[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fuck you, this was a good game and the third act wasn't that bad
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5
Fuck you, this was a good game and the third act wasn't that bad
>>
>>339717563
I dare you to try and explain the ancient cult Internet monster. And the flying, superpowered cloaked guy. And the zombie fuck.
>>
>>339717563
man i loved the game up until the end, i was literally so fucking confused i had no clue tf was going on, i thought i had accidentally installed some sort of fanfic mod or something. especially when he gets with that chick out of fucking nowhere
>>
>>339717795
1. I cannot defend internet monster
2. Cloaked guy has been fucking with you since the first 5 minutes of the game and it's established he's a magic cultist guy in the first five minutes too
3. Being a zombie is kind of cool but it was really weird that he had sex... thought that was kind of creepy... then he used his dead man sperm to have a kid...
>>
>>339717563
it was a good game until he dies, then all go downhill.
>>
>>339717985
So you can't defend any of the major flaws?

I mean hey, I liked the game too but I won't pretend the entire third act is a total mess. Why does turning into a zombie give you equally crazy magic powers as the cultist?
>>
>>339718292
I thought it was implied the magic powers were not from being a zombie but just that you had had them all along and they had been latent, then exsacterbated starting at the murder, not the zombie
>>
I actually liked that flying robot bullshit
Still would have been better as an occult murder mystery
>>
... said no one ever.
>>
I can't even described how bad that last part was.
>>
>>339717795

>Video Games

There's problem solved.
>>
Quantic Dream have never made a good game. Some would argue they've never made and actual game.
>>
>>339717563
>game
It clearly states "start movie", its not a game
>>
>>339719297
you control characters, so it's a game
>>
File: title1.jpg (478 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
title1.jpg
478 KB, 2560x1440
>>339719442
>>
>>339719536
it's a game movie
>>
>>339719000
I have no problem with the fact that any of it exists. I have a problem with the fact it's forced, out of nowhere, nonsensical and completely unexplained.

So I guess it's more of a problem with the writing then the elements themselves.
>>
>>339717563
>this was a good game and the third act wasn't that bad

This is some kind of an exercise in trying to fit the maximum possible amount of lines into one sentence.
>>
>>339720069
>lines

LIES

FUCK
>>
>you will never have sex with an ice zombie
>>
File: 1459040899067.gif (510 KB, 250x186) Image search: [Google]
1459040899067.gif
510 KB, 250x186
>>339717563
>That part with the insane asylum
>the police archives being a maze
>playing basketball in a jersey and shorts in far below freezing temperature
>the mystic hobos
>the fucking matrix powers out of nowhere
>the alien ai thing out of nowhere
>the russian super soldiers out of nowhere
>using your matrix powers to fist fight a helicopter
>MC fucking dies and comes back as a mystic zombie
>The entire world freezing over thing that had no reason to be there
>the little kid sections
>the black police dude just fucking leaves and thats it
There's probably far more but I can't be bothered, it wouldn't be that bad if they just rolled with it but David had to push the ITS ART ITS SERIOUS STORYTELLING shit
>>
>>339721063
>implying half the stuff in that list isn't cool as shit
>>
File: 1464831669052.gif (729 KB, 267x200) Image search: [Google]
1464831669052.gif
729 KB, 267x200
>>339722103
It's bad because they're played completely straight in a "movie" that's supposed to be taken seriously and not a dumb videogame
>>
>>339719000
It would be alright if it was any genre other than adventure game/interactive story. Im playing the game to know what it happens, and the plot and characters need to be coherent at the very least.
>>
>>339723191
even cooler
>>
TECHNO PEOPLE
TECHNO PEOPLE
WE ARE THE INTERNET
STEAL THAT BABY
>>
>>339717563

No it wasn't, you just have very low standards. The game was a piece of QTE dogshit since the beginning, but the 3rd act has to be the worst narrative writing I've ever experienced in a vidya. And I've played thousands of vidya.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.