[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people love Overwatch but they hate Diablo 3?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5
File: reaper-of-souls.jpg (139 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
reaper-of-souls.jpg
139 KB, 1920x1080
Why do people love Overwatch but they hate Diablo 3?
>>
>>339721562
Diablo don't have qute waifu's
hot girls = sales
It is as easy as that
>>
>>339721562
Because they are different games and people have different tastes.
>>
>>339721805
Female Wizard and Demon Hunter are bretty qt
>>
>>339721562
WTF?, No one hates Diablo 3.
>>
Because 7 8 9.
>>
File: Loadout.jpg (255 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Loadout.jpg
255 KB, 1024x768
What the fuck is that even?

OW is a multiplayer shooter.
D3 is basically a single player grind simulator.
>>
>>339722474
I understand that, but people felt Diablo 3 had a lack of content. But Overwatch has little content but is loved
>>
??????
>>
>>339723204
Over watches content is highly replayable due to its competitive multiplayer nature.
>>
Because people (myself included) Fell for the hype, it had stellar sales at release. We expected Diablo 2 gameplay, character diversion, gear, upgrades etc, however further expanded and better in every way.

Instead on release we got pay to win auction house, complete randomisation of all items, and a dumbed down game in every way as opposed to diablo 2.

The first play through was fun, however the amount of dumbing down as apparent. Some were hesitant to let it go since we had been waiting so long for a new diablo game, it HAD to be made like diablo 2 was to be succesful and it could have been, blizzard completely missed what the players wanted.
>>
>>339723204
With games like Diablo people expect more content. Shooters like Overwatch are expected to be repetitive.
>>
Overwatch didn't launch as complete garbage
>>
>>339721562

Because overwatch makes healsluts more sluts begging for recognition.

>play widowmaker in shitty ways
>game commends me

>play mercy well
>game shuts up about it
>>
No one loves Overwatch. Its babby first shooter.
>>
Diablo 3 had a spectacularly bad launch, so it pissed people off immediately. Overwatch did not have the same kinds of launch problems, and it's new, so right now is the honeymoon. Same thing happened with Reaper of Souls, but once the honeymoon is over the mediocrity becomes apparent.
>>
>>339723603
>Diablo 3 had a spectacularly bad launch, so it pissed people off immediately. Overwatch did not have the same kinds of launch problems, and it's new, so right now is the honeymoon.

not really. diablo had login server issues with what you would expect from a release of that type of game. it was nothing worse than any other similar game in history, and in fact, i had login issues for like 4 hours and then almost never again

it's purely that the game was bad. not technical issues.
>>
>>339721562
Wow I forgot that this game is living proof blizzard buys review scores

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/diablo-iii
>>
File: download.jpg (76 KB, 720x530) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
76 KB, 720x530
>>339723578
>No one loves Overwatch
>>
>>339721562
I don't see how these games are even comparable.

Overwatch is a shooter and a new IP, Diablo is a dungeon crawl and an entry in a larger franchise.

People like Overwatch because it's new and part of a genre that went a long fucking time without any new blood from a big developer. People disliked Diablo 3 because it "wasn't as good" as the others and was just kind of a slog in general. Every element of Diablo 3's story acts to the detriment of the rest of the experience. It's predictable hackneyed bullshit and there were at least 3 fucking points in the story where a "good" character was introduced and all I could think was "I'm going to have to murder you later after you betray me."
>>
>>339723578

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>Muh c-counter strike

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>m-muh quake

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>M-muh unreal

I THINK I SAID HAHAHAHA ALREADY.
>>
overwatch is a good game
>>
>>339723960
you're not gonna get that raise from Blizzard with cheap shitpositng like that
>>
>>339721562
because they play the superior game PoE

there you got me to reply chill
>>
Op, these two games have nothing in common. The only reason someone who likes one should be expected to like the other is because they are a blizzfag drone, and I'd like to hope that there aren't to many of those here.
>>
>>339721562
they're both dogshit
>>
File: 1458987353099.jpg (130 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
1458987353099.jpg
130 KB, 1024x576
>>339721562
for the same reason they hate the new SW Battlefront, Destiny, or SF5

those all had prequels what were much better or had way more content

if OW had a prequel with more "hardcore" gameplay and/or more content people would fucking hate this OW game as it is.

that said, this is a quite shitty way of judging games, as while OW didn't "let down" people they should realise that it's still on the same level as the games they are shitting on
>>
>>339721562
They're both simplistic casual shit.
>>
>>339723169
>singleplayer
>singleplayer
>singleplayer
no
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.