[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm getting my wisdom teeth removed soon Recommend me some
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: 1360387913667.jpg (40 KB, 314x311) Image search: [Google]
1360387913667.jpg
40 KB, 314x311
I'm getting my wisdom teeth removed soon
Recommend me some games to distract myself from the pain for a solid week.
Platform is not an issue
Would prefer games that I don't have to get worked up over like Kirby or something
Also how bad is it really? My sister bawled like a baby over it, but she's also dramaqueen as fuck
>>
>>339688465
my wife was fine like, the next day. hell she was fine by the time she came around from the mad drugs she was on. hope you've got somebody to carry you out of there.
also play through alpha protocol
>>
>>339688465
>mfw have 3 wisdom teeth in my mouth, 2 at the end of each upper side and one in the lower right
it dont hurts but they are still growing
>>
I don't know i never got wisdom teeth because I'm a newtype, but atleast you'll get some gas or something
>>
Question; why do Americans get general anaesthetic for teeth removal?

Last year I got 3 teeth removed in one session, two of which were wisdom teeth. They only used local anaesthetic and then after than I walked home which took about 30 mins. It hurt but I'm a man so...
>>
It's not that bad. I only had to take the painkiller the first 2 days. After that it was sore but no pain.
Play Sid Meyer's Pirates. The only sound you'll be able to make is "aaarrgh".
>>
File: 8f96XJO.png (410 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
8f96XJO.png
410 KB, 1200x675
>>339688858
>tfw im 18 yo but i wasn't born upgraded
>>
You'd want something that you can play with one hand, so you can shove ice cream into your face like most people do afterwards.

My wisdom teeth came in perfectly without any pain. Feels goodman.

>>339689012
There's nothing stopping you from doing it without gas, it's just that most people dislike pain.
>>
>>339689012
same here, i got 4 wisdom teeth removed and they only used local anesthetic
i took some normal painkillers and was fine the next day
>>
>>339688465
As soon as you go home, put ice on the side where you got them removed and take antibiotics.

I got both upper wisdom teeth removed and didn't feel any pain, but some of my friends who didn't do that had a pretty bad time.
>>
I find Okami to be a very enjoyable game. Beyond that, I guess anything that keeps you constantly thinking and acting.

I wouldn't know about the pain, apparently I just didn't get them.
>>
>>339689158
>being in pain
or
>being a weakened mental/emotional state and therefore likely to disclose secrets

I think I know which I prefer. Besides, it doesn't hurt that much.

>>339689212
I think the thing that bothered me more was that I couldn't eat much because I couldn't chew on either side of my mouth.
>>
>>339688465
I've seen this thread before
>>
>>339689107
>tfw im 18 yo
Average /v/ post. Fucking brilliant. Amazingly written.
>>
>>339688465
Depends how bad it is, they had to saw my jawbone apart and even the pixilated crack of tf2 couldn't distract me from the agony
>>
>>339689012
>3 teeth removed in one session, two of which were wisdom teeth
British?

>>339689158
>There's nothing stopping you from doing it without gas, it's just that most people dislike pain.
Local anaesthetic. I don't think anyone actually does it raw.

Re:the pain after, it very much depends on what state the tooth was in (and how well they patch you up, I guess). I've had two flawless removals, with the pain only lasting through the first night, and one that was a bit worse, i.e. 3-4 days of intermittent pain.
Eating's invariably going to be harder for a while, though. Not so much that you'd want to skip meals, but it's noticeable.
>>
File: 1464847502979.jpg (16 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1464847502979.jpg
16 KB, 250x250
>>339689535
>being a grammar nazi on a chinese cartoons site
>>
>>339688465
When I broke my thumb I played Herdy Gerdy on PS2 for a week straight.
>>
>>339689779
What should I judge you on if not the contents of your post?

You keep that shit proper or you get the belt.
>>
>>339688465
Actual procedure shouldn't hurt although it can feel a bit weird if you're not used to getting your teeth removed. Obviously, if your dentist manages to somehow screw up the anesthesia, then it'll probably hurt, but that has never happened to me. The next few hours after the procedure are fine before the anesthesia completely wears off, but after that the pain will become an annoyance for the rest of the day without any pain meds (I was never given any). After a day, it has never been a problem for me.

t. Someone who had 6 wisdom teeth and had like 6 other teeth removed as well
>>
>>339688465
The worst part is the noise. Cracking, ripping, tearing all echoing in your skull. The feeling of the pressure pulling away is strange. Get the strong anaesthesia and gas. If you have any anxiety they can give you shit for that too. Play some DKC or Yoshi's Island till the drugs wear off.
>>
File: 1446300744854.jpg (136 KB, 698x658) Image search: [Google]
1446300744854.jpg
136 KB, 698x658
>>339688465

>you will never be able to forget the sound and sensation of having your wisdom teeth being violently ripped from your skull

Anon, prepare for a month of misery, if you're an unlucky asshole.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.