[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sonicfags, accept it. you can throw tantrums all you want that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6
File: chaos_large.jpg (28 KB, 500x357) Image search: [Google]
chaos_large.jpg
28 KB, 500x357
Sonicfags, accept it. you can throw tantrums all you want that the genesis trilogy that is this untouchable holy grail, or your half of the fanbase is the only intelligent part of this shitstorm of an fanbase. (kek) or use washed up youtubers or anti-gamergate based critics to support you're argument that this game sucks

but Sonic Adventure is far away the most iconic and memorable game in the entire fucking series. admit it. once you beaten the game. everything sticks to you 10-20 years later. neary everything is a clear memory about this game

>the intro
>the music
>the characters
>knuckle's race
>the levels
>the minigames
>chao garden(which we need a new one now)
>the awful but enjoyable dialogue
>the terrible but enjoyable voiceacting
>e-101 gamma
>the spindash and ways you can spam it
>using ramps with the spindash to skip parts of the levels
>the unveiling of this game way way way back at a press conference in mid-late era japan.
>THE FUCKING MUSIC! OH DEAR GOD. THE MUSIC WAS CREATED BY THE HOLY ANGELS ITSELF TO CLEANSE THE WORLD OF WAR
>chaos, whom is the perfect villain in this entiure fucking series.
>big the fucking cat, despite his shit gameplay. is now ascended from joke character into a loved meme status that barely makes of fun of his original concept.
>the fact this game came out in a era where 3d platformers were becoming collectahon shitfests and stuck to its guns

Face it. when you eventually call the game shit. irl you will end up crying wishing Sonic 2/3&K were on the level of iconic status Sonic Adventure is. people got more into Sonic via the Gamecube port of Sonic Adventure than the Genesis Originals, sad isn't it. and all you do is make shitty memes. refer to someone elses opinion rather than coming up with your own. simply call any game "shit" and expect to be called right or wrong to boost you're ego.
>>
and niggas, my first game was Sonic 2 way back when i knew how to play games when i was nearly in diapers. i was there from the near start. since then my tastes have changed other than only playing those first 3 games while also overlooking sega's other games and swooning for nintendo.
>>
>>339714697
It's iconic in the same way 9/11 is

an utter disaster that's horrifying to see unfold and now just a cheap joke for those who didn't experience it at the time
>>
>>339714697
Hey newfag, one of the words you used in your post causes autosage. Let's play a fun game and try to guess which it is.
>>
>>339714831
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, i hurt someone's fellings XD
>>
>>339714831
No, that would be Sonic 2006.
>>
File: clip+(2016-05-13+at+02.30.49).jpg (100 KB, 500x560) Image search: [Google]
clip+(2016-05-13+at+02.30.49).jpg
100 KB, 500x560
>>339714930
>>
>>339716121
That's just Sonic Adventure 3.
>>
File: 000 (1).jpg (105 KB, 650x900) Image search: [Google]
000 (1).jpg
105 KB, 650x900
welp, time to post sonic girls in another baiting sonic thread.
>>
>>339714697
I only have a vague recollection of most of those things. Hardly what I'd call memorable.
>>
i'll admit sonic adventure translated the formula into 3D very well at the time but it hasn't aged very well.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160419-083629.jpg (526 KB, 1036x1821) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160419-083629.jpg
526 KB, 1036x1821
Huge Sonic autist here.

Sonic Adventure is fucking trash and one of the most overrated games of all time.
And in the sonic community it's nowhere near as revered as any of the genesis games so I have no idea what OP is smoking. But even if he was right, his argument would be flawed at the core because Skyrim is by far the most popular Elder Scrolls game, as is Bioshock for the shock games, Fallout 3 for Fallout, etc.

Pic related. I even bought the game again on Xbox to 100% it again and get the achievements.
>>
>THE FUCKING MUSIC! OH DEAR GOD. THE MUSIC WAS CREATED BY THE HOLY ANGELS ITSELF TO CLEANSE THE WORLD OF WAR

this isn't wrong, for all the mixed reception this game gets. its one of the goat osts. if you hate the soundtrack, you're beyond help in layers of autism.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNVz6N-bNZs&index=43&list=PLvNp0Boas722L8qX0VsBhaI8s0a9k4Umr
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7A2lG_KDySo&index=67&list=PLvNp0Boas722L8qX0VsBhaI8s0a9k4Umr
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsgjBf7nzbo&index=37&list=PLvNp0Boas722L8qX0VsBhaI8s0a9k4Umr
>>
OP's not wrong, Sonic Adventure is memorable and worth a playthrough if you haven't. It's pretty rough around the edges though. The Genesis trilogy + CD still kills it.
>>
>>339714697
>one side loves the original Genesis games
>the other side loves the Adventure games
>both sides hate each other

Can't we all just get along, and then gang up on everyone else?
>>
>>339718907
like the above >>339718569 lets all just post music from various sonic games. if theres anything we all agree on, sonic music is always good.
>>
File: Sonic's car.jpg (68 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Sonic's car.jpg
68 KB, 1024x768
>>339714697
>Sonic Adventure is far away the most iconic and memorable game in the entire fucking series.
Nah the first one on Genesis is. Sonic running right, green hill zone, motobugs, saving little animals from a capsule, Eggman with various boss fights. That's what people care about, that's what everybody remembers.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.