[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Couldn't they just add flares?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 927361-doom_3[1].jpg (174 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
927361-doom_3[1].jpg
174 KB, 1024x768
Couldn't they just add flares?
>>
Flares can only if it with a certain atmosphere and Mars' isn't compatible
>>
>>339727365
Carmack was more focused on reinventing the wheel when it came to game engines everytime, rather than actually make a good game.
>>
>>339727468
>Martian atmosphere in closed labs
>>
>>339727515

>Speaking ill of the Carmack

Why isn't this a bannable offense?
>>
>>339727605
Romero and Adrian carmack were always the heart and soul of doom.
>>
>>339727605
Because he's a faggot. Carmack is a computer god don't get me wrong, but he doesn't know shit when it comes to making an actual FUN game and is more concerned with the tech behind it.
>>
>>339727365
Lol.
Memes aside, Doom 3 at least looks fun to speedrun, even if it still isn't true DOOM.
Seen some speedruns of 4 though; more time spent out of bounds than in the actual fucking map, do Bethesda literally give bonuses to people for writing as little working code as possible?
>>
>>339727468
Even if that were the case, I always have to wonder about people who use physical limitations for game mechanics when that same game has shit in it like big fucking laser guns, demons, and power suits.

You don't think some scientist could figure out some sort of temporary light-generating tool for emergencies in a vacuum? No, you're right. You're only on a Mars facility. They probably aren't that advanced yet.
>>
So why did they try to make Doom 3 a survival horror game? Doom is not survival horror.
>>
>>339727605
He's right though. Carmack has never cared about actual game parts of the games he made. Remember Rage?

>>339728024
Well, if this is your definition of fun, then sure.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gW1F0ZcU_Oc
>>
>>339728352
Trying to showcase lighting effects at their full potential would be my guess.

Then they made light manipulation as tedious as possible.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.