[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should i get overwatch or elite dangerous
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5
File: pjimage.jpg (181 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
pjimage.jpg
181 KB, 1000x1000
Should i get overwatch or elite dangerous
>>
>>339700656
Overwatch.
Pirate Elite Dangerous.
>>
Overwatch, buy Elite in 5 years when it's got some decent content.
>>
>>339700656
>google image it
>can't find it anywhere

Weird.
>>
Elite what? Overwatch is good clean fun. If you can't enjoy it then you should probably take a break from video games.
>>
>>339700656
Overwatch.

I've never played Elite Dangerous but it seems like some boring space exploration game.
>>
Overwatch it is then
>>
File: dirty bomb.jpg (725 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
dirty bomb.jpg
725 KB, 1920x1200
Dirty Bomb.
It's free so if you don't like it you won't have buyer's remorse.
>>
Elite. It's kinda shit now but you can get some fun if you don't focus on the grind.
If you ever enjoyed playing a multiplayer fps, don't buy overwatch. It's the LoL of the genre.
>>
File: image.jpg (74 KB, 490x497) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74 KB, 490x497
Doom
>>
>>339701106
Its shit and F2P.
>>
>>
I've put 500 hours into Elite:Dangerous, but I don't know if I'd recommend it. Its pretty empty of content and if you do get into it like I did, it'll be because of the grind. Honestly it was just something to do while listening to podcasts, so if thats what you want I'd say go for it, but otherwise stay clear. It isn't super fun or exciting or anything like that.

And I got tired of Overwatch in the beta, so I wouldn't recommend that either.
>>
Play Ultima Online instead.

Go kill people.
>>
>>339701486
It has way higher skill floor and ceiling and actually rewards teamplay unlike memewatch.
Also it's F2P but not P2W.
>there are people on this very board that dislike free games
Goddamn millenials with their 'disposable income' autismbux.
>>
>>339700656

Elite Dangerous is absolutely fucked at the moment, especially for newcomers.

For some reason the devs are obsessed with shitting up the game with more and more grind. For a while it was just grind to the big ships, which are largely irrelevant unless you want to do boring shit like trade or mine, and grind in powerplay, which is easily ignored as there is almost no point to powerplay, but since the engineers update it's now grind to get a ship that won't be annihilated in seconds by an NPC.
>>
>>339701686
>it's F2P
stopped reading right there
have fun playing with brazilians and russians
>>
>>339701829
Oh I do have fun playing on european servers, thank you very much.
You on the other hand enjoy playing your bland, unbalanced, overhyped babbymodo casual shooter that doesn't have nearly enough content to match its pricetag.
>>
>>339702002
>he's too poor to buy overwatch
fucking lmao

it has twice the content of TF2 at launch in terms of maps and characters and is marketed at twice the price, I don't see the issue
>>
>>339701696
>he uses flight assist
c'mon man, I don't even have the engineers update and would admit that the improved AI is a cunt, but a cobra 3 with decent guns can pretty much kill anything AI 1v1
>>
>>339700656
None of them.

Overwatch isn't worth it
(i bought it and refound it, trust me, it gets boring after a short while. Don't let the blizznions of /v/ tell you otherwise man.
Elite Dangerous still lacks a lot of content.

I'd just wait for something better to show up.
>>
For your sake dont get elite.
The grind is way too much for too little of an experience change. There really isn't much variety when it comes to ship classes. It also suffers from the space game idea where they want to make it realistic but no one wants to admit after 20 mins space is boring as shit and just a giant box filled with stars.
>>
Elite has more content and replayability than Overwatch.

Which tells a lot and both are the shame of the industry with their pricetag for the amount of content they offer.
>>
>>339700656
Both are good games, but very different ones - overwatch is mindless, instant fun, while elite is autistic fun
>>
>>339702376
>buying Activision-Blizzard memegames
top lel

TF2 came out 9 years ago and anybody who played the beta and doesn't suck Blizzard cock will tell you memewatch gets boring really fucking quick and the playerbase doesn't understand what the word 'teamplay' means.
>>
>>339702414
>I don't even have the engineers update

Then you aren't seeing what we are seeing.

