[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can anyone tell me if this game is any good and if the community
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: The-Secret-World-cover.jpg (22 KB, 470x259) Image search: [Google]
The-Secret-World-cover.jpg
22 KB, 470x259
Can anyone tell me if this game is any good and if the community is still populated?
>>
>>339717569
all MMOs are shit
>>
>>339717569
Bump. Not OP but curious as well. Bored as fuck
>>339719363
What do you play? CS?
>>
>>339717569
>>339719482
It is a GOOD single-player MMO. Fun with friends too, but IMO dragged down with SHIT combat.
Some people are fine with combat, but for me personally it is the only downside, that I can't get over.
>>
It's worth playing for the puzzles alone. Better puzzles than most puzzle games. The setting is great, especially if you like real world mythologies and shit.

You'll hear mixed reviews about the combat. A lot of people seem to think it's hard, but it's just your typical "roll out of telegraphed attacks." It is a bit bland, and it's how you'll be spending a fair amount of time.

One of my favorite mmo's, though i didn't like it for the mmo aspect. Definitely worth 10-20 bucks if puzzles and setting sounds like something you'd be into, and you don't have too any gripes with mmo combat/questing systems.
No idea about the community because i haven't played since around the time they released the Tokyo mini-xpac
>>
>>339717569
its a great singleplayer RPG trapped inside a generic MMO. so funnily enough its best played solo since the usual "working off the journal" procedure is killing off the good atmosphere.
i think its a pretty good game to sink in if you can overcome the MMO flaws.
the investigation quests are a special highlight and probably the best of its kind in any genre ever.
also it really doesnt matter if its community is dying because of the reasons above.
>>
>>339717569
the base game was great for one playthrough thanks to good quest design and atmosphere

but I heard they nerfed the leveling enemies into the ground to make it more accessible so fuck them, their shitty combat system only worked for tough enemies when you had to figure out what build to use when (it was designed grounds up for that), now its complete trash
>>
All you really want to play it for are the puzzles
>>
Well OP here me and a friend just bought the ultimate edition for 40$ off G2A for steam. Glad to find out there are an amazing amount of DLC's and this game seems right up my ally with swap able talent trees and no levels just a custom built character out of 500 point options for ranged/magic/melee styles all mixed.
>>
>>339720594
Hope you have fun
>>
>>339717569
funfact: They will release a new conan mmorpg as early access this summer
>>
Played for a year, stopped back in Feb due to time constraints.
Good game, as was said good single-player MMO.
For $20 you can easily get hundreds of hours out of it. Worth it IMHO.
>>
Its a good game

Sad its tied down by bad MMO mechanics without using any of the MMO subgenre's strengths.

It really should have been a co-op game with better mechanics, but you know how it is, everyone's gotta jump on the MMO bandwagon despite the fact they don't know how to make a good MMO.

Game is okay, good for a playthrough, but ignore the community, its your standard neo-MMO community of solo oriented world and queue based dungeons.
>>
File: 6498494.png (27 KB, 1020x680) Image search: [Google]
6498494.png
27 KB, 1020x680
>>339717569
>>339717569

It's fucking delicious

If Funcom had maintained this level of world building and story writing with Funcom and Conan they'd be sitting golden.

What's worse is as a player I can't seem to find it in me to bother trying to find a group of folk to play with.

I hate playing MMO's alone, but I'm also not willing to put up with the unique levels of stupid you come across in MMOs

Dunno what the fuck I'm going to do.

Also, despite all the awesome shit in it that I felt was worth the money. It's apparently not Cash-Positive for Funcom. Anarchy Online is.

Dunno how the fuck they managed that.
>>
I remember playing this game. The thing I liked the most was the business woman with the valley girl accent. I loved that idea, smart woman with that accent
>>
>>339717569
It's a fun game to play and the community is still pretty active.

I was playing with a friend and we got to a mansion where a quest giver lived and on the top floor a bunch of people were having a dance party for their online community. We opened up a secret bookshelf door and found two male characters standing face to face with no clothes on. My friend called them gay and we just did the quests and left.

Big problem I have with it is that the pistol skills aren't that great. I wanted to be a Chow Yung Fat type of dude but there wasn't much you could do with the pistols that was cool like that.
>>
>>339717569
The seting and atmosphere are good, the quests and puzzles are some of the best in any MMO (which isn't saying much, but still, they're good), but the combat is bland as fuck and suffers from being floaty, slow, having bad animations and lacking in visual feedback.

It's worth a try and if you can get over the shitty combat it's a great game, but I gave up on it after finishing the first major area.
>>
File: sf-o.gif (405 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
sf-o.gif
405 KB, 320x180
>>339722341

Play with friends?
>>
>>339723538
>friends

Normie get out ree etc.
>>
>>339720113
found the autist
>>
Threadly reminder that Carter is the best girl.
>>
>>339720919
What will happen to the old one? I haven't reached cap yet
>>
I gave it a roll for an hour but i couldnt into the combat. That failing is completely on me though and not the game. I just couldnt remember how i sunk 5 years into city of heros and completely forgot how to simply move and shoot in this game.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.