[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I love this game (and tolerate the DLC), but why does it try
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: betterthanundertale.jpg (47 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
betterthanundertale.jpg
47 KB, 640x480
I love this game (and tolerate the DLC), but why does it try to make me sympathize with total jerks?
>>
>>339702914
>(and tolerate the DLC)
How? It's intolerable.
>>
>>339702914
Because everyone is a jerk somehow.
>>
>>339702971
I say tolerate because aside from Buddy being a total edgelord and Rando being the beta to end all betas, it has its moments, Buddy being able to run is a godsend and the music is still great. Definitely a disappointing follow-up to Painful, but not a terrible one.
>>
>>339703031
This. It's a much more realistic Daddy Simulator that makes you face the consequences of killing, coercing and manipulating people to save your daughter.
>>
>>339702914
You better not be calling ma man Brad a jerk, Op.
>>
>>339702971
I never got why the DLC was hated so much.
I thought it was fine, if a little repetitive.
>>
>>339703287
Oh no, Brad is not part of the jerks squad for me. The three biggest examples that come to mind are Marty, Sticky and Buzzo.
>>
>>339703428
I don't think you're supposed to sympathize with Marty. He felt guilty, but there was no reason to feel bad for the guy. He deserved what he got.
>>
>>339703403
>A lot of the plot points in Joyful were already established in Painful if you paid attention
>Buddy the Edgehog
>Rando
>Too short/ends too abruptly
>>
>>339703403
Bad almost non-existent (other than in the first and last 10 minutes) plot that only served to confirm things that were already implied in Painful or to ruin characters like Buddy, Rando and Buzzo.

Bad, boring and repetitive gameplay.

The good soundtrack doesn't save this shit game.
>>
>>339703780
What character did Buzzo have in The Painful outside of that one ending scene?
>>
>>339704403
His moment of redemption was retarded and forced as fuck.
>>
>>339704403
Not him, but for me what ruined him was the fact that in Painful, he made me wonder what Brad did that made Buzzo torment him like that, but then Joyful reveals that he just blamed Brad for Lisa's death,only to admit in the end that he was wrong.
>>
>>339702914
it's literally what if we remade TLOU but as hipster indie faggots
>>
>>339703428
Marty is an utter cunt. He absolutely deserves everything that happened to him at the end.

He is literally worse than Dale Spooner.
>>
>>339704658
The Father ending reveals that Brad did something to Lisa because of Marty forcing him to drink. Probably rape her.
>>
>>339704807
>He is literally worse than Dale Spooner.

Now let's not be brash here, anon.
>>
>>339704807
Don't worry anon, they're both rotting in hell now.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.