The engineers update allows for incredibly OP shit that would take literally dozens of hours for players to grind for but NPC ships just have them.

And when I say annihilated in seconds I really mean in seconds. We are talking plasma accelerators with the firing rate of a multi-cannon that never overheat. I have never had a problem with fighting the AI in Elite dangerous but my first encounter after the engineers update was with a cobra that completely disabled my a-rated, twice boosted python's shields in a single pass. People in anacondas are losing fights to fucking eagles, for christ's sake. The balancing has all gone to shit.
>>
>>339702745
some people have friends anon
we've been pubstomping since release and having a ton of fun
prolly played about 60 hours, still isn't boring
sorry about your ADHD problems
>>
>>339703085
they fixed it like 2 hours ago. The npcs still are harder than before but the plasma multicannons and frag cannon railguns are gone.
>>
>>339702745
>more poorfag whining
lmao
It's like metacritic comment section all over again
>huur should have been F2P it's unfair!!!! 0/10
>>
>>339703114
>b-but it's fun with friends
Literally anything can be fun with friends. It's friends that make things fun, not fun things.

I'm happy for you having fun with your friends, I genuinely unironically am, but that doesn't make memewatch a great game. The balance, depth and playerbase are awful.

I'm not saying Dirty Bomb is flawless but it does a lot of things better than memewatch while being free, and guess what? It's fun with friends too.
>>
>>339700656
You should pirate elite dangerous and ignore overwatch
>>
File: avatar[7].jpg (4 KB, 96x96) Image search: [Google]
4 KB, 96x96
>>339700656
NEVER SUPPORT FRONTIER
do ___not___ give them your money i beg you dude

ill suck your dick, Elite is a terrible empty boring game, its good for some VR and maybe the looks but thats it, theres no game behind it, its all smoke and mirrors

with overwatch you at least get some fun
>>
>>339703440
>resorting to ad hominem that isn't even true
lel
How does it feel to have no substance to back your shit up?
>mmmhmph Activision-Blizzard I love the taste of your memes they're made out of 95% spunk mmphmhmmhh
>>
>>339703220

Are you sure? I see nothing to indicate there has been any update to 2.1.

And honestly, my biggest concern right now is the fact that mission are broken. Had to pay a 600,000CR fine last session because it was impossible to turn in a transport mission I took. The fact that I nearly lost my ship twice from pirate interdiction while making the trip sure didn't help.

I don't mind the new AI so much, just the equipment they have immediate access to. I do find it irritating that they never seem to turn when playing chicken with them, no matter how much larger my ship is. Ramming isn't an appropriate tactic for every ship but the AI don't seem to know that.
>>
>>339700656
Neither. Overwatch is shit and Elite could have been good if it wasn't some sort of testing playground for braben and his minions instead of listening to player feedback.

Yeah I'm salty
>>
>>339703972
it was a server-side update. The missions among many other things, are still broken
>>
>>339702002
>all this salt
and this is why, ladies and gentlemen, pricing your games is important, so you can keep the scum away from it.
>>
>>339704116
>The missions among many other things, are still broken

Then I don't care.

If I knew that when Frontier said they were going to "overhaul" the missions what they meant was they are going to break them more than ever then I never would have bothered checking out the engineers update. This update is already months behind schedule and it's still completely fucked. And it breaks the rest of the game in the process too.
>>
>>339704653
nobody expected anything else than a total fuckup from 2.1. I mean it's an update built around various versions of grind and RNG for fuck's sake.
>>
>>339700656
>Overwatch
A casual no-skill version of Dirty Bomb for 60 bucks? GO play Dirty Bomb, it's free and tons better and actual has a skill ceiling.
>Elite Dangerous
Meh, there are more space sims coming out.
>>
>There's this dumb thread on some imageboard where Op asks question between two entirely different games
>which one
What did anon mean by this?
>>
>>339704267
>implying I'm salty in the slightest
I just dislike shit overpriced meme games unlike plebeians like you who think that paying for something automatically makes it good.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.