[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So should I get MGS 5 or TW3? I just recentply played through
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6
So should I get MGS 5 or TW3?
I just recentply played through MGS1-4 and really enjoyed all of them. But I heard MGSV isn't that good and has no real ending while everyone says TW3 is a masterpiece
>>
Both are great games. MGSV has far more gameplay options, but TW3 has a better story.
>>
I liked mgs5 and hate all witcher games but hey who am I I'm nobody
>>
>>339716836
MGS5, no contest. Its the far better game.
>>
>>339716836
Have you played Peace Walker? Because MGSV is tied into Peace Walker. Also you're playing Ground Zeroes after Peace Walker right? It's the first mission of MGSV
>>
Mgs v is the better options as the other anons have said. The only reason it gets shit on is because it was not as good as it was expected and people had huge expectations. It's true the ending is a bit shit, but remember It's the journey not the destination. Big bosses story ended with 4
>>
>>339716836
Get MGSV if you appreciate good gameplay. Get TW3 if you're some kind of mongoloid who only enjoys games for their story and writing.
>>
If you enjoyed MGS4, you won't think V is bad.
>>
The people on this board have no idea what they're on about. MGSV is single handedly one of the most disappointing games of a generation. It is bad, and it left me raw after thoroughly enjoying and being invested in all of the other MGS games. The Witcher 3 is well worth your money, and you will enjoy it if you press a few hours in and give it half a chance.
>>
>>339717617
It's a choice between a game that has shit gameplay but an amazing story, or a game that has amazing gameplay but a shit story.
>>
>>339717617
>MGSV is single handedly one of the most disappointing games of a generation

lol no. goty last year actually
>>
>>339716836
you should play MGS: Peace Walker HD instead.
Superior than MGS5, essential to understand jack shit what's going on. Not to mention even then you would have to play the Ground Zeroes before TPP.

Similarly, you should just play Witcher 1: Enhanced Edition.
>>
Do I have to play Witcher 1 and 2 before 3?
>>
>>339717930
probably
>>
>>339717930
No, but it helps to understand what history the main character has with the reoccurring characters (there are a lot of them)
>>
>>339717930
It helps
>>
>>339717617
The game itself was fine up until Chapter 2. Only reason you'd be disappointed with MGSV is if you take the batshit insane story seriously.
>>
>>339717930
hell no if those are the rules youre following you'll never get to play witcher 3 because the gameplay in 1 and 2 are so bad.

just fucking play the third one and forget about the other two.
>>
>>339717930
No.
>>
>>339716836
MGSV's gameplay, open world and progression is fucking excellent.
The story after the first mission is shit tho
>>
>>339716836
Get W3
Keep track of the metal gear twitter, if they ever get disarmament on one console and whatever happens, then decide if you want to play MGSV
Alternatively, get Ground Zeroes when it's really cheap to scratch the MGS open world stealth itch
>>
>>339718227
>Keep track of the metal gear twitter, if they ever get disarmament on one console and whatever happens, then decide if you want to play MGSV

You can stop posting. No one plays this series for online bullshit, and I doubt OP cares.
>>
File: image.jpg (348 KB, 1996x1120) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
348 KB, 1996x1120
I still see them in my dreams
>>
>>339718536
uh the fob is sort of what ties the game together
>>
File: pent.png (17 KB, 584x531) Image search: [Google]
pent.png
17 KB, 584x531
>>339716836
>this moron will get tw3 over the last installment of a series he likes
>>
>>339718707
No it's not.
>>
>>339718881
yeah tis
>>
>>339718701
i work inbound at a warehouse
i see these things every day.
they smell like chinese pissants
>>
>>339717862
Fight the sniper warning arc and shoot the rock bullet sponges and having to do this on the hardest difficulty to beat the game is hardly good gameplay. The game is tight, and invading bases in the wasteland is fun, but actually progressing through the game to the end is a fucking chore.

>>339718017
The story is too busy to ignore within the game, and too straight to enjoy ironically imo
>>
>>339716836
Witcher 3 has some of the best quests in gaming and the story is fantastic, but combat is so bad, so mashy I don't know how people praise it.

MGSV is the unfinished and unsatisfying conclusion to one of the finest series in gaming history. But the stealth gameplay is topnotch and arguably the best out of the series.
>>
>>339716836
MGS 5 and play Witcher trilogy later (imo 1st witcher was the best)
>>
>>339719094
You know that minigun on D-walker that you thought you'd never use other than just shitting around? Try that.
>>
File: 1453689085533.jpg (17 KB, 309x376) Image search: [Google]
1453689085533.jpg
17 KB, 309x376
>>339716836
>So should I get MGS 5 or TW3?
Get the one that's actually finished.

And MGS is Complete with 1-4, nothing else is required to play.
>>
>>339719183
4 was the conclusion
>>
File: ss+(2016-06-02+at+06.23.42).png (35 KB, 620x297) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-06-02+at+06.23.42).png
35 KB, 620x297
>>339718536
If you want to get that stupid Chapter 3, maybe you should focus on finishing the second.

A massive multiplayer event where people fight over complete dismissal of nuclear bombs is exactly the type of thing Kojima would do.
>>
V if you prefer gameplay, W3 if you prefer story
>>
>>339719279
yeah get texture mod for Witcher 1 and its gonna look all right
>>
>>339717481
are you a retard
>>
>>339717617
>seeing MGSV as final installment while 4 already did the job
>not seeing MGSV as the stealth game kojima always wanted to make
Giving a game shit for its Story is bullshit even in a series like MGS
>>
>>339717930
yes you should, gameplay isnt as bad as faggots make it out to be and you can get texture mods
>>
>>339719348
then my point still stands
>>
Mechanically MGS5 is amazing, so trumps the Witcher there. However the Witcher has a far far better story (read has one) and has great gameplay itself. The Witcher is the longer game with every sidequest having its own story while MGS has sidequests that are 'blow this up' half the time
>>
File: mgs 5 cardboard armor.webm (3 MB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
mgs 5 cardboard armor.webm
3 MB, 853x480
do you want gameplay or story?
>>
>>339716836
Mgs5 was disappointing but still a great game tbqh.
>>
>playing MGSV some mission where I need to rescue hostage
>get far into level, second area and rescue about 6+ prisoners and a bunch of rare skilled A+ soldiers.
>grab last prisoner need to walk him out
>fine, go towards exit fall In ankle high hole
>can't climb out silently with prisoner, even though hole is very short
>have to throw the prisoner, makes noise gets me caught
>say fuck if and try to run with prisoner
>prisoner dies to headshot and have to restart
Haven't played this game since.
>>
TW3 if you want to be satisfied.
MGSV if you want to be left with an unfillable void and depression.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.