was a real trial to save Malik.

I'd want more bosses, both the conversational and conventional ones. Give conversational bosses more branching dialogue and ways to react.

More areas would be good too. I heard a couple were cut from HR, but I imagine they'll be given the money and time for more now.
>>
>>339727926

>Sneak up behing enemy
>hold q
>does a fucking ninja move spitroasting the fucking enemy
>get spotted

FUCK
>>
>>339729009
The ending was fine, fuck off.

It allowed you to see each of the philosophies in the world and allowed you to decide which was right rather than locking you into a playstyle for a specific ending like every other game.
>>
No press q to win third person takedowns takedowns.
>>
>>339728709
Going back to this game, it really looks like poo poo pee pee

Just a look at the sky in detroit and you will realize how terrible the graphics are, even for its time.

The artstyle really makes up for it though.
>>
Remove third person view or make it 100% optional.
Make melee manual aim, no more automatic takedown snoozefest.
Include more dialogue based quest solutions.
Make choices matter by delivering different content depending on what you pick. (like entire exclusive levels which show events from a different persepctive, different NPCs etc.).
More creative sneaking paths than just ventilation shafts.
>>
>>339729981
What was wrong with those? You can easily get spotted if you're an idiot with those.
>>
>>339727926
>ex-swat
>ex-private security
>ex-mad man on a mission
>now some interpol guy

>no trigger discipline
>>
>>339730141
Yeah and you only get a few before you run out of batteries.
>>
>>339728582
Now they just need to keep everything else up to the same standard as in HR and it will be perfect.
>>
>>339729858
too bad they dont matter in the upcoming game :^)
>>
>>339729858
Not the guy you replied to, but fuck off was the ending fine.

Mass Effect 3 was crucified for doing the same shit.

>decide which was right rather than locking you into a playstyle for a specific ending
That's how endings should be, though. They should be determined by your playstyle or else what's the point of having different ways to play
>>
>>339728880
Seriously, they're so low-res too. Going back to the game engine on a good rig always looked way better.
>>
more Elias Toufexis
>>
>>339728582
I really hope the new augs and regenerating energy don't make the game even easier.
>>
>>339728880
>Also if it has Denuvo I won't buy it.
You won't pirate it either. ;^)
>>
>>339727926
>>339730756
Only thing that bothered me from the trailer was how OP some of the new augs look

Like just sending a bunch of stun missiles to clear a room instantly

Also
>hurr durr looks like you had even more augs than we first realised, how convenient
>>
>>339730360
They don't have to. The ending's about your morality and perceptions of the world, not changing it. Everything has to set up original Deus Ex anyway.
>>
>>339730141
It takes away control from player, it literally freezes time and takes absolutely no effort whatsoever to execute.
You really have to pretend to be retarded to be able to get spotted using those.
Also it's silly that suddenly Adam is unable to punch someone when his batteries are empty and you can't even destroy objects with your fists/blades
That damaged mirror in his appartment was pure mockery.
>>
>>339730434
Mass Effect built their entire selling point on the ending being a result of your actions.

HR was built on the idea of a modern version of Deus Ex's gameplay, which it did perfectly.
>>
Hopefully by improving on the God-awful AI that I can walk literally a foot behind and not get noticed.

And not run jury-rigged PS2 textures.
>>
File: 1463510256492.jpg (9 KB, 239x241) Image search: [Google]
1463510256492.jpg
9 KB, 239x241
>>339730434
>PLAY GAME CALLED DEUS EX
>GET MAD AT THE ENDING
>>
>>339730434

>They should be determined by your playstyle or else what's the point of having different ways to play

Your endings in all of the other Deus Ex games weren't contingent upon your playstyle.
>>
>>339730434
Mass Effect 3 was crucified for lying to the players first, for having a shit ending second.
>>
>>339729225
>he doesnt close the blast doors to the universal constructors
Literally asking for it
>>
>>339730862
Apparently, those augs are dependent on ammo for them, which should be as hard to come by as typhoon ammo from HR
>>
>>339729009
Fucking this. At least give us a way to trigger each one differently, like in the first game.
>>
I mean, DE:HR did not have any strong glaring mistakes aside from bosses, but it could have used more unique and memorable locations. Hotel lobbies, offices, warehouses, nightclubs and sewers aren't the most inspired locations despite the good graphical presentation of them.
>>
File: 1464299223555.png (34 KB, 666x666) Image search: [Google]
1464299223555.png
34 KB, 666x666
Better shooting

Better bosses

Thats it
>>
>>339732852
I hope youre not implying sarif offices isnt unique and memorable

Shit was stylish as fuck, sadly it might be the only area in the game like this

Well the first level lab was okay
>>
>>339729858
>It allowed you to see each of the philosophies in the world

No it fucking didn't. You didn't even get to SEE the consequences of your choice. The ending of DXHR was shit, by far the weakest part of the game.
>>
>>339729110
>Stepping up their waifu games. It's what everybody is doing now.

They already had a good waifu in the first game but they went and killed her.
>>
File: brrrgh.gif (63 KB, 317x343) Image search: [Google]
brrrgh.gif
63 KB, 317x343
>>339729575
>foxiest of the hounds

OH MY FUCKING GOD IT TOOK THIS LONG FOR ME TO REALIZE THAT'S A METAL GEAR REFERENCE
>>
1) Make decent bosses, bosses in HR sucked ass (until directors cut when they became just "ok").
2) Last level and ending of HR sucked and were rushed as hell, don't rush the game and if you have to don't rush the ending.
3) Make all playstyles equally rewarding and more comiting, Ghost and Smooth Operator bonuses were too much in HR and you could just backtrack and kill everyone anyway.

