[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which Nippon Ichi game has the best humor
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: 6-disgaea-343735[1].jpg (29 KB, 507x304) Image search: [Google]
6-disgaea-343735[1].jpg
29 KB, 507x304
Which Nippon Ichi game has the best humor
>>
File: ZHP-1.png (201 KB, 480x272) Image search: [Google]
ZHP-1.png
201 KB, 480x272
>>
Makai kingdom. Better overall characters too than disgaea. To this day I'm sad that it flopped and the PSP game didn't get localized.
>>
>>339706973
Seeing how they've ported D1 and Phantom Brave on PC, I'd say there's a good chance we might see it on Steam one day.
>>
>>339706697
You posted it OP, although I dunno if the writing actually got worse or if atlus are just much funnier then NISA writers

Either way there's only a single "flat chests lmao" joke in the whole game and it's a part of a bigger, actually funny joke so it's automatically the correct choice
>>
>>339706973
I never really liked Makai Kingdom that much. The procedurally-generated levels were really boring, and the storyline was paper-thin with a lot of dropped plots and meaningless concepts thrown in at random, with an unsatisfying conclusion. And even at the time, I could tell that they were just desperately trying to milk Disgaea's success after Phantom Brave ended up stuck in its shadow, before finally just making a direct sequel.

The characters were good, but that was about it. I have a lot more respect for Phantom Brave and Soul Nomad than I do for Makai Kingdom.
>>
>>339706973
>PSP game didn't get localized

Just get the fantranslation
>>
>>339706876
this
/endthread
>>
>>339706697
Disgaea Infinite or this >>339706876.
>>
File: wat.jpg (1 MB, 1920x2588) Image search: [Google]
wat.jpg
1 MB, 1920x2588
I liked this one.
>>
>>339708510
Seeing Metallia's reaction to that made it even better.
>>
>>339709509
I wish it would've happened earlier in the game. I can totally see those two working together and get Malia pregnant.
>>
>>339706876
First reply best reply
I was gonna say Soul Nomad but fuck me, the humor in that game is overshadowed by the darker moments
I really fucking hope some of the underdog N1 titles get PC/Vita ports
>>
>>339708510
Hundred Knight had a lot of clever shit, like the Lord Peptobis shtick
>>
>>339708510
Shame I never got past chapter 1 because Metallia kept booting me back to XMB.
>>
>>339706876
This and D4.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.