[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I want to get into S.T.A.L.K.E.R
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6
File: stalker-call-of-pripyat-cover.png (1 MB, 746x1046) Image search: [Google]
stalker-call-of-pripyat-cover.png
1 MB, 746x1046
>Should I start with pic related?
>>
>>339702241
You start with the first game and play release order you fucking inept retardfaggotcunt.
Fuck off.
>>
File: stalker guide v1,42.png (1 MB, 1536x1250) Image search: [Google]
stalker guide v1,42.png
1 MB, 1536x1250
>>339702241
Consult this Starting Guide,
then see the /vg/'s huge Stalker General for more tips and links: >>>/vg/stalker

Play in the release order. Start with no mods - only latest patch, OR get the full "Starter Pack" first; these contain bug-fixers and light visual mods that can help performance as well.
Leave big overhauls for later playthrougs. Avoid the "Complete" -mods. Always play on MASTER difficulty for best realism and atmosphere, and disable crosshair.

Don't give up in the beginning! The starting gear sucks ass and first area can be a bit boring.
>>
>>339702390
Thanks Anon. You have done good.
>>
File: STALKER SoC HUD guide_1.jpg (406 KB, 1440x810) Image search: [Google]
STALKER SoC HUD guide_1.jpg
406 KB, 1440x810
>>339702468
np, broski.
Good hunting, Stalker!

Remember: patience is a virtue in the Zone.
Thread lightly.
>>
>>339702241
you should start with reading the novel Roadside Picnic.
>>
>>339702390
>>339702881
How much of an absolute retard do you have to be to require these infographics?
Jesus fucking christ.
>>
>>339702241
Start with the first one (SoC), it's widely considered the best one also.
No Mods, just get the patches if you're not on steam or gog. maybe get the starter pack mod.
Play on Master Difficulty, doesn't neceseraly make it harder, but it removes bulletsponge enemies and the amount of ammo you have just makes more sense.
Adjust your brightnes, you want the nights to be dark.
Rebind your buttons for changing ammo type and changing fire mode.
>>
>>339702241
Oh and play the game LOUD on headphones if you can. You play this game because of its atmosphere, thats what the STALKER games are about.
>>
File: stalker mod choosing guide 2.3.png (160 KB, 1853x818) Image search: [Google]
stalker mod choosing guide 2.3.png
160 KB, 1853x818
>>339703445
With almost 10 years of experience in Stalker threads, I can honestly say that they've been a necessity.

It gets very tedious having to repost the same mantra for the fifth dozenth time. It's similarly annoying having to correct people's outdated information, as the games really are not in same shape as back in 2007.

That being said, I've got more praise than bash for these pics. Not to mention STALKER ain't the only nor the first game to get these kind of rookie guides.

Have a mod choosing chart.
>>
>>339704081
Cancer incarnate.
>>
File: 1464867385246.jpg (15 KB, 231x218) Image search: [Google]
1464867385246.jpg
15 KB, 231x218
>>339704469
>>
>Crouch down aim perfectly be stable
>Shots fly off diagonally
Thanks STALKER
>>
Autumn Aurora 2 for stalker: SOC made it comfy as fuck. It made a 10 year old game look NEXT GEN. Sort of attests to how little engines have been improving these last few years.
>>
>>339705893
it's also unstable as fuck, and BROWN.

>realism is brown!

vanilla already has better lighting and AI than 99% of all AAA games released in past 9 years.
>>
>>339702390
Thanks thats actually helpful.
I've tried twice to get into S.T.A.L.K.E.R and it just hasn't clicked yet.
>>
>>339709318
Np broski.
And don't worry, you are not the first nor the last rookie to have issues getting into the game. It kinda asks more dedication than many modern games, and the first area is pretty much the closest thing to a "tutorial" you get. I would recommend taking your time in Cordon though, as the difficulty can jump up quite a bit soon after.

most players agree that the game improves tremendously once you get to the game's "main hub", the 100rad Bar. Better gear also makes the gameplay easier; especially finding a scope for your rifle tips the scales fuckton for your favor.

and thanks for making my efforts feel worth the trouble!
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.