[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /v/, i was thinking about trying a simulation game like sim
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: SimCity-Free-Download-7.jpg (908 KB, 1280x923) Image search: [Google]
SimCity-Free-Download-7.jpg
908 KB, 1280x923
Hey /v/, i was thinking about trying a simulation game like sim city (2013), is it good? do i need to buy the expansion to enjoy it better? is it the only game of this kind?
>>
>>339695121
Get Cities Skylines or Sim City 4
>>
>>339695218
I vote Sim City 4
Plenty of mods available too
>>
>>339695218
^ Was just about to post this crap.
Dont get "Simcity 2013 facebook meme" game, get a proper game if you wanna get into the genre.
>>
>>339695121
the only good thing about this game was the soundtrack.
Get Cities Skyline and play the OST for this game in the background.
>>
is it too bad if i try a torrent for cities and buy it only if i like it? are there available torrent for it anyway?
>>
>>339695585
just dl it
>>
>>339695585
>is it the only game of this kind?
>are there available torrent for it anyway?
What are you, a fucking kid?
Who the fuck asks stupid questions like that, is it your first week on the internet?
>>
>>339695121
Just don't buy Simcity 2013
>>
>>339695121
SC2013 are utter garbage.
>>
Just buy cities skylimes on steam. That way all the mods are just a subscribe button away on the workshop.
>>
>>339695585
Download it, try it, buy it or don't. We're not your parents.
>>
File: Londinium-25800.png (1 MB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Londinium-25800.png
1 MB, 1024x768
>>339695121
>is it the only game of this kind?

It's an old genre
>>
>tfw no one loves SC4 anymore
>>
play simcity 2000
>>
File: city.jpg (1 MB, 1607x1190) Image search: [Google]
city.jpg
1 MB, 1607x1190
>>339696274
i still like it
>>
>>339696274
If it played nice with multi-core systems and had a UI that was easier to set up for mods, I think the game would have become a true masterpiece of the modern era.
>>
>>339696387
>want to play it again
>remember I don't have it installed
>remember I'd have to install a billion mods
>give up do something else
>>
I can't play Sim City 4 because the simulation pauses when scrolling. Bugs the shit out of me.
>>
>>339695218
first reply
best reply
>>
>>339696249
> crossroads
> Caesar III
pick one

no wonder your houses can't evolve past tent and hovels and you need to pave it all with marble and put four markets to keep it stable

because of the way Caesar III "agents" model works, you need to design layouts so that agents have the least possible chance to roam away from living districts, ideally their routes should be linear too so that they can redistribute goods evenly
>>
>>339696274
I cant get nam to work last time i tried so i bought skylines. Still miss the change over from 3rd world dirty-manufacturing shithole to 1st world high tech masterworld. That was a good feel redeveloping all those old brown field sites. But truely cities shylines is the moderb version.
>>
>>339696814
I can't get over how oversized the road networks in C:S seem. You need highways and stuff for villages with 100 houses.
At least in SC4 you can increase the capacity of road types
>>
>>339697225
That's mostly due to how they scaled everything. Because everything is real-time simulation in C:S, it all seems too much for barely anything compared to what you needed in SC4. I'd have loved to see something akin to the region map done for C:S. Having a region build up slowly over time would have made things real interesting. Something like that might happen in the future, but the dev team would have to compromise on their "glass box" city boundaries and use a hard boundary like SC4.
>>
>>339697225
Low density hoising can have quite a few people living in them desu. The real problem with the roads is that the ai does not lane switch. There are mods which allow you to customize this but im mobile posting and cant remeber right now.

Traffic management just like sim city 4 rush hour is the main gameplay element in skylines. Plus without public transport every person drives or car pools clogging up your streets.

The easy way to manage traffic ia one way systems and large roundabouts. Hard mode is no roundabouts or one way streets.

Also important to remember is that traffic isnt the problem. Congestion is. Cars takinf more than one turn to get through lights is an issue not a lot of cars using one road.
>>
>>339695121
Cities is a better simulator, but simcity has more fun
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.