Also bring back skills, rolling augmentations and skills into only augs was more of a dumbing down than streamlining.
>>
>>339733253
Malik? She's alive and well. You probably just let her die.
>>
>>339733253
>he let malik die
What an idiot!
>>
needs more conspiracies
>>
>>339728582
That sounds pretty great, actually. The xp system was my biggest gripe with HR; lethal was just bad, and "ghost" felt like you were leaving free xp behind. The objectively optimal way to play was to melee non-lethal everyone you possibly could, and going for double takedowns whenever possible. I didn't mind much on the first run but it made for basically zero replay value in a game that should have replay value as a selling point.
>>
>first run was normal and mixed with lethal and non lethal
>second was hard mode with non-lethal
>third was easy with killing every single person possible

Replayability is what you make it.
>>
>>339727926
>DE:HR
It's actually "DX".
Don't be an edgy hipster by abbreviating it with DE.
>>
>>339727926
Let me punch Megan in the face this time.
Or at the very least tell her to fuck off
>>
>>339729858
>fine
The word people use that have no objective facts to back up their shitty opinion.

DX:HR is one my favourite games in the past 5 years and the ending buttons were a horribly cheap idea.
>>
>>339729009

Even Invisible War had a better way to trigger endings even if it was just "kill every faction at the end except for the one you want the ending for."
>>
>>339734690
actually its "SX:NN"
>>
File: kermit-face.gif (811 KB, 253x196) Image search: [Google]
kermit-face.gif
811 KB, 253x196
>>339734690
Is X not the edgiest letter?
>>
>>339727926
Needs a proper story with interesting conspiracies as the one in DX1.
>>
God from the machine.

What if we became Gods in our own universe after "Death"?
>>
The basic mechanics and design of HR was great, all I can come up with are some refinements.

>better thought-out augs so you don't have literally useless shit like in HR
>more nooks and crannies to explore (first game wasn't bad, but more is better)
>strengthen the dialogue system for social boss fights, seriously that shit was awesome you could make a whole game from it
>also more social boss fights
>try to make the music more like the first game, dammit I want my cyberpunk techno ambiance
>>
>>339733776
>>339733963

Malik is dead in Mankind Divided even if you saved her in HR. She canonically dies.
>>
>>339736005
game devs should learn to cut the useless options/upgrades
instead they go "well i spent time on that so its going to be in the game now"
>>
>>339734330

Nonlethal weapons give more XP because nonlethal weapons are shittier and harder to use.

However, lethal melee takedowns just fucking suck and have no reason to be in the game in their current state. They're identically easy to pull of as nonlethal ones, but give less XP and are noisy. Pure drawback.

Also, speaking of takedowns: takedowns should be redesigned so that you can only do one-button instant takedowns on UNAWARE enemies, but also have a normal melee attack that doesn't consume battery.
>>
>>339735396

Personally I wouldn't trust any given anon with godlike power. They'd misuse it in a nanosecond.
>>
>>339736202

HR's stealth augs were the worst. All they did was make your radar more cluttered and less useful. And you didn't even have a fucking aug that adds a minimap to your radar, even though that would have been super useful in Hengsha.
>>
>>339736710
In the end its just ticking off feature list boxes.
>>
>>339736071

Yeah because why on earth would players want continuity between games?
>>
>>339736446

Except when they go down with lethal they stay down rather than being woken up by their comrades.
>>
>>339737638
There is continuity, adams augs carry over from HR to MD, he just forgot about them.
>>
>>339735050
HR was very different from the original in terms of atmosphere/worldbuilding/plot

1 was a ridiculous hodge-podge of conspiracies in a dystopian near-future that worked from a mixture of supplementary writing, interesting futurism, and managing tone/atmosphere. If you actually think about the broad setup is Dale Gribble's fever dream (you literally go to Area 51 and fight aliens and can then join the Illuminati), but those newspaper articles in the game sell it.

Human Revolution still has the conspiracies because it takes place in the same universe, but it's a story about social tensions and issues. It's focused much more on the nitty-gritty of what it's like living in that world, while the original had you at something of a distance since you're a UN agent. You still go through slums and shit in the original, but there's much more in the way of military or research bases in the first game.
>>
>>339727926
add anime tittes
>>
I just realized how similar HR's and Alpha Protocol's gameplay is
>>
>>339727926
trigger discipline ?
>>
>>339737772

Going through that research facility in the original and looking down through the glass in that hallway (if you played it you know) was fucking awesome and something like that needs to happen again.
>>
>>339730104
>Going back to this game

It looked like shit when it came out m8
>>
>>339738232
Looking at HR face animations after having played witcher 3 is just staggering, how did I not think it looked horrible when I first played it
>>
>>339738447

They look really stiff and stoic but I saw much worse in the last gen.
>>
>All the trigger discipline posts

What if he intends to shoot?
>>
>>339740845
You don't shoot making a dramatic pose.
>>
>Remove third person
>Remove takedowns
>Much more dialogue
>Fix the awful battery system
>Fix bossfights to include dialogue and other options
>Make sure you don't get more experience by doing non-lethal than lethal, it promotes only playstyle over the other
>Have more level options than ventilation shafts everywhere
>Better Augs
>Make Aug upgrades more scarce, they were everywhere
>Add skills
>Add conspiracies
>Better music
>Better hacking minigame
I can't even remember, did the game have locked doors and was it possible to blow them up?
>>
>>339737838

I unironically support this. I have yet to find a game that anime tiddies didn't improve.
>>
>>339727926

awkward gameplay (shooting does not feel right) and cover shooter shit making him highly vulnerable to damage. If I want to be a walking tank I want the option

shoddy graphics engine with piss filter can go
Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.