[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /v/, i came here to ask you guys for help. I've been
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
File: 51pARaPN42L.jpg (40 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
51pARaPN42L.jpg
40 KB, 500x281
Hey /v/, i came here to ask you guys for help.
I've been trying to fix fallout 3 for windows 10 for about 3 hours right now but i'm not finding any solutions.
Anyone here who fixed it successfully before on windows 10? Any hints?
Thanks
>>
I forget what I did to get it working

might've done this though
http://steamcommunity.com/app/22370/discussions/0/537405286648201401/
>>
you need games for windows live installed or use games for windows live disabler

and if you have it installed in program files for some reason it may cause some issues on later versions of windows 8/8.1 and 10 if not it should work just fine
>>
OP here
This is where i have the game installed
D:\Steam Games\steamapps\common\Fallout 3
I have GFWL Installed, didn't solve it, tried using GFWL Disabler, also didn't work.

>>339713657
Thanks for trying to help, followed all those steps, still didn't work. Any other ideas?
>>
>>339712531
>he fell for the windows 10 meme
should have stuck with 7 for maximum compatibility until 10 gets its shit together in 2 years or wait till 11
>>
>>339712531
You may well be shit out of luck with this one, game wasn't made to work on anything beyond XP and Vista.

Just out of curiosity, what video card you packing?
>>
>>339714329
Got it along with this new laptop, way more practical in my situation than building my own desktop and i cba to buy windows 7 installation disks
>>
>>339714329
you know nothing pleb

FO3 does not have compatibility issues on W10
>>
>>339714483
Nvidia Geforce 920m
>>
>>339714818
Video card should be fine to run it then, I know the game doesn't like intel onboard cards.

What specifically is the game doing? Is it throwing out an error message or something? We need abit more info man.
>>
what happens when you try to launch the game you know the relevant info you fuck
>>
>>339714601
apparently is does, I hear you can't even get more the 2gb ram fixes working either
>>339712531
>>339713657
>>
>>339715052
When i try to launch the game from steam, or directly from it's folder, the launcher shows up, i can manage my mods and set my graphical settings, i press play and i see the first couple of frames of the intro to the title screen and then it goes from full screen to windowed mode, goes all black and i get another box saying "Fallout 3 has stopped working"

Sorry for shitty posts, first time on /v/
>>
Disble GFWL with the tool on the FO3 nexus, or install GFWL from Microsoft.com
>>
>>339715454
Already tried both, didn't work
>>
>>339715508
How about Vista compatibility mode and the 4GB patch enabler?
>>
>>339715746
Windows Vista, Service Pack 1 or Service Pack 2?
>>
>>339715508
Try using the script extender exe, it's much more reliable then the GFWL disablers

http://fose.silverlock.org/
>>
>>339712531
Use tales of two wastelands with New vegas. More stable than the base Fallout 3 game, and works!
>>
>>339715993
Gives me the same error message as before, just crashes my game with the message "Fallout has stopped working"
>>
>>339716084
I heard about that, but is it correct that you need all the fallout 3 DLC's as well? I only bought the vanilla version, not GOTY.
>>
>>339716278
I legit don't know what to tell you man, I don't think it's gonna work, Bethesda made a shit port and its finally catching up with itself.
>>
>>339716360
The dlcs for both games can be torrented. Even works for Fallout 4.
>>
>>339716483
No problem, thanks for trying :)
>>339716564
Can you torrent the DLC for a steam version of the game?
>>
>>339716564
Yes, i did it for Fallout 4 and it should still work for NV and F3 just fine.

The dlc files are like mods, you drag them into the data folder and play.
>>
this thread triggers me

fallout 3 is a piece of shit game that was put together using sticks and wonderglue a badly programmed video game but all that aside you should be able run it so you figure it out anonyderp
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.